FJRForum Official 2019 Iron Butt Rally Tracking/Analysis Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I haven't seen addressed is when can the riders who are not skipping the second checkpoint leave?? Since there's no scoring and they already have the leg three bonuses what do they have to stay for? Can they leave right after they've checked in? Wait until the 0400 riders meeting?
I don't have the packet, but I believe besides it being a mandatory bonus--the times and/or rest bonus...or other things will make it mirror as if it was a checkpoint and can't leave until 4 a.m. or maybe its a beefy rest bonus as well. I just get the impression for riders that didn't skip the CP....it's pretty much the same as it was...except for no scoring.

One thing I haven't seen addressed is when can the riders who are not skipping the second checkpoint leave?? Since there's no scoring and they already have the leg three bonuses what do they have to stay for? Can they leave right after they've checked in? Wait until the 0400 riders meeting?
I don't have the packet, but I believe besides it being a mandatory bonus--the times and/or rest bonus...or other things will make it mirror as if it was a checkpoint and can't leave until 4 a.m. or maybe its a beefy rest bonus as well. I just get the impression for riders that didn't skip the CP....it's pretty much the same as it was...except for no scoring.
What might the two conditions be to skip it?

"“CRITICALLY IMPORTANT NOTE” If you choose to skip the bonus in Kennewick on Sunday, June 23, 2019, you MUST INSTEAD successfully complete one of the two following items:"

Mandatory rest of a certain time period? Maybe a mandatory bonus somewhere no one wants to go, like Thetford Mines, QC?

Is every rider on the Spotwalla or only those that want to be public like in the past?

Only those that want to be public are on the tracker, 4 riders picked up points on the east coast lighthouse bonuses, but only two were on the Spotwalla.

Is every rider on the Spotwalla or only those that want to be public like in the past?
Most, but not all.

I believe they're required to give their tracker to the organizers to receive extra points, but not required for the public one we're seeing. It's just that most (including many leaders) do add themselves to the public one. But it may also be true they could remove themselves from that public page during the rally if they want.

CALL FOR HELP! Chris Purney (Tenere rider in this rally, but FJR forum member eeksnake) is in Hayfork, CA and was hit by a truck. He's OK, but bike isn't. He would like to still finish, but needs a bike...any bike. Sorting details now, but send me a PM if you're that one that could help west of Redding, CA...working with RM now for contact details. Thanks in advance!

Enjoy the rest of the spectacle all. It's been a blast as usual but I'm gonna be off the grid for the week.

CALL FOR HELP! Chris Purney (Tenere rider in this rally, but FJR forum member eeksnake) is in Hayfork, CA and was hit by a truck. He's OK, but bike isn't. He would like to still finish, but needs a bike...any bike. Sorting details now, but send me a PM if you're that one that could help west of Redding, CA...working with RM now for contact details. Thanks in advance!
That's Phil and Charlene's neighborhood, but they are in Alaska with John

Last edited by a moderator:
It's there, and much appreciated.

"IBR DAILY REPORTS

Report 10 of10 DAY 5, PART II: SAY WHAT?
AUTHOR: JOHN HARRISON
ORIGINALLY POSTED: JUNE 22 @ 7:15 AM"

As with most internet things, try diagnosing it. Try a different browser, try refreshing, try rebooting, try another device, try wrapping the antennae with aluminum foil, etc.
Yeah, I know...

I just get so darned excited about a new update!

Status
Not open for further replies.