FJR@DTS Finally gets an FJR Woo-Hooo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR@DTS

Reaction score
:clapping:

FINALLY!!

I sold my V-Star 1100 Classic in 2004 in order to by an FJR after I realized, that I preferred LONG trips and wanted more comfort, power, ect. The problem is that I also just started seminary and moved the family to Dallas TX. So after paying schools bills and so fourth, I no longer had my bike money. I would visit here alot and read with excitement as the 2006 Bikes came out and people ordered them, and I tried to figure out how to make the finances work. Then I waited some more and got excited about the up-coming 2007 models and was pretty sure that I would not be able to swing one, so I went and looked at some used bikes, but then the Van needed work, and so the story goes.

Fast forward to Christmas 2007, the 08 Bikes are coming out and I'm working full time at school, my wife is working part time and there is a great guy here in Texas some of you have heard of, goes by the name of Tony O, or lotecredneck around this Forum. So I called him and the guys at Yamaha Sportscenter hooked me up with a Brand New 2007 FJR1300A!!

I'm a biker again :yahoo:

I felt like I had lost part of my identity with all my motorcycle gear in storage! I'm not sure people who don't ride realize what a stress relief and mental health benefit riding motorcycles is.

I can't express how excited I am. :clapping: I could not sleep last night and now, I just received an email with my vin and a pic of my bike about to be assembled!

Bike in Crate: https://picasaweb.google.com/mhow3ll/Decemb...027278939683714

Saturday, How am I ever going to make it to Saturday? At least I will have a 2 hour bike ride once I pick it up and its supposed to be in the low 80s here. :yahoo:

I guess Saturday, I'll be able to update my sig with my new Bike!!!

I'll let you all know how the ride home goes!!

FJR@DTS

Saturday, How am I ever going to make it to Saturday? At least I will have a 2 hour bike ride once I pick it up and its supposed to be in the low 80s here. :yahoo:
Well, since you've been waiting three years or so, I can't see how two more days can be all that bbad.

Order some farkles!

that is a very cool story dude!!! Now you have to come join us at Bone Daddy's on Sunday! Check out the thread in the TX section.

BTW, Tony rocks! Glad you found him. He makes some great deals for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good on you man. Nothing like waiting for a new bike to trigger insomnia. Congrats! :clapping:

Hey man, that's just awesome.. I am really happy for you and I love your excitement. There is no freedom like twisty riding although a deep fresh powder day is a close rival. Enjoy and be safe!

Thanks Guys (and Girls), I appreciate this group, and I will check out Bone-Daddy's, although Sundays are typically pretty busy around here as you can imagine. There is another FJR on campus here perhaps we can find the out of the way holes in the wall that have Really good mexican food, hope work is Ok with loooong lunches :rolleyes:

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your excitement! Something tells me the 2 hour ride won't be nearly long enough :yahoo:

you also just started seminary??? what is that? being from a catholic school,,, thats where priest's go. ( just a thought of a priest on a bike,,,that'd be cool)!

well any way, bring some duct tape.

slather it across your face,,, it stops the big grin from starting wrinkles!!!

Remember, no wheelie's or burn outs for a month, and take it easy on those concours & st's, dont want to hurt their ego

Congradulations enjoy that ride and ride a little longer for all of us currently in the deep freeze! I still smile thinking about my first time :D I mean the ride home from Chicago on my FJR!

:yahoo: [SIZE=12pt]CONGRATULATIONS![/SIZE] :yahoo:

Those of us who have suffered through the waiting during the PDP days can give you a bit of advice: You'd better have someone proofread whatever you write tomorrow. Methinks it could be theological gibberish....uhm...not that your mind will be wandering. :unsure:

you also just started seminary??? what is that? being from a catholic school,,, thats where priest's go.
Seminary: Not just for Priests. Also Rabbis and Ministers. Link to:Dallas Theo. Seminary

FJR@DTS,

Man, you sound just like a kid on Christmas Eve! I remember feeling the exact same way when my dealer called on Thursday to let me know my new '05 would be ready Saturday morning. I had been waiting since February.

At least the weather will allow you to get out and ride. I'm looking at the remains of a major snowstorm and temps in the teens. Prolly won't see grass again til spring. :cold:

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Charlie

DANG!!!!!!!!!!!

and I thought that waiting for Feb to get my '08 (self birthday present) was bad!!! I only made the decision to go FJR in the last few weeks or so. !

Congrats on the new ride!

Good for you!!!! I remember how excited I was when I was about to take delivery on my FJR (last summer). Have a ball and spend money on farkles :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

FINALLY!!

I sold my V-Star 1100 Classic in 2004 in order to by an FJR after I realized, that I preferred LONG trips and wanted more comfort, power, ect. The problem is that I also just started seminary and moved the family to Dallas TX. So after paying schools bills and so fourth, I no longer had my bike money. I would visit here alot and read with excitement as the 2006 Bikes came out and people ordered them, and I tried to figure out how to make the finances work. Then I waited some more and got excited about the up-coming 2007 models and was pretty sure that I would not be able to swing one, so I went and looked at some used bikes, but then the Van needed work, and so the story goes.

Fast forward to Christmas 2007, the 08 Bikes are coming out and I'm working full time at school, my wife is working part time and there is a great guy here in Texas some of you have heard of, goes by the name of Tony O, or lotecredneck around this Forum. So I called him and the guys at Yamaha Sportscenter hooked me up with a Brand New 2007 FJR1300A!!

I felt like I had lost part of my identity with all my motorcycle gear in storage! I'm not sure people who don't ride realize what a stress relief and mental health benefit riding motorcycles is.

I can't express how excited I am. :clapping: I could not sleep last night and now, I just received an email with my vin and a pic of my bike about to be assembled!

FJR@DTS
Congrats I just rejoined the fold myself.

FINALLY!!

FJR@DTS
Congratulations FJR@DTS,

My teacher @ FBE is a vice president @ Southwest Seminary in Ft. Worth, we need more people like you!

:good: Way to go! Now make sure you write in a couple of ride reports. Those northerners that are grounded through the winter need to know what they are missing!