Fjr Takes Another Endurance Rally Win!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Once again, a FJR dominates in the world of Endurance Riding, with two of our very own forum members finishing in the Top 10 in the "Land of Enchantment 1000" (LOE1000) Endurance Rally this past weekend.

As he did in the Utah 1088 last June, George Zelenz crushed the opposition with a staggering 1,649 miles in 24 hours and a massive 7,755 bonus point to WIN the event!

Congrats, George!!

Taking 8th Place with 1,551 miles and 6,196 bonus points was SkooterG... and he didn't crash this time!! :haha:

Congrats, SkooterG!!!

Y'all are making us proud... way to represent, guys!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job boyz! Way to represent.

I'm just a little confused at George's #1 finish.

......They either don't have hot tobs in New Mexico.......or they had some hot spring as a juicy bonus. ;)

Taking 8th Plane with 1,551 miles and 6,196 bonus points was SkooterG... and he didn't crash this time!!
Well done Greg and I am very glad to hear you kept it upright. I will pass on the news to wifey as well. :good:

As he did in the Utah 1088 last June, George Zelenz crushed the opposition with a staggering 1,649 miles in 24 hours and a massive 7,755 bonus point to WIN the event!
Geez theres no point in entering the 24hr rallies to try to win while this guy is around. :p

Thinking of an early retirement? What about us rookies? :lol:

Congratulations BTW!

Geez theres no point in entering the 24hr rallies to try to win while this guy is around. 
Thinking of an early retirement? What about us rookies?
Thank goodness Geoge is the Rallymaster for next month's 24 hour event...

SPANK ME!

I gotta tell ya.......

George Zelenz is a freaking long distance riding rally GOD!!!! I don't know where he gets the drive, but he is on another level folks.

He and I both took the route that led to the big teaser bonus - 5300 points to Casper, WY. We were the only two to go after this bonus. Well, let me tell you. I was speaking with him the night before as we were trying to figure out which routes we wanted to take, and I was leaning towards Casper, which was almost a BBG in itself, and a few extra bonii to get some additional points, as I knew Casper itself would not be a winner. Well George, was thinking Casper too, but a with a whole bunch of difficult bonii to go with it. I was thinking to myself, this guy is nuts. He will never be able to do all that. I know I couldn't.

So, things did not go so well for me during first 1/3 of the rallyl, as I was constantly drowsy, and having to stop for breaks. I got three easier bonii enroute to Casper, and left Casper at exactly the halfway point - 12 hours elapsed. Well, 130 miles south of Casper in the dark, a flying pair of PHIDs comes around a bend and go off in deference to my retinas.

Shit! That has got to be George! He is 260 miles behind me! There is no way he will finish on time! Well boys and girls, he did finish on time...........

barely..........

3 freaking minutes to spare! That bastard got all those other big bonii as well as Casper. Inhuman I say! A freaking rally ANIMAL!!!! I humbly bow down in his presence. I am but a mere mortal, he a rally GOD!

Ol GZ set a BLISTERING pace. And when I say blistering, I mean f***ing literally!

Witness:

Georgie Porgie's rear tire at the end of the rally. Thankfully, he had no idea until it was all over.

LOE10002005043.jpg

Congratulations!!!! Way to go George.

Me, unfortunatlely I faded. I am usually good to go during the whole 24 hours of a rally, but I had problems in the beginning, and faded in the wee, cold hours of the morning. So I finished an hour early. Now I look at the standings and see that one more medium bonus would have gotten me 5th place. Ouch. That hurts. I coulda done that. Also see now where a GPS would be useful. That would have gotten me at least one more bonus. Lessons learned for the next time.

And I didn't crash!!!!

:D

Just before my recent BBG as I contemplated throwing out a tire that had a few miles left on it in order to start w/ a fresh set, GZ told me that I had "a long way to go" on the existing tire. Now I see his frame of reference.

Holy crap, that's scary.

Hey GZ, how many miles did you get outta that tire?

Wow, FJRs take #1 and #2 for most miles. Excellent. Also noticed Colin Cunningham was also a rally finisher, meaning, team FJR had a 100% completion rate. Well done, fellahs!

Frigging Wow! :clap: :clap:

I checked the distance from Los Lunas to Casper and its just a little under 750 miles and that's without stopping for other bonii. Yikes!

Outa my league!

So as a novice what should I target for total miles in the Spank rally?

Look forward to meeting some of you guys in about a month.

tel