Fjr Parts Sources?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesurf

Reaction score
I'm in rather immediate need of several parts that mother yamaha is back-ordered on; specifically, gears (2,3,5) and shift fork 1. I can supply part numbers if that will help.

What independent or well-stocked dealer parts suppliers are out there?

Thanks very much,

James (bluessurf at hotmail dot com)

I would bet money that no Yamaha dealer in the country stocks individual transmission components for the FJR. I fear you are pretty much at the mercy of the Yamaha YDS supply system..... :(

Thanks, Dale. I agree, Yamaha's "system" for keeping a few real parts in stock to support the 7K or so FJR's in North America does need a little improvement.

On the advice of someone else then I contacted

University Motors, but they are in the same boat as me. Nice folks, though, will keep them in mind for next time parts are needed.

Absolutely keep Gary's name and email handy for when you need or want parts. He also will get you other aftermarket parts at significant discount. I'm working with him on some items now, and have purchased many things for my 05 FJR from him, including the Tupperware! Dont forget about FJRGoodies.com for more routine things like Yamaha oil, filters, rear end lube, and crush washers.

John

Hmm. Just wondering why you would need to replace those gears and such. Is there a weakness in the FJR gearbox?

Does University Motors only discount Vmax parts? It appears that it is that way when looking at their website. Anybody have any experience with them?

Does University Motors only discount Vmax parts?
No, Gary offers a discount to FJR1300 forum & mailing list members on everything. Just mention you heard about him on the FJR forum and you're in! I have bought plenty of stuff from University motors and they are top-notch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary discounts everything he has access to. Call him. Will be one of the best things you do. Gary gets all of my business.

Thanks guys that's good to know. I only checked out their website and I saw that he discounts Vmax bikes.

With all the good words about Gary, it seems like he is the guy to beat on prices.