Florida Ride To Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there at TB, but will be there just for the company. There are way better places to eat. Famous Phillie's down at the end of Nova Road and US1 Port Orange. Good food and not too loud. <snip>
I've been to the original place @ Nova Rd & US1 many times, but not lately. Great place for sure! In Port Orange I like going to Houlihans for their great wings.

You being a NSB resident, you should know Merks - I love that place! I don't go as much as I used to, but have been in there many times over the yrs.

Not much here in Mims, so I have to go to Titusville (blech!) or up to Edgewater/NSB. We usually choose to head north.........

I'll be there at TB, but will be there just for the company. There are way better places to eat. Famous Phillie's down at the end of Nova Road and US1 Port Orange. Good food and not too loud. <snip>
I've been to the original place @ Nova Rd & US1 many times, but not lately. Great place for sure! In Port Orange I like going to Houlihans for their great wings.

You being a NSB resident, you should know Merks - I love that place! I don't go as much as I used to, but have been in there many times over the yrs.

Not much here in Mims, so I have to go to Titusville (blech!) or up to Edgewater/NSB. We usually choose to head north.........
Hmmm... sounds like some future ride to eat, like maybe on the way to Tampa in November?

So...a thought for something to do later on Saturday. There's an air show north of Tampa in Wesley Chapel. They are planning on doing a night burn with the hot air balloons. It's pretty cool if you have never seen one. My plan, for when we are done at Daytona, is to head back west with the Tampa riders and catch the night burn. Maybe stay out that way for the night or head back late. Something to consider if anyone else is game.

https://www.festivalofflightwesleychapel.com/about-us.html

Merk's is also very good, usually weekends are busy because of the boat ramp across the street. It could work, say 1:30 or so. I'm open to whatever.

I'm going to be curious about how well attended this year's event will be. Last couple of years this event has dropped.

Yeah, not much in Mims, maybe the Raceway? Lol. T'ville has Dixie Crossroads and El Leoncito.

Just throwing out ideas.

Merk's is also very good, usually weekends are busy because of the boat ramp across the street. It could work, say 1:30 or so. I'm open to whatever. I'm going to be curious about how well attended this year's event will be. Last couple of years this event has dropped. Yeah, not much in Mims, maybe the Raceway? Lol. T'ville has Dixie Crossroads and El Leoncito. Just throwing out ideas.
Yes, I usually do Merks during the day. I like sitting on the side porch (outside) usually. Great spot; I like to stop by and say "hey" to Jennifer from time to time. Many long time employees and patrons there.

Hey, the Raceway is the hotspot of Mims!! Great beer selection there, and when you're overheated in the summer on the bike, the walk in beer cooler is a must.

Dixie Crossroads I haven't been to for quite some time. I used to live a couple of blocks behind it and am spoiled by what it used to be as in $$ for what you got. It's such a tourist place now I don't go unless someone I'm with or is visiting wants to go there. I used to know the woman that took the names for the list, so I'd call, she put my name on the list for however many I needed, then would get a call from her when it was ~10 minutes out - just enough time to walk over. Sadly, those days are gone.

Not too impressed with El Leoncito, but again haven't been there for awhile. Do you remember when one of the employees was doing videos of the women in the bathroom? It was at the old place - they've been in the "new" location for some time - the old BBQ place that caught fire (Porkys? iirc).

And speaking of BBQ - we do have Louis' in Mims! That's where I go from time to time - good stop. OH, and we also have the ice cream place that just opened on the north side; wifey & I stopped by there today on the way home from T'ville errands in the truck.

Hay all - I'd like to add something I forgot all about. I think I'm going to skip the Daytona TB meet, and instead go here after Orlando:

https://forums.delphiforums.com/FLlongriders/messages/?msg=2801.1

Ray King has put this on for a few yrs now at both Biketoberfest and Bikeweek. It's a good bunch of riders; Tony & I did it last yr along with Dave B aka Pale Rider.

The way I'm looking at is we are doing the IHOP meet in Orlando and then going to the Yamaha display w/ScooterG. I don't really need to look at them again in Daytona. With that said, anyone is welcome to this RTE in Flagler Bch. From Orlando we'd need to slab it I-4 to I-95 north to exit 278 and through Bulow and up, or up to 284 and backtrack.

I think this is what I'm going to do; you all can decide for yourself what's best for you.

In case the link above doesn't work - here's the details:

"Biketoberfest RTE

Date: Saturday, October 19th. Tire-kicking at 11:00 AM; doors open at 11:30.

Martin's Restaurant & Lounge

2000 South Oceanshore Blvd (A1A)

Flagler Beach, FL 32136

(386) 430-5830

N 29* 27.593' W081* 07.040'

(this is 1.6 mi south of SR 100)

Please post here or send me an email if you plan to attend so that we can give the restaurant a head count. Skyking96w AT gmail DOT com."

Great news Dave! It's been too long. I will be riding from the south and pending arrangements, meeting up with Jim in Mims.
Tony, let me know what timeframe you're looking at to be in Mims. I can be there waiting and head up with you guys.
If you are meeting me in Mims, we need to allow ~1 hour to get to the IHOP.

Great news Dave! It's been too long. I will be riding from the south and pending arrangements, meeting up with Jim in Mims.
Tony, let me know what timeframe you're looking at to be in Mims. I can be there waiting and head up with you guys.
Vic, Heading up to Mims so Jim can help change out my rear tire. (15+k and a nail) Mims is north of the Orlando turnoff, so then we will head south to the Orlando meet-up.

I will probably leave WPB very early as to give us time for the tire swap. You can ride up with me, but I doubt you'd want to.

Hay all - I'd like to add something I forgot all about. I think I'm going to skip the Daytona TB meet, and instead go here after Orlando:
https://forums.delphiforums.com/FLlongriders/messages/?msg=2801.1

Ray King has put this on for a few yrs now at both Biketoberfest and Bikeweek. It's a good bunch of riders; Tony & I did it last yr along with Dave B aka Pale Rider.

The way I'm looking at is we are doing the IHOP meet in Orlando and then going to the Yamaha display w/ScooterG. I don't really need to look at them again in Daytona. With that said, anyone is welcome to this RTE in Flagler Bch. From Orlando we'd need to slab it I-4 to I-95 north to exit 278 and through Bulow and up, or up to 284 and backtrack.

I think this is what I'm going to do; you all can decide for yourself what's best for you.

"Biketoberfest RTE

Flagler Beach, FL 32136

(386) 430-5830

Please post here or send me an email if you plan to attend so that we can give the restaurant a head count. Skyking96w AT gmail DOT com."
Jim, This sounds like an outstanding idea. Meet up with you in Mims for a tire swap- Ride to the Orlando meet-up- Wreck Skooters exhibit- ride to the King RTE

Then I might ride to the Biketoberfest. Count me in!

Vic, Heading up to Mims so Jim can help change out my rear tire. (15+k and a nail) Mims is north of the Orlando turnoff, so then we will head south to the Orlando meet-up.

I will probably leave WPB very early as to give us time for the tire swap. You can ride up with me, but I doubt you'd want to.

Hay all - I'd like to add something I forgot all about. I think I'm going to skip the Daytona TB meet, and instead go here after Orlando:https://forums.delphiforums.com/FLlongriders/messages/?msg=2801.1

"Biketoberfest RTE

Flagler Beach, FL 32136

(386) 430-5830

Jim, This sounds like an outstanding idea. Meet up with you in Mims for a tire swap- Ride to the Orlando meet-up- Wreck Skooters exhibit- ride to the King RTE

Then I might ride to the Biketoberfest. Count me in!
That sounds like a good plan. I'll already be in Sanford spending the night at my nieces house on the 16th. That's a straight shot for me on SR 46 to Mims. What time were you planning on being there? It'll take me about 45 minutes and I'll be there. I'd say, text me when you get there and I'll take off. By the time your tire is done I should be there. I actually wouldn't mind seeing the tire get done. I might learn something. That RTE sounds like fun! :) Cell # 561-248-4343

Hmmm... 8am breakfast -1 hour ride from Mims-2 hour Tire swap time

-2+ hour ride to Mims

= 5+ hours

I will be riding out of WPB around 2:30 am

Hope to see you all there!
Might be a little more than 2 hours from WPB to Mims. But, maybe that's just me! :) Just text me when you get there. I'll be ready to go!

T, I was thinking you wanted to do the tire afterwards. If you want to do it before, then we're looking at you being here (and more importantly, me awake and in the garage!) at 0500. I know you work nights, so probably no go to get here the evening before.

We'll do what we got to do! 2 hr is plenty of time, but 'ole Murphy has a way of slowing things down sometimes LOL.

T, I was thinking you wanted to do the tire afterwards. If you want to do it before, then we're looking at you being here (and more importantly, me awake and in the garage!) at 0500. I know you work nights, so probably no go to get here the evening before.
We'll do what we got to do! 2 hr is plenty of time, but 'ole Murphy has a way of slowing things down sometimes LOL.
I am going to pull the nail and plug it tomorrow. See how well it keeps air. Before - After makes no difference to me, I have 15k on the tire and it looks like it could roll another 3k.

Are you doing Daytona after the King RTE?

I am going to pull the nail and plug it tomorrow. See how well it keeps air. Before - After makes no difference to me, I have 15k on the tire and it looks like it could roll another 3k.

Are you doing Daytona after the King RTE?
Yes, Daytona.

And looking at making the RTE in Flagler Bch means little time in Orlando, so we'll see how it goes.

Lemme know how the plug goes; we'll do what we have to do.

So the plan as it stands now is for a small group to ride from Mike to IHOP in Orlando for breakfast, then to the Yamaha thingy at the AIM event. What time are you planning on leaving Mims?

So the plan as it stands now is for a small group to ride from Mike to IHOP in Orlando for breakfast, then to the Yamaha thingy at the AIM event. What time are you planning on leaving Mims?
We have to leave here by 7 to be @ IHOP by 8. Oh, and bring your Sunpass, that's the quickest way over; if not then either pay at the toll booths (not bad if no traffic/lines) or do the Colonial Dr stoplight dance for a long ways!

I guess we need to find out when AIM expo opens and if where we need to go is outside (I'd think so if they're doing demos!). That's a quick drop down I-4 to the Beachline, or maybe there's a good in-town non freeway route, but as far as I know we're back in lights again getting down there w/o lotsa lights.

I'll need to leave there @ 10 to make the Flagler beach thing @ 11, then can meet back up with everyone else somewhere in Daytona after that - probably 2 or so I'd guess.

Last edited by a moderator: