Finally, I'm in!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings to ya FJayR!. If you ever ride over towards Lexington give me a pm and we'll do a little riding up in Red River Gorge. I just picked up an 06 from another forum member and like you, can't wait for winter to be over.

Congrats on your new ride!!

Am in the process of ordering the Powerlet but the two options for a side mount both appear to be next to the key hole for the seat lock. Looks like a clean installation there. Is this the location you're referring to or is there another option? (I'm aware of the options for a top mount but would rather have it on the side)

Thanks!!

BTW - it got all the way up to 40 today so I had to go for a short ride!
I have my powerlet mounted next to the seat lock. Works fine for my heated liner. I pull the cord between my legs and plug in before I mount the bike. It's possible to plug in after getting on the bike, but it's hard to see the hole from that position and my powerlet has a spring loaded cap on it that's a little hard to manipulate one handed while trying to get the plug in. Maybe if I put some hair around the hole, it'll be easier to find? :p

BTW, I also mounted another powerlet on the other side for the wife to eventually plug her "not yet obtained" heated liner in.
My powerlet is also next to the seat lock, my vest has the connector on the left hip (I think most do), so it's a short reach to that point. Plus, I got used to that location from my old BMW K1200 RS.
Brings up another question --My last bike was also a BMW. Will my BMW heated vest and its BMW style plug work on the powerlet? That would be sweet. I'm used to it there also and will mount it by the seat lock. THANKS!

Greetings to ya FJayR!. If you ever ride over towards Lexington give me a pm and we'll do a little riding up in Red River Gorge. I just picked up an 06 from another forum member and like you, can't wait for winter to be over.

Congrats on your new ride!!
The Gorge is one of my favorite places to ride. I'll holler at you, and you do the same when you're ready to ride. Come on warm weather!!!!!

Brings up another question --My last bike was also a BMW. Will my BMW heated vest and its BMW style plug work on the powerlet? That would be sweet. I'm used to it there also and will mount it by the seat lock. THANKS!
The BMW plug is a powerlet, so assuming you add that style socket to your FJR then it'll work just fine. Here's what the BMW powerlet plug looks like:

Click here for Powerlet picture

This is a better plug than the cigarette lighter style and is what I used with my Aerostich heated liner.

The BMW plug is a powerlet, so assuming you add that style socket to your FJR then it'll work just fine. Here's what the BMW powerlet plug looks like:

Click here for Powerlet picture

This is a better plug than the cigarette lighter style and is what I used with my Aerostich heated liner.
Thanks Harald, that's what I have on both my vest and battery tender. Saves me a lot of trouble!! :yahoo: