FJR TECH.COM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trimmantom

Reaction score
Anybody know what happened to Warchilds FJR Tech? His site was invaluable . Site says not under active development.

To be clear, it was moved to FJRTech.net and the other .com isn't active at all...long story with the domain name renewal. As for it not being under development, that's likely a polite way of saying the 20 year old web code or hosting system (he used ColdFusion) has been retired and/or insecure and one-pager is better than throwing an error.

I wouldn't expect it to be updated. Use the existing resources including some of it that was also covered under http://www.fjr-tips.org/.

Alternatively, if you're a web guy and really want to add it back to the FJR community, send a note to Warchild and volunteer to do it. I bet he's got the back-end data still.

Anybody know what happened to Warchilds FJR Tech? His site was invaluable . Site says not under active development.
My first FJR would have never happened except for Warchild and the information on FJR Tech. There was nothing unique about my bike. I built it practically step by step from information on that site. For me, it too was invaluable.

To be clear, it was moved to FJRTech.net and the other .com isn't active at all...long story with the domain name renewal. As for it not being under development, that's likely a polite way of saying the 20 year old web code or hosting system (he used ColdFusion) has been retired and/or insecure and one-pager is better than throwing an error.

I wouldn't expect it to be updated. Use the existing resources including some of it that was also covered under http://www.fjr-tips.org/.

Alternatively, if you're a web guy and really want to add it back to the FJR community, send a note to Warchild and volunteer to do it. I bet he's got the back-end data still.
Thanks for the info Iggy. I'm not a web guy.

The deprecation of code generators is why FJR-TIPS.ORG was done in hand-coded HTML. It's not very fancy but it works.

But it does bring up the possibility of someone who might want to take that code, move it to a new host, and assume caretakership of it so that it "wakes back up" with new content.

I could do it for the bi-line as my payment would be to no longer shoulder the cost of hosting and domain registration. I'm rethinking costs since a broken window at the house meant I had to cancel my plans to attend the nearby IBA event this past weekend (just to save half of my overnight stay costs and gas+M&IE). Those margins are too tight.