FJR's for Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliick2

Reaction score
Friends, after just going through the "For Sale" listings I'm suprised at the amount of 2006's for sale.

I can understand the '03's thru '05's to upgrade -are the 2006's being replaced w/ other bikes or is

it situational(due to job loss or ?) Another possibility is that people may be unhappy w/the bike all

together because of no test rides,not being able to check out before purchase ? Sliick2

Winter is coming up and they're all looking to get rid of the 06 in lieu of an older model...in order to keep warm. :)

Now thats funny, unless you did a heat mod..lol

Probably because dealers get bombarded with requests to see the FJR or to have a model for them to sit on, but they get sold too fast when it hits the show room floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see an increase from last season....per capita. You gotta remember that this board has 3 times the size it was the same time last year (800 as of this date a year ago) and the Classified area has matured as being a popular place to sell your goods.

That said, I do get the impression there are more bikes on the market as Yamaha has been increasingly satisifying demand year to year.

I don't see an increase from last season....per capita. You gotta remember that this board has 3 times the size it was the same time last year (800 as of this date a year ago) and the Classified area has matured as being a popular place to sell your goods.
That said, I do get the impression there are more bikes on the market as Yamaha has been increasingly satisifying demand year to year.
Iggy has the right idea. 'Tis the season to unload bikes...period.

See, I even it out. I have BOTH an '04 and an '06 for sale. I'll ride one of them all season... maybe both. Since they are identical as far as the untrained eye. If LEO looks at the VIN, though, I'm screwed.

Ahhh, if I could only ride both at the same time.

It's ALL good!

Still, seems an inordinate number of 06s for sale lately. I wonder how many of them are just "eh, it's just not for me" kind of things.

I wonder if some of it isn't the unfortunate reality that, "now that I finally have it, how the heck am I going to pay for it." Some of us had to pay full MSRP if we wanted an 06 FJR, and we all know, that is a fair chunk of change.

Last spring, in this area there were a number of FJR's for sale that were sold by "cruiser riders".

These people are realy into cruisers but bought the FJR for some once in a lifetime, cross continent run, then sold them and went back to their cruisers.

There were a few GL1800 'Wings sold the same way.

Personally, I came from cruisers to FJR's and will never go back, but not everyone has this viewpoint.

+1 for "Oh Crap you mean I have to pay for this thing?"

If someone is strapped financially the bike is usually the first to go. I think the other thing that plays into this is people not doing their homework on insurance before the purchase and finding out nobody will insure them.

-jwilly

I think bikes are one of the first things to "try and get rid of" when you have a financial issue. Usually at the expense of the significant other. But the problem is there really are only a handful of good months out of the year around hear to sell a bike. The rest of the time it's not easy for lots of reasons unless you're going to take a bath.

A lot like a boat only not nearly as bad :eek:

I also think a lot of people jumped on 06's and didn't realize what they were getting into. It does seem to me like there were a lot of them for sale in the last few months. There sure weren't any used 06's up for grabs when I was lookin to make a purchase.

Ben lurking here a while and plan on buying a new FJR as soon as I know what the 07's are like. There are three dealers within 30 miles of me who have 3 brand new 06's sitting in their show rooms. I am so tempted to buy one of them but I'm affraid I'll want the 07 cause of nicer paint or better features or improvements.

Ben lurking here a while and plan on buying a new FJR as soon as I know what the 07's are like. There are three dealers within 30 miles of me who have 3 brand new 06's sitting in their show rooms. I am so tempted to buy one of them but I'm affraid I'll want the 07 cause of nicer paint or better features or improvements.
Well, you may like the paint better, but I wouldn't wait for any other stuff. History has shown us that Yamaha does changes on a 2 year cycle. So I wouldn't expect the 07 to be any different than the 06. Perhaps in 08 there will be some upgrades.

Now history has also shown us that the colors change every year, thought sometimes not all that much.

My advice is to get the FJR now. Just think of all the enjoyment you will be missing waiting on a new color that you might actually like less.

Carpe diem!

BTW, welcome to the madhouse!

I am so tempted to buy one of them but I'm affraid I'll want the 07 cause of nicer paint or better features or improvements.
After a major revamp for the '06 model, I wouldn't expect many "improvements". From '03 to '04 (Euro '01 to Euro '03) there was a windshield change, the turn signals moulded into the body, a glove compartment and for the running gear: larger front brakes and stiffer springs.

'04-'05: color change

The only thing I would expect is a color change for '07 (We should know pretty soon.) as Yamaha pretty much answered all the complaints from the previous years. Maybe they'll reverse the color schemes for the A vs. AE. :rofl:

This could be your time to get a suh-mokin' deal on an '06. :yahoo:

Edit: It looks like SkooterG and I are thinking alike and typing at the same time.

I am so tempted to buy one of them but I'm affraid I'll want the 07 cause of nicer paint or better features or improvements.
After a major revamp for the '06 model, I wouldn't expect many "improvements". From '03 to '04 (Euro '01 to Euro '03) there was a windshield change, the turn signals moulded into the body, a glove compartment and for the running gear: larger front brakes and stiffer springs.

'04-'05: color change

The only thing I would expect is a color change for '07 (We should know pretty soon.) as Yamaha pretty much answered all the complaints from the previous years. Maybe they'll reverse the color schemes for the A vs. AE. :rofl:

This could be your time to get a suh-mokin' deal on an '06. :yahoo:
+1 on the good deal Mike said. PM. <>< :good:

Seems to me that Yamaha increased production for '06. More new bikes eventually becomes more used bikes. From reading this board and others, what I don't think it is, is a mechanical issue. My 2 cents...

Concur with Skooter. If you like this paint a little bit, buy the bike. Unless you have a real hankering for red or something. I can't imagine much in the way of changes.

If there is an 06 A model on the floor. do yourself AND the dealer a favor and take the bike off their hands so they can make room for the 07's. A great bike and timing puts you in the driver seat (so to speak) in terms of a deal. What more could you ask for? My dealer even matched D&H on the pricing of the Y.E.S. extended warranty (389.00).

I've spoken to two of the dealers and they are rock steady on getting list for the bikes. Both of them have had the bikes for I guess three months now. The third dealer has the AE model and I'm not interested in that. I do like the blue color allot and would probably add the two stripes to it like the European models have and I also love the desert metallic color the the European guys have. I wish Yamaha would give us Americans the same choices. This forum is awesome by the way, I have learned allot and have spent hours researching the FJR all over the net....CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE ONE!!!!