FJR Rider in San Jose Area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRONAMISSION

Flying at the speed of smell ;))
Reaction score
I have '08 fjr and live in south SJ, need ride buddies. can ride 5pm to 8pm or so mon - fri and on weekends.

I have two kids and a wife and we all stay busy on the weekends but she knows I gotta ride!! I don't ride

with a death wish (anymore)...... but I don't ride slow either.. twisties are goooood.... I have had dirt bkes,

rice - rockets and cruzer.... now its fjr time so lets ride.... I have had it for about 3 - weeks now and put over a 1000 miles

on it. ......the coast will be great this weekend.....

I really want to go on half day or full day rides around here ( the bay area ), I just got a Garmin GPS to be able to check out

the great BAy Area loops, I keep hearing about ! I will do it alone, but in small groups or pairs would be a lot more fun.

.SEE YA.........................

Last edited by a moderator:
I have '08 fjr and live in south SJ, need ride buddies. can ride 5pm to 8pm or so mon - fri and on weekends.I have two kids and a wife and we all stay busy on the weekends but she knows I gotta ride!! I don't ride

with a death wish (anymore)...... but I don't ride slow either.. twisties are goooood.... I have had dirt bkes,

rice - rockets and cruzer.... now its fjr time so lets ride.... I have had it for about 3 - weeks now and put over a 1000 miles

Congrats on your new FJR!! Too bad you cant ride during the week, I am going down the PCH to Santa Monica Pier next week.

Shanta

I have '08 fjr and live in south SJ, need ride buddies. can ride 5pm to 8pm or so mon - fri and on weekends.I have two kids and a wife and we all stay busy on the weekends but she knows I gotta ride!! I don't ride

Congrats on your new FJR!! Too bad you cant ride during the week, I am going down the PCH to Santa Monica Pier next week.

Shanta

I am interviewing new employees this week....... ;[ I would enjoy the trip ... let me know how it goes.. get some pics for sure....

Shanta,

set up another trip after Aug 5th and I'm there!!

In fact anyone doing a similar run... let me know....

Silent and I met up yesterday.... he took us out hywy 9 and .... well he could tell ya the road names better than I....

We had a good ride, ended up at the beach, then south to hywy 17, 35 and back down 9, I think????? and yes... he really made a bread run

to Pescadaro... it was a good ride.... :clapping:

Nice little trip, we went up 9 to Skyline, then took Alpine road to Pescadero road, then over to 1, south to 17, east to Bear Creek, then Skyline again from the other end, and 9 going the opposite way. Then back to 17 and home.

Something like This

Nice little trip, we went up 9 to Skyline, then took Alpine road to Pescadero road, then over to 1, south to 17, east to Bear Creek, then Skyline again from the other end, and 9 going the opposite way. Then back to 17 and home.
Something like This

close enough....

now I realize what I need to change first on my fjr.... windshild, grips and maybe bar risers..... my bracket for my gps showed up today

so I will work on that first!! I know you don't care for a phone hook-up while ya ridin... but I need one for work. do you (or someone reading this) know which one is

the best for a full face helmet? I really need a clue and where to test one blah blah blah........ BB

Something like This

close enough....

now I realize what I need to change first on my fjr.... windshild, grips and maybe bar risers..... my bracket for my gps showed up today

so I will work on that first!! I know you don't care for a phone hook-up while ya ridin... but I need one for work. do you (or someone reading this) know which one is

the best for a full face helmet? I really need a clue and where to test one blah blah blah........ BB
Talk to Jeff over at Bike Effects he'll hook you up wioth what you need for what you want to do in a comm system. He's a forum member too, so you get a discount B)

Something like This

close enough....

Talk to Jeff over at Bike Effects he'll hook you up wioth what you need for what you want to do in a comm system. He's a forum member too, so you get a discount B)

Thanks... I will give jeff a call................ BB

Welcome to the Rat race FJRONAMISSION.... when you get around the Socal area give me a yell ill ride with ya and put you on video.........Im in the Ventura Area...

Best prices on helmets try here , I save over 100.00 here on my Icon decay... local stores where way high same helmet

https://www.sandhillspowersports.com/sandhills/OnlineStore.do

Auto com super pro avi is outstanding for ipod, Cell, gps radar....Call Keith at Tulsa truck center for the best price and Knowledge on what you need and will work with autocom 918-446-2245

Jdog

Welcome to the Rat race FJRONAMISSION.... when you get around the Socal area give me a yell ill ride with ya and put you on video.........Im in the Ventura Area...

Best prices on helmets try here , I save over 100.00 here on my Icon decay... local stores where way high same helmet

Auto com super pro avi is outstanding for ipod, Cell, gps radar....Call Keith at Tulsa truck center for the best price and Knowledge on what you need and will work with autocom 918-446-2245

Jdog
Thanks JDOG... when I get down that way I will look you up! and thanks for the autocom hookup!

Jdog
Thanks JDOG... when I get down that way I will look you up! and thanks for the autocom hookup!
No problemo Keith is the Man...

He found me, then wandered off to find bigger and better people to ride with :rolleyes:

This ridin stuff gets adictive don't it? B)

Ray... I didn't wander off.... just out there"grazing"... gotta get that FJR broken in and

go see all the good farkles... :rolleyes: I got to hear different slip-ons and pipe set-ups and

that was really worth it... everyone sz which pipe is good, but I gotta hear um... FJRM

== It has come to my attention... that there are more FJR owner/members in the south bay area, but they don't

get involved in local rides very often... I would like to extend some encouragement to reach out and ride with

new members... after all.. it's about the ride and meeting new friends, right? :huh:

I really want to go on half day or full day rides around here ( the bay area ), I just got a Garmin GPS to be able to check out

the great BAy Area loops, I keep hearing about ! I will do it alone, but in small groups or pairs would be a lot more fun.

.SEE YA.........................

you gotta watch that Ray he is a whiner and he likes to park on corners.... :p

R