FJR1300 Engine Mods: To the extreme

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhody

Reaction score
Has anyone added a Turbo, and/or a Nitrous System (wet or dry) to their beloved (but sometimes short lived mounts).

For those who have a high speed connection, please see video links below:

They are based on the Suzuki Haybusa engine, but approximately the same displacement as the FJR.

Turbo Hayabusa

A Little Adventure

:blink:

They are based on the Suzuki Haybusa engine, but approximately the same displacement as the FJR.
Ouch!!! Kinda like saying "Janet Reno and Kathy Ireland have the same equipment." :D :lol: :D :lol:

RENO%20Janet.jpg
versus
kathy-ireland-sized.jpg

Edited: 01/22/06 11:30pm -- Damn off-site pic linking :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Howie... that's just cold. Mention Janet and Kathy and post a picture of Janet and only give us a Big Red X for Kathy??? Cruel, man, just cruel.

Ahhhh.... just another reason I love my FJR and I love this FJR Forum --- my FJR needs no nitros or turbo, but I always enjoy a glimpse of Kathy... :rolleyes: Jay

I doubt anyone has done this. We're not the testosterone pumping, gotta-go-as-fast-as-I-can, squidly types like the Hayabusa rider. Speaking of which, I tend to see a lot of out of control squids riding the 'busa...

Besides, the engine life would be defined in days, not years as the internals were not designed for greater output.

My vote is if you want an ultra-fast bike, get a busa to begin with!

Has anyone added a Turbo, and/or a Nitrous System (wet or dry) to their beloved (but sometimes short lived mounts).
For those who have a high speed connection, please see video links below:

Serious apple and orange thing going there. The FJR motor is extremely low-tech...especially in Yamaha speak. No EXUP, no Genesis, low redline, 5 gears only. What we have here is a Top-O-the-line John Deere tractor. But what a sweet tractor it is. :D :D :D

Ouch!!! Kinda like saying "Janet Reno and Kathy Ireland have the same equipment." :D :lol: :D :lol:

RENO%20Janet.jpg
versus
kathy-ireland-sized.jpg

Edited: 01/22/06 11:30pm -- Damn off-site pic linking :angry:
Anatomy wise they do have the same equiptment....Kathy just has much better packaging. Kathy was clearly packed by an artistic engineer and Janet was wrapped by Stevie Wonder and a case of duct tape :p :D B)

I just hope we don't have to look at a bathingsuit shot of Janet..... :bigeyes:
Ask and ye shall recieve............

Hot Janet Pic
OK, Radman !! That's IT!!! :agent:

I'm going to have to report you to the SPCA on animal cruelty charges !!!

Didn't you ever consider the fact that my cat might be looking at the screen when I clicked on that link ?!?!?!? She's scarred for life !!! :aggressive:

She's hiding under the bed in my daughter's room. If I have to send her to a pet psychiatrist, you're payin !!!!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: