FJR Forum Rides Again to Old Mexico; On Road Motos!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was thinking I would go on this. Your post made me look at my passport and it expires this month. So it's a good thing you posted or I wouldn't of even thought about it until it was to late.
Don't forget to look at your current US Passport expiration date! Our fellow Sonora Estado, Mexico riding friend Jerry Z just looked at his after reading my passport post and realized that his US Passport will expire before we cross the border!

https://travel.state.gov/passport/hurry/hurry_831.html Bump Reminder: 4 weeks from today the FJR Forum crosses into Sonora, Mexico for fun on the beautiful beaches of San Carlos and the scenic solitude of Banamichi. Note: If you do not have a US Passport, you can still get one in time if you act before this coming Monday, 3/7. Just follow the instructions on this link and you'll have your passport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget to say Hi to Jan (owner) for me at San Carlos Marina Barracuda Bob's!

Ralph

Man, I wish I were on some of these rides...

Especially a dual sport ride thru Copper Canyon area.
Hola Ralph, We will definitely stop in at Barracuda Bob's and say Hi to Jan, great stop for las Bebidas y snacks! I am definitely up for another dual sport ride thru Copper Canyon area. I will be with Bill F. - yamafitter at CFR in June and we will start planning our next Los Barrancas del Cobre Trek!

I am going to see Skip Mascorro next month here in Phoenix, Skip is the Owner of Moto Discovery/Pancho Villa Moto Tours; he is here on business, I am taking him to lunch. I am going to work with Skip to get a discounted rate for their Carnaval en Veracruz Mexico Tour next Spring. I will post all the details here, muy pronto!

Veracruz Carnaval-Veracruz Lives for Carnaval

Article by: © Bob Brooke 2011

The air hangs heavy any time of year in Veracruz, Mexico's hot and sultry principal port city. But the hearts of Jarochos, as the people of the city are known, are light, for winter means Carnaval, the wildest pre-Lenten celebration north of Rio.

Mardi Gras in Veracruz-called Carnaval in Mexico-is the holiday celebrated as a festival of the libido before the Catholic period of Lent. Beginning every year nine days before Lent, Carnaval is exuberantly enjoyed with parades, floats, costumes, music, dancing, and all-night partying. The city of Veracruz virtually shuts down during the event as thousands of visitors from throughout Mexico descend on it to join the festivities. Visitors pack the streets and hotels, those without rooms live out of their cars.

Though many centuries old, the idea of parades during Carnaval began in 1866, during the reign of Emperor Maxmillian. Carnaval, as it exists today, has been held without interruption since 1923.

Veracruz Carnaval, like many of its fellow Latin American Carnavals, has merged church, state and the collective will of the people into unique annual traditions that preserve the past while looking forward to the future. Five hundred years ago, the Venetians demonstrated how this could be done within the constraints of church oversight. They invented the word Carnevale-from the Latin roots carne meaning flesh and valle meaning farewell. Veracruz's Carnaval has a soul as old as the Olmecs and as new as the flowers sold by the Indian women in the Verazruz's Plaza de Armas-or as it is commonly known, the zocalo.

Anticipation builds in the days before Carnaval as Jarochos make preparations for the important Zocalo opening ceremony Quema del Mal Humor or The Burning of Bad Humor in which there's an enthusiastic pursuit, persecution and burning of the satanic personages identified as Mal Humor or bad mood. Once caught and tried, Mal Humor is buried so that all may sing and dance in the streets to infectious Caribbean/Spanish rhythms, fanciful costumes and masks. Until the adult grand parade on Saturday night, the coronation of the Queen takes place. The Queen is Carnaval's most important personage. She then crowns El Rey Feo or the Ugly King three days before Lent. There's also a children's parade. Carnaval concludes many parades later on Ash Wednesday with the last courtship and Funeral of Juan Carnaval, the most lavish of all parades.

The parades feature hundreds of beautiful, scantily clad women shaking to Latin dance rhythms on some pretty large floats featuring beer and soda company props. Jarochos create these fantastic floats, known as carros alegóricos or allegorical cars, with true Mexican flair using bright colors, papier mâché figures, large flowers, and live entertainment. It's not unusual to see costumed drag queens parading alongside women in sparkling dresses.

While the floats in the parades don't change that much, a Carnavelgoer needs to experience at least one of the four spectacular night parades where the water, lights, rhythms and interaction between the crowd and dancers gives back as much energy as a visitor wants to put into the potent mix.

On the Sunday before Ash Wednesday, the longest and most lavish of the Carnaval parades takes place along the Malecon, or seaside promenade. Parades on other days are scaled-down versions of this one.

Jarochos are friendly and eager to explain their special feeling for their home. Their deep attraction for their alluring yet intangible city soul can best be felt at the zocalo. Year round, people sit in cafes drinking and chatting until all hours while listening to haunting strains of marimba music which echoes off the historic buildings and tall trees. Throughout the heightened atmosphere of Carnaval, the zocalo is the scene of many free events on the main stage, which begin daily around noon, while dozens of street musicians perform at the perimeters. It's also the location for the two ritual dramas that open and close the Carnaval, as well as fireworks displays. Indians, who've walked a day's journey from their villages, spread their handicrafts on blankets on the nearby sidewalks.

More than any other activity, visitors to Veracruz during Carnaval shouldn't miss the chance to dance at the zocalo alongside many other excellent Jarocho couples. Salsa, cumbia, reggae, and marimba are popular but Jarochos hold a special place in their hearts for the music and dance known as Danzón, which first arrived from Cuba in 1880. Danzon is a graceful almost ritualistic couples dance with a warmth and natural cadence that speaks volumes about Veracruzano culture. It gave birth to "La Bamba" and in 1992 erected a museum to the great pre- World War II musician, Agustín Lara, whose 1936 hit song "Veracruz" is the sentimental anthem of the city and a good Danzón number as well.

Lovers of dance have their day in Veracruz at Carnaval time. Dance groups from nearby villages don their peacock and pheasant-feathered headdresses in preparation for the dances they'll perform during the festivities. But the most exciting parts of the Carnaval are the costumed bailes tropicales groups who dance to salsa rhythms with such amazing grace and precision. Their wild but elegant costumes are a perfect complement to the joyful rhythmic dances they perform for enthusiastic crowds. The groups have several dance songs they learn for the season and have perfected how to execute them while moving forward in the desfile or parade.

Veracruz Carnaval is the home of the world's largest temporary stadium holding the greatest paid annual attendance. Latin America's most spectacular non-Brazilian Carnaval doesn't officially claim this title, but the total official estimated paid attendance for six parades beginning on Carnaval Saturday is $3,000,000. No other parade or Carnaval comes close to what the historic Port of Veracruz does.

The seating set up, like exclusive sky boxes in a stadium, promotes lots of socializing among friends and relatives who know they can leave or arrive late and not lose their coveted position. Hundreds of long-time licensees put up more than double the 200,000 seats erected for Southern California's New Years Day Rose Bowl Parade. A Carnaval spectator gets to enjoy countless Carnaval groups including over 50-plus bailes tropicales and three samba bands.

Many visitors pass on the sold out parades although tickets can be easily obtained at local hotels that have a political connection. Instead, they immerse themselves in the rhythms of one the America's oldest Carnaval cities. Veracruz is where Cortez, the Spanish conqueror of the powerful Aztecs, burned his ships in 1519 to give his men no other option than to go forth in their quest to conquer the Aztec rulers in Mexico City. The fierce local Toltec nation was at war with the Aztecs and agreed to an alliance with the conquistador.

And when they aren't dancing, Jarochos eat some of the best seafood in Mexico. There's nothing like sitting on the banks of the Jamapa River, at Boca del Rio, south of town, and enjoying succulent grilled Huachanango (red snapper) at bargain prices. And there are plenty of hotel rooms in the city for less than $60 per night. During Carnaval, however, the city's hotels, like the Imperial Hotel on the zocalo, sell out, so visitors should be sure to have reservation confirmations in writing to avoid unpleasant surprises at check-in. Or for a bit more, rooms can be had in the resort area of Boca del Rio.

By Ash Wednesday, Carnaval is over, but the lilting rhythms of marimba and Danzon remain on the zocalo until next year.

Check out Bob Brooke's wonderful sites featuring more of his writing and phootography at https://www.bobbrooke.com, https://www.therealmexico.com and https://www.allscandinavia.com. All three are updated regularly.

BUMP REMINDER: Two weeks from now FJR Forum is riding into Mexico, if you are only going with us to San Carlos, then all that is required of you is your valid passport and Mexican Insurance on your motocicleta from https://www.mexpro.com If you need any additional information on this trip, contact Don Stanley at either [email protected] or Cell: 480-440-4666

However, if you are going on with the main group to Banamichi, you will need a Mexican Vehicle Import Permit and a Mexican Tourist permit. If so, please read the following information carefully. In particular, if your moto is financed, you will need a Release Letter authorizing and approving your bringing the vehicle into Mexico. I have had motorcycles financed with both BMW Financial Credit and Harley-Davidson Services, no big deal getting this Release Letter from either of these lending institutions: But I recommend you request this item now, DO NOT WAIT!

Vehicle Permits & Banjercito: Vehicle Permits for Mexico

https://www.banjercito.com.mx/site/siteBanjer/Bicentenario/iitv/instruccionesIITV_ing.html

FAQs About How to Import Your Vehicle at Banjercito

Banjercito - Mexico's Banco Nacional del Ejército Fuerza Aérea y Armada - is the government authority who issues vehicle permits.

NO VEHICLE IMPORT PERMIT IS NECESSARY TO DRIVE IN THE ENTIRE BAJA PENINSULA OR ROCKY POINT.

Vehicle import permits are needed if you travel outside of Baja or outside the border zones (generally further than 16 miles from the border) or outside the permit-free zones of Sonora.

Looking for a Sonora Only permit? Read our article: Sonora Only Vehicle Permits

Vehicle permits may be obtained thru Banjercito's online process, at a Banjercito office at the border or at certain Mexican Consulates (listed below).

Don't forget your Mexican insurance policy.

Need a Mexican Vehicle Permit? Get One Online at Banjercito!

Banjercito's online vehicle permit registration offers travelers to Mexico an easy way to get their temporary importation vehicle permit by mail (if time allows) or to pre-register online and save time picking it up at Banjercito later.

Features of pre-registration:

Vehicles, motorhomes and boats may be pre-registered

Accelerates the process of picking up your permit at a Banjercito office

This feature may be used up until the day before you go to Mexico

A pre-registration code will be issued for you to take to a Banjercito office

Bring all required documentation so it can be verified

After your trip, remember to return with the vehicle to the Banjercito office to return the permit

Features of completing the entire process and payment online:

Available for vehicles, motorhomes and boats

May be mailed to you by FedEx or another courier service

May be completed as far as 60 days in advance

Requires at least 7-10 days lead time before your trip

After your trip, remember to return with the vehicle to the Banjercito office to return the permit

Access Banjercito's online application directly

Do I need a vehicle permit to drive in Baja and the border zones?

No permit is required if you plan to stay within 25 kilometers (16 miles) of the border, known as the "border zone", or anywhere in the Baja California peninsula.

Do I need a vehicle permit to visit Sonora?

Maybe. If you are visiting Rocky Point, Guaymas, San Carlos, Hermosillo, Bahia de Kino, Caborca, Father Kino Missions, Magdalena and Santa Ana you will not need a vehicle permit. If you are visiting other cities that are further south or east of the 15, but will stay in Sonora, you qualify for the Sonora Only permit.

What about to drive in the rest of Mexico?

If you plan to drive south of the border zone, or outside of the Sonora permit-free area or outside Baja (to some destinations reached by ferry), you must obtain a temporary importation vehicle permit online, at the border, or from certain Mexican consulates (read below).

How much does a vehicle permit cost?

Fees for a vehicle permit in $USD, including IVA are:

$29.70 at Banjercito offices at the border

$39.60 from Mexican consulates

$49.50 from the Banjercito website

How much does a vehicle permit cost for a recreational vehicle (RV)?

Fees in $USD, including IVA are:

$51.75 at Banjercito offices at the border

$49.50 from Mexican consulates

How much does a permit cost to import a boat?

Fees in $USD, including IVA are:

$51.75 at Banjercito offices at the border

$49.50 from Mexican consulates

If I am making payments on my vehicle, what do I need in order to take my vehicle to Mexico?

Many banks and finance companies require you to take a letter of permission with you to Mexico. In order to issue the letter of permission, many companies will require proof of Mexican insurance first. Contact your bank or finance company for further information. Buy your policy online instantly.

Is it easy to send my policy to my bank or finance company?

Yes. If you purchase your policy online, you will have immediate access to your policy and may fax it through our system to your bank or email the policy in pdf format. Please call us at 1-888-552-2252 or email us if you would like assistance. We will need the fax number or email address of your bank and any other information that will help us get it to the correct department or person.

What information do I need to get a vehicle permit online?

