FJR1300AE Left Hand Brake?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoodo

Reaction score
For symmetry purposes among other things, has anyone added a left brake lever to control what the foot brake does now? (giving you the option of left hand or right foot)

I am in the curiosity stage at this point.

Thanks!

No. You'd be the first....on an FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be prefect if someone tried to steal your ride...."Every time I grabbed the clutch the bike stopped!" :eek: :eek: :blink: :blink:

For symmetry purposes among other things, has anyone added a left brake lever to control what the foot brake does now? (giving you the option of left hand or right foot)
I am in the curiosity stage at this point.

Thanks!
You'd probably have to take the finger shifter off to mount a lever bracket. There's no room remaining on the standard diameter bar that the controls attach to. I just mounted a U Bolt RAM mount next to my AE shifter, so there is SOME room left on the round larger diameter part of the handlbar. But if you mounted a standard lever there, it wouldn't reach to the end of the grip. IOW, it would probably come up short. I think you're looking at some major engineering there. No place for a reservoir, either....

Man, that would be so counter intuitive for when you got on any other bike.....
Not every other bike!

I am very interested in this topic because after not riding for a number of years (something from the wife about motorbikes not mixing with being a father) I slipped two wheels back into our garage in the form of a Burgman 650. Three years later I added my '09 FJR-AE. The Burgie got me used to exactly the left hand braking you describe so occasionally on the FJR my left hand grabs air when I want to slow down. Now that I've added highway pegs on the FJR I want rear brakes on the left hand so I don't need to move my foot back and forth.

Please keep me posted on your progress.

Thanks,

Granger

Zombi alert!

BestReactionToAZombieEver.gif

Check out the dates on the previous posts. Most of the players are no longer contributors on this forum.

Good Idea......Bad Idea! The good would be the symmetry and it would allow us to put hand guards on the bike like those that use the V-Strom guards on their "A" models. The bad would be that my other bike has a clutch and if I got on my AE and forgot that it was a brake and not a clutch I'd send my own stupid arse right over the bars.

The solution is simple. Cut off your left hand. Then you won't be reaching for air anymore.

You're welcome.

Hey, my FJR doesn't have a stick shift with a compound gear like my 3/4 ton Ford. Maybe I can rig something up to fix that.

Good God!!

Zombi alert!

Check out the dates on the previous posts. Most of the players are no longer contributors on this forum.
hey, at least the guy obviously did a search, something some people normally jump all over an FNG when they don't.

(Or maybe he read every post in this section :eek: )

Zombi alert!

hey, at least the guy obviously did a search, something some people normally jump all over an FNG when they don't.

(Or maybe he read every post in this section :eek: )
I've noticed that on other boards as well some think that post count = knowledge, wisdom, experience, etc. The only fool is the the one that subscribes to that theory.