Ebay special Kawai H2SXSE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earlofcrankcase

Reaction score
A 2nd gen with 5480 mi for $5000.00 "buy it now"
There's also another Ebay quandary. A 2018 Kawasaki H2SXSE for $14500.00 that ends in less than 2 days. Yes, this is an FJR forum so feel free.
Kawasaki's version of a comfortable handful of throttle does have it's call. Still, I've already had my FJR's weight and speed through some of those times where you get real religious real fast. I think most of us appreciate Yamaha's choice of leaning more towards practicality than going for top horsepower trophies. True, HP is just like money. Some can never have enough of either. Me, the main thing I'd like to see here is if somebody ends up doing a ride through the mountains home without having to make the boring part of the drive out there.

Gen-II with 5480 miles? They don't like it very much do they? I wouldn't even know how to treat a bike that sat that long. Has it even needed tires?

I'll tell you this, though, I bought my '03 for that money back in 2007, with 47,000 on it. Make of those facts what you will.

I bought my 2007 3? years ago with 16K on it for 4K
Seems like a reasonable price, but it needs to be gone through since all it has done is sit.

My first FJR was a 2009. I bought it in February of 2018 with 18K mi on it. It had a few farkles on it already. A Backup rider backrest, Garauld highway pegs, Helibars Handlebar riser bridge and a DynoJet Power Command 5 that had been dynoed. I paid $5400USD for it and felt I got a good deal at the time. I sold that one in 2019 with a little over 32K mi on it for $6000. I bought my current 2016 FJR1300ES in May of 2019 for $10,000USD with 6,400mi on it. It was nicely farkled with the Yamaha Touring windshield, T-Rex engine cages, Cox radiator screen, Pyramid front fender extension and a set of Two Brothers stainless shorty mufflers (for when I want to make some noise). I'm pretty sure, when my time's up, I'll be buried on this one.

Relax brethren. Yes the opportunity to ride one back from Utah for a profit is gone but the profit wasn't that big. (my bet) I also bet the $4200.00 sale was most likely an agreement made to put a hold on the 28 day listing. While a buyer smart enough to contact the guy, flew out there and completed the payment part of the "buy it now" on sight. (not sight unseen) And then paid the other $800.00 in cash in person. But that's just conspiracy theory. Same as the one that ours are still worth what they were to us yesterday and there's no way in hell we would sell them that cheap.

There's also another Ebay quandary. A 2018 Kawasaki H2SXSE for $14500.00 that ends in less than 2 days. Yes, this is an FJR forum so feel free.
Kawasaki's version of a comfortable handful of throttle does have it's call.
This is almost entirely unrelated to your post. But can somebody explain to me why oh why in the world do they call/advertise the H2 as sport touring bike? Same with the Ninja 1000. It's just a liter bike.

This is almost entirely unrelated to your post. But can somebody explain to me why oh why in the world do they call/advertise the H2 as sport touring bike? Same with the Ninja 1000. It's just a liter bike.
Because you can order it with optional hard saddle bags and it weighs 591 lbs. Maybe it’s a hyper sports tourer. Too heavy to be called a sport bike.