Father with family in SUV chased, beaten by speed-demon bikers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The good cop is becoming a rarity these days. They are becoming militarized and more brutal as each day goes by. The brotherhood hardly ever crosses the blue line and will cover for each other. This is still becoming a bad situation all around. I am sure Lein is not as inocent as everyone would like to believe here also. Two wrongs are still wrong.
Sorry Zilla, but I speak from experiance.

Nuff said,

Really? Did you just type all that? And you actually believe it?

The good cop is becoming a rarity these days. They are becoming militarized and more brutal as each day goes by. The brotherhood hardly ever crosses the blue line and will cover for each other. This is still becoming a bad situation all around. I am sure Lein is not as inocent as everyone would like to believe here also. Two wrongs are still wrong.

Nuff said,

I not only believe it I lived it. Your welcome to come over my house anytime and here my facts.

Nuff said,

I not only believe it I lived it. Your welcome to come over my house anytime and here my facts.
Undoubtedly there are bad, stupid, incompetent, overzealous, and lazy cops out there. Of that there is no question.

However you stroked a pretty broad swath there categorizing cops in some fairly old, and lame stereotypes.

Saying that all police officers are bad is like saying that all FJRs have ground spider issues. It just cannot be true. Sure there are bad cops. Sure they tend to stick together. And it is an absolute fact that some of them are truly the scum of the earth. However, they cannot all be crooks and criminals. I'd have to guess that the bad ones are actually a minority.

Of course they are a small minority of the total, just as they are a small minority in the general population. I'm also sure that priests who are pedophiles are a very small minority too.

The point here is that they are over-represented within their communities. Why is that, you might ask? Probably because people with these particular characteristics are attracted to the career lines they find most appealing.

And because these negative "traits" are so contradictory to their job's objectives, their presence becomes more obvious to an outside observer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see, I'm in New York - I'm not allowed to protect myself or my family by having a weapon, the cops are minutes rather then seconds, if not days away..... Fuck It - I'm out !!

Personally - there is no way in HELL you could ever get me to live in fucking NY, much less even go there, I will go around that fucking communist collaboration of constitutional miscreants, shitting on the rights of the people day in and day out...

No different then California
Amazing how you can totally offend 34,500 members of the NYPD and 8,345,000 NYC residents with a single sweeping, bigoted, overexaggerated, uneducated statement! It is actually hilarious coming from someone who is from Milwaukee which has literally 3 times the violent crime rate of NYC......
No, that would be 34,494 members of the NYPD. The news reports that at least 6 of the thugs participating in this "rally" were members of the NYPD.

Remember that only ONE of them has been charged so far, and no one except the guys who were there know the involvement of the others. Let's stick with the whole innocent until proven guilty mantra everyone bitches so much about.

Nuff said,
You have no idea what you are talking about. So, lemme guess, you got slighted once by some mean police man, so now all of us are bad?? Get a grip...What you are saying has been said for the last 60 years, and has never panned out. For the last 15 or so, it has gone in the complete opposite direction. We are supposed to be softer and kinder. We are told to report anything we see that may be viewed as "bad." We are guilty until proven innocent, unlike you. It's funny how my first impressions of people always come to fruition.

Nuff said,

Skoot...This is why I'm ready to retire. I'm almost there, and am counting the days. Right now, we are all lucky I'm NOT retired...Because if I was, I would blurt out the things I really want to say.

Nuff said,

Undoubtedly there are bad, stupid, incompetent, overzealous, and lazy cops out there. Of that there is no question.

However you stroked a pretty broad swath there categorizing cops in some fairly old, and lame stereotypes.
I love it when people cry that cops are becoming militarized. They have no idea what it takes to do this job, so they talk out of their butt about what their grandpa claimed. Let me explain something to you: If this place was not structured in a military way, how, as a suprvisor would I control my people. This job requires two types of orders. There are orders that are structured like requests. ie: "I need your monthly by the second of the month. Thanks." Then there are orders, duing high risk situations that are to be followed without question. ie: "Hold on this door and do not move." I have to be sure that when I tell someone to do something, it gets done exactly like I said. If not, people can get hurt and killed...

You know...It's just like your regular office job.

Saying that all police officers are bad is like saying that all FJRs have ground spider issues. It just cannot be true. Sure there are bad cops. Sure they tend to stick together. And it is an absolute fact that some of them are truly the scum of the earth. However, they cannot all be crooks and criminals. I'd have to guess that the bad ones are actually a minority.
People know this, but are childish whiners...How many of you know someone who has been hosed by a plumer, contractor, car salesman, doctor, lawyer, priest. It's childish stereotype put out there by people who were too chicken shit to confront the guy that did them wrong. Instead, they blast the rest of the people who are doing honest work.

Of course they are a small minority of the total, just as they are a small minority in the general population. I'm also sure that priests who are pedophiles are a very small minority too.
The point here is that they are over-represented within their communities. Why is that, you might ask? Probably because people with these particular characteristics are attracted to the career lines they find most appealing.

And because these negative "traits" are so contradictory to their job's objectives, their presence becomes more obvious to an outside observer.
It was described to me long ago that cops on the street are like sharks in the water. The sharks can't see all the fish because there are too many of them. But the fish see all the sharks because they stick out, so the fish know where they are. We are like principals at schools. We don't know all the kids, but all the kids know us. The kids that complain the most are the ones doing the majority of the rule breaking and just don't want to get caught.

Funny how this entire thing is suddenly the cops fault. Holy cow...I know what happened...all those guys on motorcycles were cops and they were looking for someone they could pick on.

Or...Cops are people too, and a couple dummies were someplace they should not have been. I wonder how many of them were computer programmers, dentist assistants, the guys who install alarms, electronic store employees, movie theater workers, grocery store cashiers, etc, etc...

Thread check people. This thread is drifting afield with Lenin, communism, broad generalizations about cops, lamenting the current state of the world, cats & dogs sleeping together, etc. Please keep it off general politics (remember you should take that divisive crap to other places on the Innernetz) and don't be the one that get's the thread closed down because you would rather rant in this thread than focus on what this forum is about...which is FJRs.
wink.png

Thanks.

The Management

How many FJRs did you see in the "Hollywood Stuntz" exhibition?

I looked at most of the videos of the stunts that were ongoing all morning before the incident with the SUV, and of course the incident videos too. And while there were all kinds of crotch rockets squids, motards and super motards, cruisers, even dirt bikes and quads, FJRs seemed to be conspicuously absent. Hmmm...

Well... I DID post this in the completely off-topic area...
rolleyes.gif

'cause no one intelligent enough to ride the wonderful and most awesome FJR would even consider such hooligan activity... right? Right?

No, silly... it's because you can't do wheelies with shaft drive and you can't do stoppies with ABS.

Doh!!
rolleyes.gif

Well... I DID post this in the completely off-topic area...
rolleyes.gif

'cause no one intelligent enough to ride the wonderful and most awesome FJR would even consider such hooligan activity... right? Right?
Uummm.

You been to an FJR meet recently? :)

All sorts of people ride FJRs and post on web forums. ;)

:D

Thread check people. This thread is drifting afield with Lenin, communism, broad generalizations about cops, lamenting the current state of the world, cats & dogs sleeping together, etc. Please keep it off general politics (remember you should take that divisive crap to other places on the Innernetz) and don't be the one that get's the thread closed down because you would rather rant in this thread than focus on what this forum is about...which is FJRs.
wink.png

Thanks.

The Management
Iggy...I think you have this confused. The victim's name is Lein...So any reference to Lenin was probably just a typo...Or one of those words where you think it says one thing, but really says something else.
crazy.gif
Otherwise...Good play!!
jester.gif

Iggy...I think you have this confused. The victim's name is Lein...So any reference to Lenin was probably just a typo...Or one of those words where you think it says one thing, but really says something else.
crazy.gif
Otherwise...Good play!!
jester.gif
You're right. I do have that one point confused. Thanks.
smile.png

The other elements (and some others unexpressed) are still there...so consider my post as the general Autumn reminder to some folks as they seem to start riding their FJRs less and armchair politicking more. Hey, I even Googled and found this place for people to vent until their spleens pop pout. ;)

I think that this thread has been beaten worse than the driver of the SUV. The more of it I read the more I want to go ride a wheelie on my 4-wheeler on a public road and kick the back glass out of a Range Rover.

While I will not give him credit for the best written post in the thread I am going to say the HotRodZilla is the decisive winner. I don't know how many Law Enforcement Officers we have on this board but I think he did a wonderful job of defending his profession. That is a job that I would not want. They will never pay enough money to convince me to be a police officer. When the public wants a police officer they bitch that there are not enough and that they take too long to arrive. Then when that same citizen breaks the law and suffers the consequences, somehow it is the police officer's fault. If ever there was a job where "You are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't" police work is it.

I have a few friends who are law officers. They are certainly no more or less honest than any of my other friends. They are people just like everyone else. They just have more exposure to public scrutiny.

While riding my FJR I have met good cops!

I would say my experience overall has been more than 50% are people I can respect. And yes some of them gave me tickets or slapped on the handcuffs. I don't think I ever got a ticket I didn't deserve. It seems the best cops weren't new to the job, they had been around the block a few times. The worst ones were often new to the profession and often had the world divided into just 2 types of people, cops and criminals.

All in all, my hat is off to the men (and women) in blue. The job doesn't pay so great, and in an instant you can be killed, or sued / imprisoned depending on the quality of a split second decision.

Easing back on topic, How many of you have FJR's on your local police force?

While riding my FJR I have met good cops!I would say my experience overall has been more than 50% are people I can respect. And yes some of them gave me tickets or slapped on the handcuffs. I don't think I ever got a ticket I didn't deserve. It seems the best cops weren't new to the job, they had been around the block a few times. The worst ones were often new to the profession and often had the world divided into just 2 types of people, cops and criminals.

All in all, my hat is off to the men (and women) in blue. The job doesn't pay so great, and in an instant you can be killed, or sued / imprisoned depending on the quality of a split second decision.

Easing back on topic, How many of you have been chased by an unruly mob trying to beat the shit out of you while riding your FJR on your local police force?
/assist/

How many of you have FJR's on your local police force?
Workin on it! We have an uphill battle against the "that's what we've always done" mentality and the Harley lovers in our midst. Right now we've got 8 road kings leased new every year and we're looking at expanding our fleet. I'm pushing hard to get at least 2 FJR's on board and we're looking at BMW's as well. My argument against BMW is the same problem we have with Harley... every single part comes in those special little boxes with the special logos and our dealers are out of town. Yamaha could be taken care of locally.

Here are moto-police in Scotland. This was a nasty day weather wise. Apparantly one of them was out for the fun of it on his own FJR!