• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOBO TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) -- GROUP BUY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdman2010

Reaction score
Everyone, my friend had two flat tires in two weeks -- really bad luck! As a result, I decided that I need a TPMS on my FJR. I googled this forum and the Internet and I found out about the FOBO TPMS.

On the ST-Owners.com, where I also belong, I found out about the FOBO TPMS. On the link below, you will see that you can send the company an email and tell them about the Group Buy. If you do, they will give you a $20 discount. They will sell you the sensors for $79. Alternatively, you can get the sensors plus two T-Valves for $95. You also get your choice of color for the sensors and for the T-Valves: Black or Silver.

The HawksHead TPMS was my second choice. It is a nice system. However, I do not want another item on my FJR dash. The FOBO uses your smartphone (iOS or Android) as the "head unit". If your tire pressure is low, the app will start beeping and it will alert you. If you want to check your tire pressure before a ride or at a gas station, you simply open the app.

Here is the link for more info: https://my-fobo.com/Product/FOBOBIKE

Here is the ST-Owners.com link: https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?149594-Fobo-Bluetooth-Tpms-(show-of-interest)

Here is a link here on FJRForum.com for more information: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/169222-positioning-to-check-tire-pressures/page-3?hl=fobo

Here is the email that I received from FOBO:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, November 25, 2016 at 6:17 PM
To: <edit>
Cc: "FOBO (Salutica Allied Solutions)" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: FOBO: Feedback [Enquiries]

Dear Sir,

Thanks for contacting us.

Please take note, T-valves can fit on your bike but you have to ensure the clearance of T-valve installed with sensor from other part of the bike.

Follow the below link for T -valve and sensor dimensions:

https://my-fobo.com/Product/FOBOBike#specification

Yes, we can offer you 1 FOBO Bike set + 2 T-valves at the price of USD 95. We will send you PayPal link for the payment and upon payment confirmation we will process the shipment.

Kindly provide the below information:

Name:
Address:
Contact number:
FOBO bike colour : Black or Silver
T-valve colour: Black or silver

Let us know if you are ok with it so that we can arrange PayPal link for you. Please provide your PayPal email.

Best regards,
Sameer Thakur

I have corresponded with Sameer. They are very responsive to questions. My FoboBike has been one of the best things I've done to the bike. Works perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see you can buy the T-stems in black now. That's not to say breaking out the tumbler and finding a warm place to hang and use the ol' rattle-can wasn't time well spent either.
no2.gif

Say guys, is this still the way to fly?? Thinking with the t valves, sensor on top?? Is that how people are installing these?? I did purchase angled stems, I can just use those on my other bike, if the t valves are the way to go

My c14 had sensors, I miss that feature.

Any thoughts would be great!!

Thanks!!

The T-valves are the way to go. I unscrew the little side cap, add air, screw it back on. I do not have to touch the TPS caps. I love the black FOBO sensor caps with the black T-valves. Best $95 that I have spent on my FJR! I check my air on a regular basis and add a little air when I it gets low. When I am on a ride, I know that the FOBO system will alert me if the tire pressure gets lower than my set low limit.

I added the T-valves last tire change. It has worked very well and I have only had 2 problems with it.

1) The battery life has dropped dramatically since the temps have been in single digits here lately. Not a big deal but something to be aware of if you live somewhere cold. At least they are inexpensive and easy to swap.

2) My bedroom is over the garage and apparently within Bluetooth range since I have been woken up by my phone alerting me to low tire pressure when a cold front rolled in when my pressures were near my configured alert level.

Actually, I consider that second "issue" a good thing since I knew to get ready for work early enough to put a bit of air in the tire.
rolleyes.gif

Seriously, I've been running FOBO almost a year and really like knowing my tires are good to go.

ok... I just sent FOBO an email about the group buy. I didn't mention which forum I was a member of in that email. Sameer responded and wants to know which motorcycle forum I am a member of. Does FJRForum.com have a deal with them for a group buy of is it ONLY the ST forum that is mentioned in an earlier thread???

