FJR-Davidson. Anyone else?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-2

Reaction score
I've owned 3 Yamaha motorcycles and have never had bolts vibrate out. So why do I keep losing bolts off the FJR? First bolt to go was a tupperware bolt right next to the rear brake foot-lever. Second bolt to vibrate out was a bolt under the grab-handle to raise the bike onto the center stand. This week, my clutch lever almost fell off when the 6mm nut vanished and the pivot bolt worked it's way almost entirely out on the interstate in Tennesee!

I already scolded my dealer for missing the loose clutch since they serviced the bike 3 days before it almost fell off. I thought only Harley's lost parts like this?

I had the nut off the tank pivot disapear. That's why I always use Loctite blue on damn near everything, and tend to do my own services.

Last edited by a moderator:
The nut on the clutch leaver bolt is a nilock, odd it should fall off unless it was never there or was sooo loooose it was not even tightened to the nilon section.

Hm....harleyinated. that sucks. Previous owner to the scoot maybe? If not, stealership or mommayomma herself.

I really like my '06, but Yamaha needs to ask Honda how to make a counterbalancer work properly. <_<

I've owned 3 Yamaha motorcycles and have never had bolts vibrate out. So why do I keep losing bolts off the FJR? First bolt to go was a tupperware bolt right next to the rear brake foot-lever. Second bolt to vibrate out was a bolt under the grab-handle to raise the bike onto the center stand. This week, my clutch lever almost fell off when the 6mm nut vanished and the pivot bolt worked it's way almost entirely out on the interstate in Tennesee!
I already scolded my dealer for missing the loose clutch since they serviced the bike 3 days before it almost fell off. I thought only Harley's lost parts like this?

I found them, they were on my garage floor. :yahoo:

Wondered where those extra fasteners came from. Thanks.

LC