FJR flying over Hurricane Mountain Road

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullit

Reaction score
Hey guys, check out the video I did riding my FJR through Hurricane Mountain Road in North Conway, New Hampshire. The bike actually leaves the ground a few times, plus multiple wheelies cresting hills! Video Here!

This was one stop of a 5000+ kilometer tour starting from Halifax, Nova Scotia, running through New Brunswick, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Ontario, right to Lake Huron. We (my wife and I two-up) mainly did back roads and had a great 2 week trip on the bike. The FJR performed flawlessly, it's now got almost 69,000kms on it and working fine!!

Great vid !- I did that road in the 80's on a GS850 [ which had the handling of a hippo]. You can't get the feel for the steepness of the road from the pics. About halfway down we stopped to held a guy drag his Ninja out of the trees. A little further down I came within a c-hair of doing the same when I met a Jeep coming up the center [is there a center ?] of the road.

Enjoyable Vid! Would have liked to be behind the Bars!

Too bad that I missed finding ya at PD13!! I'm a "semi-local", and was on the lookout for Feejers... Found FIVE of us...

Say, coming to the East Coast in the next number of days and would of course appreciate any "local" advice to add to the trip...

Maybe we can manage to hook up yet... Please drop a note if you're inclined. Just stumbled upon the Wharf Rat Rally about 48 hours ago, so I'm planning to get from here to there for that...

Maybe see ya there?!!

Scott

Enjoyable Vid! Would have liked to be behind the Bars!
Too bad that I missed finding ya at PD13!! I'm a "semi-local", and was on the lookout for Feejers... Found FIVE of us...

Say, coming to the East Coast in the next number of days and would of course appreciate any "local" advice to add to the trip...

Maybe we can manage to hook up yet... Please drop a note if you're inclined. Just stumbled upon the Wharf Rat Rally about 48 hours ago, so I'm planning to get from here to there for that...

Maybe see ya there?!!

Scott
Hey man! I did see a couple of FJR's there, I was parked down toward the pier, the bike got quite a bit of attention, to the dismay of my Harley riding friends ;-)

The Wharf Rat Rally is a good time, finding a hotel might be a chore, but worth doing. My friends and I aren't going this year, mostly due to price gouging by the hotel we've been staying at for 5 years now, they have almost doubled their rates, from $119.00 a night to $199.00!!

Anyway, we are heading to Cape Breton to party at my buddies cottage and ride the Cabot Trail, this is a must do for a motorcycle tour in Nova Scotia, you can ride the trail at speed in a few hours, or take all day and enjoy some scenic vistas, hikes and AMAZING!!! food along the way, all joined by some world-class roads.

Great vid !- I did that road in the 80's on a GS850 [ which had the handling of a hippo]. You can't get the feel for the steepness of the road from the pics. About halfway down we stopped to held a guy drag his Ninja out of the trees. A little further down I came within a c-hair of doing the same when I met a Jeep coming up the center [is there a center ?] of the road.
I was a bit disappointed with the video, because I thought it didn't show enough of how steep and twisty it actually is!

On one of my other runs over, I caught up to a young guy in a souped up VW going at a decent rate, his rear tires were off the ground a few times! It took me a little while to find my way by, but I showed him the ass end of a Feejer! He gave a honk and a wave at me at the bottom when I was waiting for my buddy on a cruiser. Ha ha!

Reminds me of Clinton Road up here in N. Jersey, which I rode just yesterday! :)
I may have to put that on my hit list for next year then!!