Exhaust System or Top End Work?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why!!! There will always be someone that is a better rider or still has more power that will smoke ya. There was some guy on a home made look'n super moto look'n drit bike at dragn tail a year back that could be a real threat to any bike there. GONA DO IT JUST BECAUSE?

If you are looking for the most bang for your buck I would go with a drop in cam set. I would of course do a leak down test first and a compression test. If the test look good then the cams will give you an easy installation and any where from a 5 to 10 percent gain especially in the low and mid range areas. You can dial the cams in to take advantage of the increased duration which most suppliers will provide in their drop in units. The bike will spin up quickly and be a blast to ride. Reliability should not be compromised and the stock exhaust will handle this mod easily. The state is currently considering a real ban on loud pipes here in California so keep that in mind. Personally I don't like to let the cops know I'm coming. I hope this helps.

Plus with the pipes you lose weight, and you can sell them later to recoup some (50% - 75%) of your costs.

Last edited by a moderator: