Finally scored a 15ES - the deals are out there if you're patient

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No matter what the '16 turns out to be (especially color wise ) the 2015 owners will most assuredly, in a frenzy to relieve themselves of the horrendous buyers remorse they've been feeling,, create a wave (ripple) of used grey bikes, devaluing our glorious machines even further after getting them almost free when they were new. But wait,, there's not that much to get worried about,,, there were only about 6 grey ones sold in the U.S. ( as opposed to the countless thousands of red heads).

Well I do miss the dead red 2014 but I really don't mind the stealth of the 2015. The 2014 was a cop magnet around here.

I guess I bought one of the 6. Was on the floor at Romney cycles for 8 months patiently waiting for me. ES out the door for 13750.00

I have no remorse about the 2016 (yet) I lurve the genIII fiercely and really never miss a sixth gear (yet?).

Well I do miss the dead red 2014 but I really don't mind the stealth of the 2015. The 2014 was a cop magnet around here.
I guess I bought one of the 6. Was on the floor at Romney cycles for 8 months patiently waiting for me. ES out the door for 13750.00

I have no remorse about the 2016 (yet) I lurve the genIII fiercely and really never miss a sixth gear (yet?).
Was that a zero mile new 15 es OTD for $13,750?

Geez, I have been trying here to get one for $15,500 OTD and they won't budge from the $16,100 they insist it is worth.

I called them about that bike...the guy said it is gone, but they had one at another location in Port Clinton for $12999.00 +tax and fees. Also found one 10 miles from my home, for $13321.00 +tax and fees. So the deals are starting to show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude. You got a smoking deal. But the color is the reason. Pretty much have to give them away. Hell in 5 years the Candy Red of 2014 won't be down to that price. But I'd still ride with you, albeit at a distance, but................
Give them away? Give them away you say? Really? My salesman robbed me so badly that he did not have to sell another bike for 4 months. Which was good because he was so inept that he was lucky to sell anything.
uhoh.gif

Honestly, my salesman was (and is) awesome. He had me over a barrel and he knew it but he did not take advantage of that fact. I called him the day the '15s were announced and asked him to order me one. At that time he could not order one yet but he did so as soon as Yamaha let him. I still left the dealership feeling like I was treated with respect. For me the '15 ES was worth every penny I paid and the fact that the salesman was a trusted friend made the entire transaction even more special.

And to answer the "invisibility" question, LEOs have no problem seeing it but apparently birds cannot see it. I have struck more birds in the 12 months I have owned the Liquid Graphite FJR than in all the rest of my riding years combined.
Interesting to hear someone comment on hitting a lot of birds. I've been riding motorcycles off and on for over 50 years and only recall hitting two birds. Do you spend a lot of time riding in bird sanctuaries??

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to hear someone comment on hitting a lot of birds. I've been riding motorcycles off and on for over 50 years and only recall hitting two birds. Do you spend a lot of time riding in bird sanctuaries??
No.

In fact, I do not get to spend a lot of time riding period. In the time I have owned the 2015 Liquid Graphite ES I have suffered bird strikes in Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arkansas, Utah and Colorado. I have had many more near misses. I do not recall but two or three bird strikes in all my driving and riding years prior to this. My Dad sees most of these while he is riding behind me and at first it was kind of a joke. It has happened so often now that we no longer find it funny. Pop swears it is because of the color and I have no counter argument.

Pop has called my '15 ES "Stealthy" since he first saw it. Fred W calls it "AssFault Gray". At any rate, I am certain that the dark gray color contributes to the high ratio of bird strikes. Well, that and the fact that I am the one riding it. If it is something strange and bad that could only happen to one in a million... It will happen to me.

So you replaced RainCloudFollows with ManyBirdFinalFlight?
biggrin.png
Not sure which one I'd prefer.

I rode with this girl once and prior to the ride she warned me "Just so you know, seems like every time I go out riding with someone, they hit a bird...not sure why, but they do." Yea, my one and only bird strike in sixteen years of riding happened that day. I even saw it coming, he was flying perpendicular to the road and flew right in front of me, bouncing off my head light. I turned and looked back at her to see if she saw it and she just shrugged her shoulders. Crazy.

Pop has called my '15 ES "Stealthy" since he first saw it. Fred W calls it "AssFault Gray".
I think that nasty '15 color should be called "As Butt Ugly and Portly as Redfish Hunter's Wife" gray..............

JSNS

You're welcome.
Just so you know, my FJR weighs at least two hundred pounds less than my wife and my wife is much uglier. How dare you insult my FJR like that?

Also, it is NOT cool for an admin type to try luring me into an off-topic split.

I still think my Liquid Graphite is one of the most striking colors ever applied to a motorcycle. I agree that the '15 is not for everyone but it sure excites me. Of course, anyone who has met Mrs. Redfish knows that good looks are not a requirement for my affections.
uhoh.gif

Was that a zero mile new 15 es OTD for $13,750?

Geez, I have been trying here to get one for $15,500 OTD and they won't budge from the $16,100 they insist it is worth.
yup it was - found it on cycle trader- one just like it in PA, near Pittsburg.

Pop has called my '15 ES "Stealthy" since he first saw it. Fred W calls it "AssFault Gray".
I think that nasty '15 color should be called "As Butt Ugly and Portly as Redfish Hunter's Wife" gray..............

JSNS

You're welcome.
Just so you know, my FJR weighs at least two hundred pounds less than my wife and my wife is much uglier. How dare you insult my FJR like that?

Also, it is NOT cool for an admin type to try luring me into an off-topic split.

I still think my Liquid Graphite is one of the most striking colors ever applied to a motorcycle. I agree that the '15 is not for everyone but it sure excites me. Of course, anyone who has met Mrs. Redfish knows that good looks are not a requirement for my affections.
uhoh.gif
I think the Liquid Graphite is very striking also, and while I usually like red bikes, I'm not big on that lipstick pink/red.... if that is Mrs. Redfish's colour, then I see why you went for the Graphite.

uhoh.gif
RfH, you should have stopped when you were ahead!

Come to think of it, I had two bird strikes this summer on my wonderful stealthy AFG '15. Hmmm...

--G

I really enjoy my 05 FJR in the blue, however I will have a 2015 ES in the my absolute favorite color, grey. Grey and Black are my most favorite, but that 15 is da bomb. I guess that is why they offer different colors. I have told Allen_C that I will have me a 2015 in 2017 once I have reduced my debt enough!

Well, you can contact me in 2017. I might be willing to sell my '15 by then. For an even $30,000. Yeah, it is worth that to me. I love this bike.

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging comments (and even the detractors).
I can appreciate the beauty of the Lipstick Red, but it's not "me." The putrid AssFault Gray fits my personality better (what does that say about my personality?). I do think the bike will be more difficult to spot from a police helicopter.

Not that I would do anything unlawful, of course...
winksmiley02.gif
I am getting the Ferrari Red one in two weeks but I have to say the Liquid Graphite A model does have some class...a bit more blue in it and I could have bought one in Moses Lk Wa and Prosser WA for $15k OTD and that is with the 9 percent WA sales tax.... Its fun to get on cycletrader and see how many of each are left in the country for sale.....