First weeklong FJR trip w/wifey

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from a full day at Cumberland Falls State Park...hiked around the falls and other trails,6 miles total...up hill both ways. We then took a 3 hour swim break at the great outdoor pool at Cumberland Falls. Somewhere during the day, had a cold icecream cone to cool off with after heating up hiking. After swimming, we took in a supper at the lodge restaurant ending with a cherry cobler. For dessert, we rode KY 90 back to our motel in Somerset,KY. Louanne is getting some great on the bike photos,so this RR should be my best one. Tommorrow-on to Breaks Interstate Park!

Just got back from a full day at Cumberland Falls State Park...hiked around the falls and other trails,6 miles total...up hill both ways. We then took a 3 hour swim break at the great outdoor pool at Cumberland Falls. Somewhere during the day, had a cold icecream cone to cool off with after heating up hiking. After swimming, we took in a supper at the lodge restaurant ending with a cherry cobler. For dessert, we rode KY 90 back to our motel in Somerset,KY. Louanne is getting some great on the bike photos,so this RR should be my best one. Tommorrow-on to Breaks Interstate Park!
Sounds like a great time. Nice that your mixing in some outdoor activities and enjoying nature & the area instead of just non-stop riding from spot to spot.

7492.5 miles in 14 days 2-up. I don't guess Looanne is quite ready for that yet, but the FJR is definitely built for it. An Airhawk for the pillion doesn't hurt either! Glad to hear that you both are having fun. Definitely special.
Where be that mythical RR? ;)

Sounds like you two are having a blast...that's awesome! Enjoy Breaks...it's pretty nice.

Where be that mythical RR? ;)

I'm looking forward to this report as well. A lot of elements in play here... first extended 2 up ride with wifey first of all, new roads, new exploration mostly in an area I have yet to explore.

BTW - I try to tell people all the time just how difficult it is to keep up with a rolling RR. Especially after having laid in a long day in the saddle filled with miles and smiles. Between the photo downloads, conjuring up your thoughts and recapping them in a concise and intelligible fashion, I find it much easier to just put it together after returning from the trip. But it makes me appreciate it that much more the ones that are able to do it on the fly.

Keep it rollin' Wheatie, sounds like you guys are having a blast! :clapping:

Holed up at McDs near Charleston, WV waiting for a storm pass thru. Definitely will be doing aRR after we get home. Had some great riding today...now just gonna slab to Marietta fortheevening. Dang tablet!

Holed up at McDs near Charleston, WV waiting for a storm pass thru. Definitely will be doing aRR after we get home. Had some great riding today...now just gonna slab to Marietta fortheevening. Dang tablet!
Looking forward to the RR!

I just looked at the radar for the area your at and it looks wet all around. Oh, we just got a tablet and so far like it. What's wrong with a tablet?

Keep your passenger dry and take care.

The stalker... :ph34r:

Got into Caldwell,OH a little early today. Avoided some rain, but not all. Did a little "taste of the Ramble" today, with overcast and threatening skies...which is to say, like almost all the days of this trip. Louanne has been a trooper,and doesn't let rain...even a bunch, spoil her attitude. Last night,it was"Biker Night" at the Comfort Inn in Marietta...of course, our bedroomwas drectly above the bar so we got to deal with late night noise. Fortunately, we got out of there this am before the Rolling roadblock left. Louanne took a bunch of photos today. We ate at the Bealsville Diner for lunch..did you know that Bealsville,OH lost more soldier sons -per capita- during the Vietnam War than any other American City? Six of the local boys from a small OH town. After Bealsville, it Poured! So we bailed on the twisty roads and took the easy road to the barn. We ended up at Lori's Family Restaurant, where we split a piece of the house specialty- homemade chocolate peanut butter pie. Mmmm.

Great trip so far Wheatie!

The SO enjoyed her [cold] trip to Castlegar in June and got right into the groove of pillion paparazzi. Need a quicker camera though. FJR does make a decent two up mount...the pack lite lessons helped a little too! :)

Looking forward to the RR!!

--G

Well, last overnight of the trip. Trip has been a great one...seems like its been since our honeymoon 29 years ago that we spent a week alone together. What a great week it has been. Today was awesome! Rode 78 west with all its twisted views, then north of Zanesville Ohio 79 and 60-yahoo. We got into Amish country tourist mode and ate a late Amish buffet lunch, rode through the beautiful Amish farmland and took a tour of an Amish farm, house, school, and got a buggy ride at a good clip. On the way back to the motel, we took the back ways and even got some up hill and down hill gravel work in! :)

I think this trip has been a success so far...we have been talking about a fly and ride to the southwest next May maybe.

All we have to do is survive the long slog on the straight roads tomorrow back to Wheaton.

BTW - I try to tell people all the time just how difficult it is to keep up with a rolling RR. Especially after having laid in a long day in the saddle filled with miles and smiles. Between the photo downloads, conjuring up your thoughts and recapping them in a concise and intelligible fashion, I find it much easier to just put it together after returning from the trip. But it makes me appreciate it that much more the ones that are able to do it on the fly.
I have to do mine on the fly because being old I can't remember the details the next day.
to_become_senile.gif

Yep...the RR is coming on this one...in a few days. Louanne took a lot of photos! :clapping: She did a great job. Now I just have to put the trip story around them.

It was a great week...the first trip of many I hope. :yahoo: