First Post Farkle Frenzy Ride!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dale Walker Holeshot Header System has a whole different sound than the D&D's I'm used to. Where the D's had that 4 cyl high pitched sound, the Holeshots sound like a Big Blk Chev, very very different from what I'm used to. Power wise it's hard to say now, first ride after having the bike strewn across the basement means taking it easy until whatever I forgot to tighten reveals itself ;) But, with the HS map loaded in the PC, there was absolutely no surge, lurch or lag-throttle was right on with instant response and wonderful torque. As usual. Trouble with doing this is I have to rely on memory as to how Frank ran before all this compared to now. It is also 37 degrees out, which has it's own effect on how the bike runs. But so far, so good. After having sat for over 4 months, Frank started after 3 turns of the starter, as usual. It pays to pickle. The suspension? It's been said many times here, so I'll just add my "yes, it's worth it" to the kudos. Still need to set things just right, but the Wilbers sorts out pavement irregularities that used to upset the equilibrium, what was once rough is now, well, just more road. Pretty cool. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm, I think I remember saying a couple weeks back that you would be riding about now ;) 37 degrees isn't all that bad--I almost got killed Monday on my way to work and it was about 40 degrees at the time. Woulda kept my body good and cool for the coroner/autopsy <_<

...first ride after having the bike strewn across the basement means taking it easy until whatever I forgot to tighten reveals itself ...
Judging by the leftover bolts and such languishing about your cellar floor as shown in your various piccie posts, I'm surprised Frank (what hetero male would name a bike a guy's name, you gay sum' bitch!) didn't belch your sorry man-boob ass off the saddle on the first turn out your driveway... :aacute:

Hey Radman

Now that you have installed these farkles, Can you do a write up for the header plus cans, with pictures.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
First Post Farkle Frenzy Ride!, Wilbers,SuperBrace,Header/ExhaustWas real nice.  Real, real nice. ;)
And that, friends, is why he won't be showing up at WFO. Selfish prick. :fuck:

First Post Farkle Frenzy Ride!, Wilbers,SuperBrace,Header/ExhaustWas real nice.  Real, real nice. ;)
And that, friends, is why he won't be showing up at WFO. Selfish prick. :fuck:
Oh, I wouldn't say that. He is, afterall, doing us a favor by not showing as I heard that he prefers to arrivie Godiva style - and from what I can tell, that ain't gonna be a pretty sight! :blink: