Florida Riders Meeting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday is good for me too, Everett, Bradenton is a good 4-5 hr. from Palatka so come up the day before( spare bedroom here). or we'll do the next ride your way later. Amen for the weather Dan, this is our payback for the steamy summer!

Hi Guys,

I'd like to get in on the action with you all but I've spent so much time in the mountains lately that I HAVE to devote a little time to my business right now. I will be game for anything that comes up starting about three weeks from now. I'll follow the board and try and catch the future action. Safe riding to you all.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Tom, Good to hear from you. I understand about the work issue. I have the same problem....spreading myself a little thin. Call me if you just want to ride for a hour or so one evening. I'll be glad to follow you around town for coffee. Debbie says hi!

Wade

So is this final yet?. Sun Oct 05 "the Subway parking lot in Palatka, FL on Hwy 20 next to the St. Johns River at 8:30AM". :D :D need about 50 bikes to show up :yahoo:

Thats the place, if the cold front comes through friday as predicted we should have a great day. See you all there!

Next weekend is our club's big Peanut Festival Party in Dothan. It is at the Quality Inn. Friday (10 NOV) night party, Saturday parade and dice run, then party again Saturday night. Good times if you are interested. So this weekend I have second officer duties to take care of or I would be there. But 17-21 Nov I will be riding to Homestead for the last NASCAR race and then on to Key West before heading home. You guys have a great ride and take care. Tim. :)

How many are confirmed "IN"? I am trying to re-arrange some things so that I can make it. Sounds like a great day to me.

OK, now for the current bad news I've been holding off posting figuring it wouldn't be an issue. Previous to my trip to FL, I prepared my dealer to get my AE' squared away with the shift actuator recall. Long story short, delivered the bike to the dealer nine days ago, they do the torque test to the shift actuator and it fails so the part is ordered on Friday of last week (took them three days to get to my bike). When the new part arrives, the bike repair will take about an hour. My wife and I will be very bummed if it's not ready in time. We have only two more weekends together before I drive back to TX and were looking forward to this outing. I will be making my daily phone call today and tomorrow and will keep y'all posted. I sure apologize for starting something I can't finish. :( :angry:

I doubt that I could get a loaner from the dealer.

gitterdan

Please don't make that a problem. Just place the ice box in the car and drive with us. A cold drink will always be appreciated. Who knows a chase vehicle might be a blessing on Sunday. Besides, you will not want to miss your farewell party.

See you on Sunday.

glen.

I'm in but I need to be back by 2:30 for my little girls birthday so I might not be able to do the whole ride depending on the route and duration. See you Sunday...

Its about time we decide who is riding and how far.

Seems like we have Pickax, RoadGlide, mrrjax, ock913, my two sons and I, as definite.

E1Allen, rockmurf, as probable.

gitterdan as chase vehicle, probable.

RoadGlide it seems like the other feejers have skipped town for the weekend :(

Now it's up to Pickax or RoadGlide to plan the route.

See youall on Sunday 0830.

Glen

I've got a couple ideas on the route depending on the groups preferences. The longer route would be across to Cedar key on the west coast(good seafood)which would be an all day trip. A shorter loop down through Northern Ocala and the national forest would take about 5-6 hrs. I'll bring a map with both routes marked and we'll decide once gathered. The subway shoud be close to the base of the St. johns river bridge on the noth side. If out business there is a Holiday Inn on the N/E

river bank as an alternate. Keeping fingers crossed Dans part arrives!

Keeping fingers crossed Dans part arrives!
Would you believe, as soon as I read that last sentence, the phone rang, my part came in late yesterday evening and will be driving it out of the shop this PM. :yahoo:

gitterdan :beach:

Hey Guys-

How 'bout one more? The wife is working and it should be a perfect day for riding. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Anybody know "fjrflyer" in Orlando? I had his number a while back and lost it. PM'd w/ no response and know he'd probably be up for a ride.

Sounds like a great day to ride. I'll see you folks at 8:30. The wife wants to tag along but also wants it a few degrees warmer. The 5-6 hour ride thru the Ocala area sounds like the best bet. I need to be home by around 6 at the latest....but I'll go with the group and break off whenever I need to.

Matt, Nice to hear from you. Call me if you want to ride down to the meeting place in the am.

Wade

weather for tomorrow some rain

Will be back around 11:30PM tonight to see if you guys/gals are brave enough... I will carry some rain gear just in case and it will not stop us unless it's cancelled.

Dan

No one cancels for a 30% chance of rain....that's a 70% chance that we'll have great weather! If they do cancel for that reason, no one on this forum will ever let them live it down.

Latest posts