FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rj3y2Q.jpg

2009 purchased new 05/2010.

I put all but about 3 of these miles on this bike. Steve_G took it for a test drive a few years ago...the only other person to ride it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
my 06 is back home now …160460 km (cracked the 100000mile barrier) and won't see much action. The second 06 got 20000 km put on since summer and is now waiting for me to return to arizona in 3 weeks… it now has 54000 km. Right now my autumn ride at home is my Bandit which only has 35000 km… it was at the back of the garage and looking neglected
not_i.gif

"Met Gray Ghost at a roadside rest stop in Ohio last Friday. He says he'll have added over 60000 miles this year alone on his new to him '03. He also plans on resurrecting his old '03 by welding up the engine case where the cam tensioner wore through, and replacing the tensioner parts. He'll then go for 500000 miles if the group says it's not cheating to have a few replacement (tensioner) parts in the engine."

I asssume that you meant cam chain wore through the case. Either way, I see no cheating here. Just a maintenance item. I would really like to see this bike in my travels. Gotta love the 03's

Canadian FJR

"Met Gray Ghost at a roadside rest stop in Ohio last Friday. He says he'll have added over 60000 miles this year alone on his new to him '03. He also plans on resurrecting his old '03 by welding up the engine case where the cam tensioner wore through, and replacing the tensioner parts. He'll then go for 500000 miles if the group says it's not cheating to have a few replacement (tensioner) parts in the engine."
I asssume that you meant cam chain wore through the case. Either way, I see no cheating here. Just a maintenance item. I would really like to see this bike in my travels. Gotta love the 03's

Canadian FJR
Next time you're in Ohio, look him up. All of the miles that he put on the original 03, were put on riding in Ohio, except for the missed entrance to the hotel at the 2014 SEO Ramble, when he had to cross the bridge and ended up in WV.

Canadian FJR
Next time you're in Ohio, look him up. All of the miles that he put on the original 03, were put on riding in Ohio, except for the missed entrance to the hotel at the 2014 SEO Ramble, when he had to cross the bridge and ended up in WV.
I'm sorry, but I still can't wrap my head around how someone can put that many miles on a bike and not go out and see the rest of the country, much less the continent. He must have ridden down the same road so many times that everyone in the state must have thought he was a neighbor who lived just down the street.

TripperMike posted: I'm sorry, but I still can't wrap my head around how someone can put that many miles on a bike and not go out and see the rest of the country, much less the continent. He must have ridden down the same road so many times that everyone in the state must have thought he was a neighbor who lived just down the street.
True, but imagine how well he knew all those roads after riding them 20 times each; every curve, every dip, every pothole ...

While not my style -- I am easily bored -- it's a remarkable feat.

Met Gray Ghost at a roadside rest stop in Ohio last Friday. He says he'll have added over 60000 miles this year alone on his new to him '03. He also plans on resurrecting his old '03 by welding up the engine case where the cam tensioner wore through, and replacing the tensioner parts. He'll then go for 500000 miles if the group says it's not cheating to have a few replacement (tensioner) parts in the engine.
I gave him a safety pin to hold some of his gear together. He does take ATGATT to a very high level.

Great talking with you Gray Ghost!
Thanks for the safety pin, I now have a heavy duty brass zipper installed. I also have for the year, 54,496 miles and from 10/11/14 to 10/26/15, I have 65,807miles. I enjoyed talking to both of you and hope to see you again some day.

Canadian FJR
I'm sorry, but I still can't wrap my head around how someone can put that many miles on a bike and not go out and see the rest of the country, much less the continent. He must have ridden down the same road so many times that everyone in the state must have thought he was a neighbor who lived just down the street.
Through Uncle Sam I've seen enough of other places, that's not a big concern with me and since I ride these roads all the time, I know where the all important rest stops and convenient trees are located. The people in these areas are used to seeing me and they do think I'm from around there, and I've needed their help from time to time.

^^^^^ Please do not slam the FNG. Exuberance that I am sure you can remember, even if you've put over 150,000 miles on FJRs.

=================================================================================================================

JAB, keep on keeping on, brother. Stagecoach in Mobile on Wednesday, December 30. Put a few more miles on your new girl: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/165625-stagecoach-2015-last-ride-of-the-year/

Next time, adhere to the 50,000 mile minimum before posting. (I learned this myself, sir, very recently. And yes, it is mentioned on page 1 of this 46-page thread.)

My apologies gents, didn't read the rules. Thanks Uncle Hud! Your are right about my exuberance. I put another 150 on today! Won't post here again till I reach 50K. My best to all here.

My apologies gents, didn't read the rules. Thanks Uncle Hud! Your are right about my exuberance. I put another 150 on today! Won't post here again till I reach 50K. My best to all here.
Feel free to post anywhere you wish. Just don't always count on positive feedback. ;)

All of these high mileage bikes makes me feel like I own a garage queen when I'm just pushing the 80k mark now and wont see too many more miles before the end of March. With the newer bikes making me drool I will probably upgrade to a 14 or 15 model the coming year.