Everyone, I got this price as an official Group Buy for members of the FJRForum.com! Richouse was concerned that FOBO would not give him the Group Buy price. So, I sent FOBO an email to make everything official! I bought the sensors plus T-Valves. I had the T-Valves installed on my last tire change (local RideNow dealership). The sensors work great with my Android phone! The sensors are also compatible with Apple phones. I ordered black sensors and black T-Valves to match the rims on my 2015 FJR. You can also order silver sensors and/or T-Valves. The T-Valves make it really easy to adjust the air pressure without removing the sensors. REMEMBER to point the T-Valve AWAY from the kickstand so it will be easier to add air to your tire. Here is a picture of my bike rim:

FOBO_w_Tvalve.png

Here is my email to FOBO and their response:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sameer,

I am very happy with my FOBO Bike units. Thank you. You gave me a discount because I belong to the ST-Owners.com forum. However, I would like to offer the Group Buy to my friends on the FJRForum.com forum. If my friends on the FJRForum.com forum send you an email, would you give them the same $20 discount that you gave me for being an ST-Owners.com member? I would like to post this message on the FJRForum.com forum:

Everyone, our forum, FJRForum.com, is now part of the Group Buy for the FOBO TPS systems! If you go to https://my-fobo.com and mention that you belong to FJRForum.com, they will give you a $20 discount as part of the Group Buy. They will sell you the FOBO Bike sensors for $79. Alternatively, you can get the sensors plus two T-Valves for $95. You also get your choice of color for the sensors and for the T-Valves: Black or Silver. I love my sensors and I strongly recommend the product.

Sameer, would you allow my friends on FJRForum.com to participate in the Group Buy for the FOBO sensors?

Thank you!

Rick

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Yes, we will offer the same discount for FJRForum.com. Kindly advise the group members to write directly to us and give reference of the forum.

They can contact us directly @ [email protected]

Thanks

Sameer

I did send them an email saying I was interested in a set of sensors and T-Valves and they wanted to know which forum I was a member of. This was before it was made "official" but before I could respond they sent me another email saying they would honor it and sent me a PayPal invoice for $95. I sent the $95 and they would have been delivered today but no one was home to sign for them. Hopefully they will be redelivered tomorrow.

Oh and a BIG thanks to Birdman "Rick" for making it official!!!

I can't wait to get these on and working!

Richouse, we must have ordered the same day. I am sitting here with a FedEx door tag. I've downloaded the app and am waiting for the caps. Sounds like a nice setup.
Ha! I'm sitting here with my 2nd door tag... I missed the delivery again today... I'm just going to go pick it up at the address provided on the tag. It's only a few miles away. Stinks that I have to wait until after 5 though.

While service is not likely to be necessary, Twopack (as he is affectionately known, in my imagination) Thakur and his team are super responsive to questions or concerns. They got my vote before I ever got the kit, and I've been using it for a lot of miles now.

I agree regarding their excellent customer service. I bought two set ups for my two bikes. Both work fine, but they do go through batteries often. Maybe two per year? Just a guess. Regardless, the batteries are cheap and easy to replace. Not like my buddies Concours which requires breaking tire beads and a soldering iron to replace the battery which is on the inner end of the valve stem.

There wasn't a Group Buy in place when I bought mine but still I was happy with the deal. Two sensors and 2 Tee Stems for $115 delivered. Sameer was a joy to deal with.

Best hurry on this offer. There may be yuuuge tariffs in the near future on goods from the Pacific Rim. Oops, was that too political?

I was fortunate, Fedex man dropped mine off. They look really nice.

Now if someone can explain how i ordered something from Malaysia on the evening of Thursday the 19th and Fedex had warnings about a storm delaying packages, yet they tried to deliver on the 23rd....I've had packages take that long for instate delivery.

Nice people to deal with and for $95 the piece of mind is way worth it.

Never mind...I just found the downloadable instruction manual which talks about it.....

I got mine today as well... I'm assuming the batteries are NOT already installed since it came with 2 batteries packaged with it... I can't find a tutorial on how to install the batteries. Do the sensors just unscrew apart?