Famous Men and Their Motorcycles!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard Steven Tyler is a big motorcyclist.
Actually, Steven Tyler isn't a very big motorcyclist ;) , but he is a motorcycle enthusiast. He is also a partner in a motorcycle company here in the North East. Not only is he a motorcycle rider he is a big time motorcycle crasher too, a motorcycle accident had him in the hospital for months.

Dirico Motorcycles

2011_HOME_04_SPEEDSTER.jpg

2011_HOME_01_PROSTREET.jpg

2011_HOME_02_ROADSTER.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie Boorman, anything with 2 wheels.....

R
rSome feel that Charley is a bit of a poser and needs a full support staff around but there is no deigning the fact that he made himself famous within the motorcycling community.

So Richard, should I add Bungie and his Menstrual Cycle to the list?
I know Bungie can be as whiny as Charley but cut poor Bungie some slack. He is up there in Sudbury where the Big Nickel is currently buried under a snowdrift and Bungie spends his winter days dodging Polar Bears.

Shit if were trying to save peoples' hurt feelings, don't forget: Dumb&Dumber on the minibike to Aspen during ski season. Now bust should feel better that we added his kind too!

PS...Don't forget that Sylvester Stallone likes motorcycles too.

The Lone Biker of the Apocalypse...(From Raising Arizona)

ApocalypseRider.png

LoneBikerApocalypse.jpg

...and Biker John....(and the sopranos)

BikerJohn.jpg

Billy Jack and his Triumph...

BillyJackandhisTriumph.jpg

...and Fairlaner's Great Great Uncle Dick and his....I don't know what the hell it is.

Biker3copy.jpg

Not so sure he is famous, but I think many of you remember this short lived show. Michael Parks as Jim Bronson in Then Came Bronson. As a kid, I always thought I'd like to do that; just get on a bike and ride...to anywheres. Some day.

I know Bungie can be as whiny as Charley but cut poor Bungie some slack. He is up there in Sudbury where the Big Nickel is currently buried under a snowdrift and Bungie spends his winter days dodging Polar Bears.
True that.

No need to defend me from cheese-wheel dick.

If he associates being a man with riding a bike, he'll be back riding poser Harley's soon enough.

There's lots of great people on this list so far but i didn't see these two yet.

Joey's got some nice bikes!

Back in 2003 Matt LeBlanc got to take home the 1st Aprillia Nera that came to the states.

BikeStuff.jpg

He also knows how to enjoy himself:

In June 2005, LeBlanc admitted to "careless and irresponsible" behavior with a stripper during a motorcycle trip to Canada.What did she fall off the bike or somethin?

I got to meet Matt at MotoGP in 2005 right after he left Rossi's garage in the pits. I'm trying to find the pics but not having any success yet.

I asked if I could take a picture of him and my Wife and I thought she was going to have a heart attack. As it was she already couldn't speak because she was so star struck.

But my greatest Hero is still George Barber. He doesn't just have some bikes, he has one of just about every bike. Oh, and a pretty nice track right there top take em out on.

George%2525252520Barber%2525252520and%2525252520Me.jpg

True that.

No need to defend me from jalapeno cheese-wheel dick.

If he associates being a man with riding a bike, he'll be back riding poser Harley's soon enough (propably an H-D VRSCR Street Rod!).
Fixed.

I don't know if I would consider these guy's famous or not since they are merely media figures, but here are a few off the top of my head.

There is Raymond Cruz a great character actor who played the phsycotic "Tuco" on Breaking Bad. He should have gotten an award for his performamnce. I'm sure you'll recognize him. His hobby and passion is riding and building motorcycles. His pride and joy is a 1972 Moto Guzzi El Dorado police bike that he worked on for two years.

https://www.imdb.com/media/rm1807062016/nm0190441

Then there is James Hetfield from metallica.

https://www.customchrome.com/cc/view.asp?widowmaker_gal.html

And Pat Simmons from the Doobie Brothers

https://www.motorcycle-usa.com/301/8719/Motorcycle-Article/Bikes--Music-and-Doobie-Brother-Pat-Simmons-.aspx

Since his "True Lies" co-star was mentioned...you can include Tom Arnold on the list...he spoke at 2010's Long Beach IMS about how he really rode, and the Governator was a bit more....pampered.

Indeed! When visiting Sag Harbor & the Axeman I had a chance to see part of Billy's collection. He has a mini museum on a street corner where you can look in and see the bikes. Some female in a convertible came flying out of his garage and nearly pizzaed us as we were ogling his collection.

Not so sure he is famous, but I think many of you remember this short lived show. Michael Parks as Jim Bronson in Then Came Bronson. As a kid, I always thought I'd like to do that; just get on a bike and ride...to anywheres. Some day.
Great show - it was a black 900 Sporty as I recall.