FJR Sales

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they're selling more, because (these days), FJR's are on the showroom floor. Sure, some people are looking for gas mileage, but when you're talking about an expensive street bike, that's generally used as an excuse, rather than a reason.

As to gas mileage, I'm curious as to where numbers like 50mpg are coming from. My '07, with the replacement ECU, averages 39-41mpg. I've never seen it higher than 43, and if I ride it hard, 37. It's not the best bike on fuel I've ever had, but if you want the power, there are compromises.

My area has quite a few more FJR's wandering about. It is pretty obvious that they have gained in popularity in recent years. I am sure that the fact that folks can buy one off of a showroom floor has a lot to do with it.

And about gas mileage... my bike consistently gets over 40 MPG... but rarely (unless I'm in the higher elevations) does it see really really upper 40's. Heavy around town use plus heavy throttle will yield under 40 but that is the only instances of it happening & is rare.

I ride with new bikes that seem to get in the same mileage range as me. Them guys who yield 50 must have some kinda' good ju ju in their tank.

As others mentioned, the dealers now have them to sell and the price of gas is getting people to buy. If I'm not parking by 7:20-7:45, I need to go look elsewhere.

As for mileage, I was consistently commuting in the 48-49 mpg range until having the tick fix and a new TPS installed. Those have knocked off about 2 mpg.

That was the final thing to convince me. I had looked at FJR's for several years, but wouldn't order something I hadn't riden. Got my '07 in April off the floor after a test ride. Took about 5 minutes of riding (in wet snow by the way) to convince me to buy it.

Add the fact that now you can go to dealer and get one off the floor without ordering it.

I gotta agree, it's the fact that they're now available from dealer stock -- which they were in 2007 too, but I suspect at least some people didn't like Black Cherry. I bought my 2006 used (in September of '06) because I got to see and test ride it. A half hour on it convinced me. I doubt I would ever have done the silly pre-order program, and if that opportunity hadn't come along, I might have waited until this year.

-Uwe-

Put me in the "won't buy a bike I can't see" category. So in 2007 I finally sold my previous bike and got the FJR. I'm betting that getting rid of the pre-order program increased sales.

I've been riding my whole life and at one point I didn't even own a car for 6 years, so I don't need any justification for owning a bike. But with gas prices where they're at, I save $300 per month by commuting with the bike vs my crew cab dually F350 pickup. That makes the bike payment :yahoo:

I can't figure out how some of you get mileage in the upper 40's. With mixed city and highway riding, I get upper 30's. On a recent trip to Tri-cities with the wife on her first FJR road trip and riding 75-80 mph, I still only averaged 40. Maybe it has something to do with my "lead" fist? :devil: