Filipinos LOVE the FJR!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbvolfan

Reaction score
So I am leaving work today and it's getting kind of dark and I notice this girl in her early 20's getting out of a minivan in our parking lot and running about halfway to me, turn around and hop back in the van.

I continue to hook up my gerbing gloves and notice she gets back out, runs over and she asks me if it is OK to take a pic of my bike. I am like sure, go ahead. She turns around and I kid you not its like watching the clowns at the circus pile out of the car. No fewer than 10 people file out of this van and come over to me and start bombarding me with Q's on the bike while they circle it like I do a concept car at the Auto Show.

Who makes it?

How many are in Lexington?

Do they sell them around the world?

How fast will it go?

yada, yada, tada.

Then they all start lining up to take pics of each other in front of it and two big group pics with me in it. This goes on for like 10 minutes.

Turns out that they are in town for four months learning the engineering jobs we have been outsourcing to Cubu for 2+ years now. There are quite a few young engineers from the Phillipines here as well as China as we transition our jobs out.

Anyway, they were in love with the bike and even though it is likely that one of them (or two) may end up taking my job in the near future, it really makes you appreciate what you have. What I take for granted as a ride home every day was something out of this world to them.

C'mon dude.

20 year old Filipino girls shouting "Me luv yo effjayaah long time" , and your not sharing the pics! :hyper:

Wild, was that a racist comment? For all you know, they were just LBFM's - Lifelong Big Fans of Motorcycles!