FJR Mileage Milestones

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even more amazing, he never leaves the State of Ohio. It's gotta be hard riding that many miles on long, straight, boring roads!
Well done!
Where I ride is in southern Ohio for the most part and it's anything but straight and boring, that's why I ride down there in the winding hilly roads. By the way you do know I"m originally from Covington, Pa.
Straight and boring is kind of an inside joke with many of us. If you're ever inclined to cross the state line and head to Covington, I'll be glad to tag along, or feel free to stop by in Murrysville. Looking forward to seeing you again. Congrats on your impressive miles this year! Good luck and be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is for the bike turning the big 200k! 51367 isn't mine. butttt, with the miles I had on the previous bike, I turned 200,000 miles, by Nov.1, 2016. The bike is now in the shop for the winter for service, with 205,155 on it. I set a new personal record this year of 76,728 miles, and that gives me 153,788, I've put on the new bike, since Oct. 2014. My photo on the side of my speedometer is what I was going from.
That's an average of over 210 miles per day a year. Don't you ever sleep? I need some of whatever your taking please!!!!

Dave
Dave, I've got some new stats for you. I was down a month in Prime riding season and I had to put the bike in the shop in the middle of Nov. maintenance and bambi repair. Here are some new figures for 12 mos. in a row. July 2015 thru June 2016- 85,160 miles which includes 37 days for Dec,Jan, Feb. and I averaged a little over 25 rides a month for the other 9 mos. for a total of 264 days riding out of 365. So, I do have a lot of time to do yard work and whatever. :) .

...I set a new personal record this year of 76,728 miles...
Your house/rocker/bed must miss you big time!
I bet that is more than SkooterG rode this year...

I bet that is more than SkooterG has ridden in any year ya bastage!
Freakin' retired riders - so envious…
winksmiley02.gif

In 2 years … 100k in 1 year !

Don't know where, but I will be riding there!
With all the riding in different places that you do, I'm sure you'll hit 100,000 miles in a year, good luck and make sure you post it.

101stpathfinder posted: Freakin' retired riders - so envious…In 2 years … 100k in 1 year ! Don't know where, but I will be riding there!
Ditto on retired riders. Get a job, youse guys!!!
This is my job, I'm trying to set a record for most miles on 03 FJR's. and also all years to set a goal for the rest of you to reach. P.S. There probably others riders who could have more but do not post on here, there to busy riding.!! :) Keep riding...

No doubt about it - The Gray Ghost has kicked my dog! VERY impressive.

But I did hit this little milestone back in early November:

That milestone gives me 500,000 miles on FJRs!!! Finally!!! Wow. What a ride it has been! Close to 400k on Gen Is, A little over 100k on a Gen II, and still just a few on Gen IIIs.

No doubt about it - The Gray Ghost has kicked my dog! VERY impressive.
But I did hit this little milestone back in early November:

That milestone gives me 500,000 miles on FJRs!!! Finally!!! Wow. What a ride it has been! Close to 400k on Gen Is, A little over 100k on a Gen II, and still just a few on Gen IIIs.
SkooterG, Congrats on reaching 500K on FJR's, the next stop 750K...!!!!! Ride on

Only a RIDER (not a biker) would pull over in rush hour traffic, in British Columbia in JANUARY, to capture the 150,000 KM milestone!!!!

Ride on, man!!

Only a RIDER (not a biker) would pull over in rush hour traffic, in British Columbia in JANUARY, to capture the 150,000 KM milestone!!!!
Ride on, man!!
Yeah but it's 7°C. Almost summer riding weather. Maybe not but it is well within the comfort envelope with some fairly modest cold weather gear. (44.6°F for those who are not temperature bilingual)

Thanks Gray Ghost. I love this bike. I use it as my primary transportation year round.

Ride on, man!!
Thanks! I take a picture every 10k km.

Yeah but it's 7°C. Almost summer riding weather. Maybe not but it is well within the comfort envelope with some fairly modest cold weather gear. (44.6°F for those who are not temperature bilingual)
It is warm now, almost balmy!. Snow again this weekend, apparently. Ugh. I'm good with cold to around -10°c (14°f) if the roads are bare, but I've had snow packed roads for weeks on end. I'm not use to that here. Last year I had to drive to work 3 days for snow. This year I can't count how much I've had to drive. This winter is definitely putting me into withdrawal at times.

Here's a freak'n story for ya! My wife and I both ride FJRs. She's had one ('13) for three point five years and did 73,000 miles on it, I had a '14 and had ridden it 23,800 when on 1/23/17, we got a little too anxious, went out early in the day and rode 55 mph onto a icy bridge. THAT did not turn out well, and the insurance company totaled both bikes. It took us a little over a month to get insurance worked out and replacements located at a price we wanted to pay for them. I got to replace my beautiful RED FJR "Margarita" with a nearly exact copy, "Margarita Too". Beckie's bike is a totally awesome color of blue '17, she hasn't named it yet. We've had them a little over a week and spent today doing the 600 miles service on both of them. While Beckie did the oil changes I pulled the totally useless Aux power outlet out of the side pockets, opened the wires and spliced in a bit I'll be able to connect an Aux relay to when it gets here (the check's in the mail). Now, the question I need answered is do any of you folks know if there's such a thing as a USB converter unit that's close to the same size as that Aux power outlet so I could have a couple of 2A. USB connectors inside the box to charge the iPhone while on the road?

Peggy-Sue, the mighty FJR has reached another milestone, the first Gen 2 FJR in the World to reach 250,000 miles (400,000 km).

It seems like only yesterday that she was also the first Gen 2 FJR in the World to hit 200,000 miles (320,000 km) - how time flies when you're having fun.
Looking forward to the next milestone.

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

James - How many miles on the new(er) engine? Seems to me is was fairly low mileage when you put it in and your bike was over 200,000 miles at the time.

James - How many miles on the new(er) engine? Seems to me is was fairly low mileage when you put it in and your bike was over 200,000 miles at the time.
Ross, the original engine died at 213k, the replacement engine supposedly had 11k on it when I bought it, so it now has an additional 26k miles on (total: 37k miles).