A document that proves your citizenship (you will need to enter the document number):

Passport or passport card

Certificate of naturalization

Resident alien card

Date you will enter Mexico

Email address - Will be used to send a confirmation email with a reference number

Number of passengers in your vehicle

Address - This is the address the permit will be mailed to

Your vehicle's VIN number

Credit or debit card that allows foreign transactions

*Note: To apply for a vehicle permit online, you cannot use a birth certificate as proof of citizenship, but this is accepted if you apply in person.

If I pre-register, where do I pick up my vehicle permit?

Pre-registered vehicle permits may be picked up at any Banjercito Module located at the border. See below for a list of locations.

If I pre-register, what documents do I need to bring with me to pick up my permit?

The documents you used to complete the online application will be required to pick up your permit (bring a copy or two along). These documents could include your passport or passport card and vehicle registration or title. Remember to bring your pre-registration code. If you need permission to take the vehicle to Mexico, i.e. if you are making payments or the vehicle is rented, it is important to bring the proof that the vehicle may leave the country in the form of a letter from your bank or a car rental agreement that states the vehicle may be in Mexico. Remember to buy Mexican insurance before your trip. It is easier to buy online than at the border.

If I receive my permit by mail, what documents do I need to take with me to Mexico?

Bring all documents used to complete the online application, i.e. passport, and a copy or two of those documents as well as your vehicle registration or title, the vehicle permit you received from Banjercito and the sticker to adhere to your windshield. If you were required to get a letter of permission from your bank to take the vehicle into Mexico, it is important to bring the letter with you. Remember to buy Mexican insurance before your trip. It is easier to buy Mexican insurance online than at the border. Remember to stop at the border for your tourist card (FM-T) if you need one!

What are the requirements to get a vehicle permit in person at a Mexican consulate or Banjercito office?

Make sure you have the original (or a notorized copy) and two photocopies of the following documents:

One of the following documents that prove your citizenship:

Passport or passport card

Birth certificate

Certificate of naturalization

Your vehicle registration or vehicle title (pink slip) - The vehicle registration must be in the driver's name.

A lease contract if the vehicle is leased or a rental contract if it rented

If you owe money on the vehicle through a lien holder, you must provide a notarized letter of permission

A Mexican tourist card (FM-T) or visa for travel in Mexico

Now that I have all the necessary documents, what do I do next?

Make sure you have Mexican Auto Insurance

Look for the "Módulo de Control Vehícular" or Mexican Customs (Aduana México) signs that say "Importación Temporal de Vehículos" where you are crossing.

This next step is determined by whether or not you have an internationally accepted credit card. If you have an international credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diner's Club) the next part is easy. The credit card must be in the name of whoever is listed on the vehicle registration! You will be required to charge a non-refundable fee of $16.50 (including the IVA) to your credit card at the Banjercito which is within the Customs area. Banjercito hours of operation at different border crossings are listed below. If you do not have an international credit card, read about making a cash deposit.

Making a cash deposit for your permit:

Only required if you do not have a credit card

2000 and newer models, USD $400.00

1995-1999 models, USD $300.00

models previous to 1995, USD $200.00

Which Mexican Consulates issue temporary vehicle import permits?

California: Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Sacramento

Arizona: Phoenix

Texas: Dallas, Houston, Austin

New Mexico: Albuquerque

Colorado: Denver

Illinois: Chicago

How long can I keep my car in Mexico?

Temporary vehicle importation permits are valid for up to six months. Within this period you may enter and exit the country with your vehicle as many times as you want. Make sure that you get the full six months worth stamped on your permit- its probably wise to do so even if you don't plan to stay that long. If your vehicle is in the country for longer than the permit allows, it can be confiscated by the Mexican authorities.

Why do I have to return my vehicle permit when I leave Mexico?

The vehicle permit must be returned to authorities when you leave Mexico so that the permit is canceled and authorities know the vehicle is no longer in Mexico. It is important to bring your vehicle, the permit and the sticker with you. Vehicle permits may NOT be canceled any other way. If you drive home without canceling your permit, you risk having to drive all the way back to Mexico to return the permit.

I have more questions. How can I find out more information?

You may like to read a courtesy translation on our website of Banjercito's FAQs. If you need to contact Banjercito directly, we suggest emailing them at permisovehiculos(at)banjercito.com.mx.

What are Banjercito's hours of operation?

Unless noted otherwise, Banjercito offices are open on holidays and follow the same schedule listed below

Banjercito Office - Nogales, Sonora

Baja California Norte (California Border Points)

Tijuana

8am-12am - 7 days a week

Otay Mesa

8am-12am - 7 days a week

Tecate

8am-8pm Monday-Friday

10am-2pm Saturday

Closed on Sunday

Mexicali

24 hrs - 7 days a week

Mexicali - Annex

8am-4pm Monday-Friday

10am-2pm Saturday

Closed on Sunday

Baja California Sur

La Paz (Pichilingue)

9am-2pm - 7 days a week

Sonora (Arizona Border Points)

San Luis Rio Colorado

8am-12am - 7 days a week

San Emeterio (Sonoyta)

8am-12am - 7 days a week

Nogales (Km 21)

24 hrs - 7 days a week

Naco - Anexo

8am-12am - 7 days a week

Agua Prieta

24 hrs - 7 days a week

Cananea

8am-6pm Monday-Friday

8am-1pm Saturday & Sunday

Chihuahua (Texas Border Points)

Cd. Juarez (Km. 30)

24 hrs - 7 days a week

Palomas

8am-12am - 7 days a week

Pte. Int. Ojinaga

24 hrs - 7 days a week

Piedras Negras (Km. 54.3)

24 hrs - 7 days a week

Acuña

24 hrs - 7 days a week

San Jeronimo

24 hrs - 7 days a week

Tamaulipas

Nuevo Laredo (Patio Fiscal)

24 hrs - 7 days a week

Nuevo Laredo (Puente Internacional I & II)

24 hrs - 7 days a week

Reynosa

24 hrs - 7 days a week

Nuevo Amanecer

8am-12am - 7 days a week

Ciudad Camargo

8am-12am - 7 days a week

San Jeronimo

24 hrs - 7 days a week

Matamoros Pta. Dos

9am-6pm Monday-Friday

9am-4pm Saturday

Closed Sunday

Puente Nuevo

24 hrs - 7 days a week

Puente Ignacio Zaragoza

9am-9pm - 7 days a week

Puente TLC

9am-6pm Monday-Friday

9am-4pm Saturday

Closed Sunday

Mis Muchachos, A week from tomorrow on 4/1 we cross into Mexico and you MUST have Mexican Insurance; I highly recommend http:www.mexpro.com

As an example, for the 5 days we will be South of the Border and Premium Coverage on my BMW F650GS Twin, I paid $88.77. Mexican Law Requires It!

03/24/11 06:21:17

Thank you!

Thank you for purchasing your insurance through ACE - Extended Coverage.

This file contains all the information that you need to keep with you. If you'd like to review the policy terms and conditions, please click here. To view your travel assistance terms and conditions, please click here.

This page will act as your receipt for your coverage. You will also receive an email receipt for your credit card transaction at the email address of "[email protected]". That email will act as your credit card receipt.

Charges:

If you have any questions regarding your coverage, please feel free to contact our offices at 888-467-4639 or via email at [email protected]. In case of an claim, please follow the instructions on the enclosed "What to do in case of an claim" sheet.

This policy includes the optional MexVisit travel assistance coverage. In case of an accident or claim, please follow the instructions on both the MexVisit claims instruction page, and the automobile claims instruction page.

ACE - Extended Coverage Charges

Premium: (Policy #: 21008654)

$67.52

Policy Fee:

$0.00

I.V.A. Tax:

$0.00

Sub Total:

$67.52

MexVisit Charges

Premium: (Policy #: 220972)

$4.25

Fee:

$1.00

Sub Total:

$5.25

Agency Charges

Fee:

$16.00

Tax:

$0.00

Sub Total:

$16.00

Total Charges

Grand Total:

$88.77

1/9

03/24/11 06:21:17

Edificio Arcos Oriente Bosque de Alisos 47A Piso 1 Bosques de las Lomas 05120, Mexico, D. F.

Undwritten Policy Number By

IMPORTANT: You must print this official certificate!

Office

Agency Name

Issuing Date

Term

Days Term

From Until 11 International ACEB 21008654 03/22/2011 Day Month Year Time Day Month Year Time 5

Insurance Group

Affiliate ID

IIIIIOMLM

Donald Edwin Stanley 1061 N Amber St, Chandler, AZ

09:11:52 MST

Agent Code

Issued In Favor Of Phone: 480-440-4666

ZIP: 85225 Occupation: Retired

1 4 2011 00:00:00 6 4 2011 00:01:00

Citizenship:

USA

Premium: Policy Fee: Underwriter Fee: Tax (I.V.A.): Total:

Description of Vehicle(s)

Policy Costs

$67.52 $16.00 $0.00 $0.00 $83.52

ID Make & Model Value Year License Plate V.I.N. Lienholder

1 BMW Motorcycles F650 GS

$8,000.00

2009 MCNK81 (AZ)

WB10228079ZT94757

PLEASE NOTE: Still plenty of rooms at the San Carlos Plaza Resort Hotel. $170 USD a night.

https://www.sancarlosplaza.com.mx/eng/index.htm Reservation Summary:

SAN CARLOS PLAZA 2 Night(s), 1 Rooms

2 Adults, 0 Children

0 Extra people

Paseo Mar Bermejo #4 Col. Los Algodones

Guaymas,MX

Reservation Number: XXXX25081951115338

Reservation Date: Mar-25-2011

Reservation Status: Reserved

Customer Information

Email: [email protected]

First Name: Donald

Last Name: Stanley

Home Phone: 480-440-4666

Work Phone:

Address: 1061 North Amber Street

City: Chandler, Arizona

Credit Card Information

Name On Card: Donald E Stanley

Billing Address: 1061 North Amber Street

Zip Code: 85225

Card Type: Visa

Card Number: ************

Expire Date: 10/2013 Room Details

Room 1: Standard Lateral

Rate Plan: Standard Rate

Under Name Donald Stanley

2 Adults

Room Total: $287.68 USD

Taxes: $51.78 USD

Total: $339.46 USD

The exchange rate used in the calculation is subject to noticeable fluctuations.

The total in the original currency is $4,094.60 MXN

Cancel - Hotel Policies • A credit card is needed to guarantee reservation

• Cancel at least 2 days prior to arrival to avoid any charges.

• Credit cards accepted: Visa, Master Card, American Express

• 2 children under 12 years old free of charge

• Max. Occupancy per room: 2 adults and 2 children

• Check in is at 15:00

• Check out is at 13:00

• No shows will have a one night charge

CHANGE OF RENDEZVOUS POINT LOCATION FOR APRIL 1ST CROSSOVER INTO MEXICO! Same departure time of 0800 hours!

https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&1s=AZ&1a=1061+N+Amber+St&1z=85225-8718&1y=US&1l=33.32212&1g=-111.80997&1v=ADDRESS&2c=Rio+Rico&2s=AZ&2a=1069+Camino+Caralampi&2z=85648-1610&2y=US&2l=31.460821&2g=-110.997555&2v=ADDRESS I will see you Mexico Riding Folks at the Esplendor Resort in Rio Rico at 0800 hours on Friday, April 1.

Don Stanley

1061 N. Amber St.

Chandler, AZ 85225

Cell: 480-440-4666

-----Original Message-----

To: cpdoucet <cpd; beemerdons <[email protected]>

Cc: brian.b <brian.b

Sent: Fri, Mar 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Subject: Thursday Nights Ride

Chuck, Don, here is what Melanie and I are doing Thursday night.

We are leaving work (Chandler) about 4:00PM. We will head to Tumacacori, AZ. We will have dinner at Wisdom's Cafe.

https://www.wisdomscafe.com/

Then Thursday night, we are staying at Esplendor resort in Rio Rico. ($138) Just 10 minutes from Nogales, and I feel much better about leaving my bike there overnight. Plus, it make for a classy evening.

https://www.esplendor-resort.com/

We will hook up at Esplendor, just off the freeway, and then ride to Nogales.

Looking forward to a great trip.

Rgds, Brian. Mesa, AZ

Don't forget to say Hi to Jan (owner) for me at San Carlos Marina Barracuda Bob's!

Ralph

Man, I wish I were on some of these rides...

Especially a dual sport ride thru Copper Canyon area.
Hola Ralph, we have a fishing excursion chartered for Saturday morning. After we return to the San Carlos Marina and dock, we will go see Jan over at Barracuda Bob's. Stay in touch with yamafitter-Bill F. and Papa Chuy. We Dos Hombres will ride Motos through Mexico's Copper Canyon again at the drop of a Sombrero!

Here is what I really just love about riding a motorcycle in Mexico. If a giant boulder fell off of the mountainside during a rainstorm in the USA or Canada and blocked the highway, it would take a year for the Authorities to design, plan and fund the project to clear up the roadway and provide detours. They'd just royally screw the pooch!

In Mexico, one farmer with a backhoe on the east side of the boulder on the Magdalena-Sinoquipe road and another farmer on the west side of the boulder simply use their Case 360 bucket loaders to push up enough dirt so you can just ride up and over the top of the boulder. Oh Mexico, I Love You and Your People! Viva Mexico, ese!

Magdelena-Sinoquipe%20Road.jpg