Feather River Canyon Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike2

Shtirrenuppenmeister
Reaction score
Yes....it is time!

[SIZE=12pt]The Rules:[/SIZE]

NOT FJR specific! If you have a friend who wants to ride along, fine and dandy, dandy and fine. It's about the ride and the friendships, all are welcome.

THE PACE: PUH-LEEZE read it, comprehend it and apply it.

[SIZE=12pt]The Place:[/SIZE]

Lakeview Chevron

1111 "B" Street

Marysville, CA

I'm sure there will be groups forming from various locations to ride to Marysville together.

[SIZE=12pt]The Time:[/SIZE]

Meet: 0930

Kickstands UP: 1000

At least that's the plan, hope, desired end, goal, prayer, dream...........

[SIZE=12pt]The Route[/SIZE]

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...9743995ffe03df6

(I will also have a Garmin map if you'd like it, email me or PM me with your email address)

Basically...from the Chevron on Hwy 20/Hwy 70 across from the lake in Marysville, take Hwy 70 through Oroville and up the Feather River Canyon. We will be stopping at the rest area for a short break/stretch :rofl: :rofl: and then continue up to Quincy for lunch at the

Lunch Venue Change:

Courthouse Cafe

525 Main Street

Quincy, CA

From there we'll head East over Lee Summit, turn right on Hwy 89 through Blairsden and Glen Eagle then right again at Hwy 49. Up Bassett's Grade and stop at the overlook at the top, then down Hwy 49 to Downieville (stop at the Mini Mart on the left).

From Downieville we'll ride along the Yuba River and into Nevada City/Grass Valley. In Grass Valley we'll exit at McKnight Way and go left under the highway to the Chevron/mini mart.

From there it's down Hwy 49 to Auburn, left on Bell to I'80, esit Bowman Rd. left under I-80 and right on the frontage road, Lincoln Way, 1/4 mile to

Ikedas Tasty Burger

13510 Lincoln Way

Auburn, CA

Or we can change the end point to suit anyone's alternative.

There's gas nearby at Foresthill Road when we leave there and head our separate ways.

[SIZE=12pt]Length:[/SIZE]

My Mapsource has this at 232 miles/4:21 riding time. Add in the rest stops and photo opportunities (A group shot at lunch and Bassett's with an open space for our missing Tyler sounds good!) plus lunch and this could well be a full day's entertainment. For instance, it's 350+ miles, portal to portal for me.

[SIZE=12pt]The Semi-Official List of Miscreants and Hooligans:[/SIZE] .. :yahoo: ..

Anthony

bikeman9 (Roy)

Dave Migliore & Susan

Bluestreeks (Steve & Cyndi)

feegers (Al & Lisa)

FJRobs (Rob & Terri) [SIZE=8pt]IF Terri goes "easy" on the blended adult-beverages tonight![/SIZE] :dribble:

Gfran (Gary & Cindy)

Hycles (Mike & Terri)

LastChance (Loren)....maybe!?!?!? :blink:

madmike2

OneRider (per feeger)

Ric in Sacs (Rick & Karen) (THEY'LL BE THERE!!!!!) :yahoo:

Rock'nFJR

Rogdeb (Roger & Debs) Changing one's mind is acceptable in this case! ;)

Rsvlfeej [SIZE=8pt](Yaaayyyy, Patrick is coming out to play!)[/SIZE]

Silverado Slicks (Charles & Catherine)

weekend rider (Bob)

BTW: Lisa, feeger's S.O., has a friend who would like to come along and ride pillion if there's anyone who wouldn't mind an attractive pillion/"seat candy". Just asking? :unknw: :swoon:

[SIZE=8pt]We have a victim..er..volunteer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Formally excused because of other duties and plans:[/SIZE] :(

Barb

Dr. Rich & Susan

Highlanders (Dave & Di)

HuskyRider (Dom & Terrie)

James Burleigh (Hans)

Jrews (John and Jan)

Nightshine (Sam)

RaceVee

SacramentoMike

Silent

Tyler

Uberkuls (Brad & Christy)

Zac

[SIZE=12pt]Possible, On-The-Fence, Undecided, Haven't Heard About It:[/SIZE] :unsure:

BOKERFORK....how could I forget Mark and Anne Marie? :huh:

exskibums (Rich & Judy)

REALLY Old Michael (Who knows? [SIZE=8pt]If there was a way to give him a 20 minute notice.......)[/SIZE]

Who've I missed so I can hound and embarrass them equally? :dribble:

C'mon folks, you have an entire week to decide, unlike OM's rides where you get 20 minutes notice. :bleh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have yet to do the entire Feather River ride, just from 70/89 on.

Have fun guys & gals, beautiful area and roads. ;)

Brother Mike: Really wish I was closer to go on the ride with you fine folks. I'm a train buff, both actual current running and historically prominent American railroads; and model railroading. I've been collecting Western Pacific rolling stock in Lionel O Gauge and American Flyer S Gauge for years with plans to build my Son Seth large layouts in our new larger house.

Looking forward to Ride Report on this trip. The Feather River Canyon Route made the Western Pacific a famous RR entity!!

Weather Forecast:

Quincy...72

Downieville...71

Grass Valley...87

Auburn...86

Sacramento Area...90s

It looks like it's going to be a perfect day to be riding in the mountains enjoying winding roads, lovely scenery, tasty meals and wonderful friends. :yahoo:

Then returning to the valley in the early evening when the temperature is dropping. :thumbsup:

...We will be stopping ... for a short break/stretch ...
[SIZE=18pt]Or[/SIZE]

The "Madmike has an itchy!" stop :blink: .

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

Well you an count me in it hs been a while since I have been on the bike but it is a go for me
See you at the Chevron Time ? tba
Time has been edited!

Meet at Lakeview Chevron in Marysville @ 0930.

Kickstands up @ 1000.

[SIZE=8pt]Maybe, possibly, perhaps, in-your-dreams, just guessing.....[/SIZE]

Darn, I wish we could make this one, but we're moving my son into his new to him very first house that day. Next time!

John & Jan

Darn, I wish we could make this one, but we're moving my son into his new to him very first house that day. Next time!
John & Jan
Sorry, John, we'll miss you and Jan. Great news and reason to be busy elsewhere.

There has been some PM chatter about meeting someplace in Sac and traveling as a group to Marysville.

May I suggest the Chevron on Del Paso Rd. (North of Arco Arena). It's about 1 block in on the right, across the street from the Safeway. There's a Starbucks on the right before you get to the Chevron.

It's at a signal so getting back on the roadway would be easy and it is an easy on ramp to I-5 just before the Hwy 99 split. It's about 1/2 hour from the Marysville meet place so the time would have to be set accordingly. Like met @ 0845 and leave by 0900?

Any takers?

Dave & Susan? Bob? Anyone else? Al & Lisa?

see you in Marysville.
Gary :yahoo:
Your name has been moved to the "attending" list.

BTW, anyone interested in meeting beforehand.....

There has been some PM chatter about meeting someplace in Sac and traveling as a group to Marysville.
May I suggest the Chevron on Del Paso Rd. (North of Arco Arena). It's about 1 block in on the right, across the street from the Safeway. There's a Starbucks on the right before you get to the Chevron.

It's at a signal so getting back on the roadway would be easy and it is an easy on ramp to I-5 just before the Hwy 99 split. It's about 1/2 hour from the Marysville meet place so the time would have to be set accordingly. Like met @ 0845 and leave by 0900?

Any takers?

Mike & Teri? Roger & Debs?

[SIZE=8pt]"I didn't know they were coming."[/SIZE]"They're not!"

"Then why did you mention their names?"

"Because I'm hoping they will come along at the last moment."

"You're an idjit, y'know?"

"Yes, but I have fun entertaining myself!"
You all are jealous because I'm the only one who hears the voices! :blink:

Any takers?

Lisa and I will met you at the Chevron on Del Paso Rd.

Getting the seat done on the XS on Saturday. Guess I'll toss in an official "Have fun without me"

Terri and I will see you at the Cheveron near Arco Arena.

We will be there for Kick Stands Up at 9:00 am Saturday, August 15, 2009. :clapping: