Exhausts - Which one?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

croc

Reaction score
Bit sick of the FJR being in stealth mode and have been looking at what you guys have in terms of replacement canisters.............I would appreciate some input. Liked the look of the Blue Flames Dual S/S which would have been my first choice, but they will not send them to Australia. Muzzy have been around a long time and are cheaper posted from the States than the locally produced Staintune. Don't know much about Muzzy apart from what they have on the web.

My ride is a 2001 model and will retain the standard computer. What canisters do you fellow funsters suggest that will increase the power/economy or angle of the dangle! Anything purchased needs to be a complete replacement ie. cans, midpipes etc. and available by post.

And I had my Staintunes sent all the way from Australia to the US.....LOL....If you can buy those locally I think they are the obvious choice. Perfect fit, nice sound and they will fit the Holeshot header if you decide to go that route later.

And I had my Staintunes sent all the way from Australia to the US.....LOL....If you can buy those locally I think they are the obvious choice. Perfect fit, nice sound and they will fit the Holeshot header if you decide to go that route later.
They are a quality product with removable restrictors.

I loved my Devils slip-on, they sounds great.

DSC03047.jpg
[/img]

Devils Slip-On

Last edited by a moderator:
I also grew tired of the "stealth" mode and found a deal on some Holeshot cans. HUGE improvement in sound. Not obnoxious, but a deeper and more throaty (if I may use those two words in the same sentence) sound. I'm running mine with the standard computer (for now) and a stock air filter. Don't know how hard they are to get in the land down under, but if they're available, I highly recommend them. Exceptional quality, awesome sound and Dale Walker is a great guy to deal with.

https://holeshot.com

I also grew tired of the "stealth" mode and found a deal on some Holeshot cans. HUGE improvement in sound. Not obnoxious, but a deeper and more throaty (if I may use those two words in the same sentence) sound. I'm running mine with the standard computer (for now) and a stock air filter. Don't know how hard they are to get in the land down under, but if they're available, I highly recommend them. Exceptional quality, awesome sound and Dale Walker is a great guy to deal with.
https://holeshot.com
Which color did you get? How about some pics?

Do it right, BlueFlames!!
Blueflames015.jpg

Blueflames014.jpg

Blueflames look the goods......something different with the dual tips. The art of customising is to make something with more functionallity or something that stands out from the crowd. Blueflames meet this criteria.....unfortunately they won't ship outside the States!

BikeEffects is also a supporter of this forum in a rather large way for the size of his company and he sells Leo Vince's (And Staintunes, I think...but you'd have to check his website from the vendor's page).

I saw the Muzzy full header 4 into 1 exhaust system at WFO-5. Gorgeous set-up with a dino'd 10 hp increase in HP. It sounded STRONG too. I haven't purchased one yet but it is on my list. :)

I saw the Muzzy full header 4 into 1 exhaust system at WFO-5. Gorgeous set-up with a dino'd 10 hp increase in HP. It sounded STRONG too. I haven't purchased one yet but it is on my list. :)
I picked up 7 HP with my Muzzy full system {with optional quiet core} without a PC3!!! Lost about 20 lbs, too.

It has provision for the 02 sensor so can be used sans PC3, although a PC3 is recommended.

I picked up 7 HP with my Muzzy full system {with optional quiet core} without a PC3!!! Lost about 20 lbs, too.

It has provision for the 02 sensor so can be used sans PC3, although a PC3 is recommended.

T12, how has the 4 into 1 performed without the PC111. I am looking to reduce heat and change the sound, additional hp is not my end goal.

Fossil

T12, how has the 4 into 1 performed without the PC111. I am looking to reduce heat and change the sound, additional hp is not my end goal.

Fossil
Very well. I haven't installed the PC3 yet so can't compare, but I did the Bavarian mod +7 on all cylinders before installing the Muzzy system. Even with the quiet core it costs a little power on the low end but more than makes up in the mid and higher rpm ranges. It still sounds civil with the quiet core option, which I definately recommend. You're going to get more power and better handling {loosing 20 lbs}. I'll be installing the PC3 on my '06 now that Muzzy just released a download for it.