FarkleBeam?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeckp

FJR Therapist
Reaction score
Inspired by Doug Shonley's Farklebar 2.0, I'm experimenting with a version that has threaded through-holes top to bottom and front to back.

A work in progress, to be sure, probably overkill (3/4 x 1" stock with 3/8"-16 threaded RAM ball mounts.

Farkle-Beam.jpg

Pics on-bike soon.

Looks good, very adaptable. You can make sheet metal plates to bolt on too for all your goodies.
Dave
Duh! I was so fixated on RAM ball mounts, it didn't occur to me to bolt anything to it. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the wind-induced vibration of the windshield would flake the tiles right off. Then whatcha gonna do? Unless you get some of those new-fangled farkle-specific rubber alloy tiles they're never gonna stay attached.

I believe the wind-induced vibration of the windshield would flake the tiles right off. Then whatcha gonna do? Unless you get some of those new-fangled farkle-specific rubber alloy tiles they're never gonna stay attached.
I know it's going on an FJR, but surely he's not travelling at shuttle re-entry speeds?

I know it's going on an FJR, but surely he's not travelling at shuttle re-entry speeds?
I really didn't think you folks would have trouble identifying the SHINY bits.

And I'm using Justin's retro-rockets for re-entry:

lr64-2_af5f96794337fcdf527d851fdf703f19-800x800.jpg

I wonder how lights would be mounted on the farkle bar. The would definately move in the direction your going in. Would be interesting to see.

Dave

I really didn't think you folks would have trouble identifying the SHINY bits.
I'm not really a shiny bits type o' guy I guess
smile.png

I wonder how lights would be mounted on the farkle bar. The would definately move in the direction your going in. Would be interesting to see.
Dave
I'd think the glare from the reflection from the windshield would be maddening......

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found the farklebar website. I like the power supply they have available...single power supply with 4 USB points and the whole thing is switched. Kind of large but a great idea for multiple USB powered devices. Puts the power supply right on the bar and replaces a fuse block. Great idea...way above my pay grade.

I just found the farklebar website. I like the power supply they have available...single power supply with 4 USB points and the whole thing is switched. Kind of large but a great idea for multiple USB powered devices. Puts the power supply right on the bar and replaces a fuse block. Great idea...way above my pay grade.
$$$ is what motivated this project.

$8 per aluminum bar

$10 3/8-16 Spiral tap

$10 per RAM Tough Ball 3/8"-16 X .375"

$18 5-port 40W intelligent USB Charger

~3 hours with arbor & drill presses... priceless