FJR for Casper Wyoming

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll see piles and piles of Goldwings out in Wyoming and Montana. When I was out road tripping at the Tetons and Glacier last summer, I was sincerely jealous of the FJR riders I saw along the way (I didn't own mine just yet).

You'll see piles and piles of Goldwings out in Wyoming and Montana.
Does the wind just blow them in to giant two-wheeled drifts? Wing-banks? The riders don't go back and collect them?
Maybe I can find some spare parts on my way through in June.
smile.png

Yeah, I have a 77 that I've been slowly rebuilding. I meant to look for parts while I was out there; there has to be a ton of Goldwing "junk" floating around in random roadside junk shops.

Huh... We took a trip through WY and MT this past summer and I never noticed that many Old Wings around. Many more cruiser style bikes, mostly HDs. Very few ST bikes or ADV Touring bikes except those (like ours) with out of state plates.

Last edited by a moderator:
With apologies to Bob Dylan....

Yes, how many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky ?
Yes, how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry ?
Yes, how many get-offs will it take till he knows
That too many Wings have died ?
The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.​

Just catching up. I am just north of you in Bozeman MT. I have ridden (and driven) LOTS of roads between my place and yours. My BMW riding "partner in Long distance riding crime" lives in Powell Wyoming. My son plays Travel hockey, so we head all over Wyoming, Idaho, Washington, and Montana all winter.

Absolutely, positively, would love to meet up some time and/or chat about roads. (BIG SKY RALLY, August 7th.. www.thebigskyrally.com)

Beartooth Pass, Chief Joseph, Yellowstone (when there aren't too many picture taking folks), Bighorn National Forest. Thermopolis, especially from the south through Wind River Canyon. Some pretty excellent places within a weekend's ride.

Last edited by a moderator: