FJR Rider in Serious Condition - Car Accident in SOCAL

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
Frank Dorogi (FrankieD) had a very serious car accident on Nov 28th.
He remains in ICU with lots of complications according to his longtime partner Therese who is with him.
As soon as I find out where he is hospitalized I'll post and let you all know.

Therese asked for Love, Thoughts, and Prayers.

More later.

Very sorry to read this. They were both my roomies back during the Red Lodge meet. Really nice folks. Best wishes being sent across.

Frank Dorogi

C/O Orange County Global Medical Health Center

1001 N Tustin Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705

Yes he is sedated heavily, but Therese says he can and does communicate around all the tubes. Cards can be sent to this address.

Hate to hear news of fellow peep down.

Will send custom card of encouragement...

Thanks for letting us know...

-dc

Looking forward to Frank's speedy recovery and our next ride together. Some of my favorite shots of Frank from Baja California.

20180218_181400-L.jpg

Frank with a slightly damaged inner tube.

IMG_0353-L.jpg

Frank hitching a ride after his flat tire.

20180222_124736-L.jpg

%21cid_image003_jpg%4001D3B30A-L.jpg

The whole Baja California crew.

20180217_103400-L.jpg

Franky and I chomping at the bit with a pocket full of pesos ready to storm the border.

20180219_085948-L.jpg

When Frank put on his Red Lodge shirt I realized that I had met him before. :oops:

20180221_132940-L.jpg

The Latest Update:

Me: How's Frank doing?

Therese: Really well. They buttoned him up on Wednesday dc'd one of the sedatives and decreased the morphine to one mg per hour.
He's much more awake and expressive.
Soon they'll start to reduce the trach tube size and ultimately remove it.
He'll start PT soon.
Ps you won't be able to fat shame him, he's lost a lot. Lol.

Me: Like I'm going to start Fat Shaming anyone, LOL

That's good news--thanks John. I do remember talking to Frank at Red Lodge too, but only a bit. But enough to say "wish you well, Frank, and a speedy and complete recovery." Damn, though, driving those damn cars is dangerous!

Another update, his S.O. Therese has gone back to Buffalo, his daughter is with him in SOCAL now:

From his daughter Rachel yesterday:
Sat in a chair for an hour and 15 minutes. Passed his swallow test and eat lunch today! Applesauce, soup, mashed potatoes, and water! Great progress today.