• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: Complete, running, 2008 FJR for parts.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ J

Reaction score
Long story, but I have a 2008 FJR that I cant register and ex wife wont send me the title, she told me to junk it. She lives 3,000 miles away and we havnt been together for over 6yrs. So I have this 08 FJR that I (we) bought new in 08, I rode it almost everyday for 3yrs, it has 20k on it, I cant register it, I ride it occasionally, but dont want to risk getting pinched. I have the side bags with it, it has aftermarket bar ends/cruise control, aftermarket trunk, bracket, and seat back pad, that I got off one the fjrforum members (he fabricates them) Runs great, needs tuneup, tires still very good. Its a shame because its so much fun to ride and comfortable, but for past few years its just been in the way in the garage. It also has Scorpio Alarm system that I dont use, its still connected on the bike, just disabled. I have all kinds of proof that I am original purchaser. Im trying to sell as a whole for $2,000 obo, before I resort to piecing it out. If anyones interested, pm me and Ill give my #. Im located in CT I have pics, etc etc. Its Raven Black AE (NOT THE AUTOMATIC)

In Texas there is the concept of a Bonded title when the original owner has "lost the title". You can't do something like that !

In Pennsylvania, owners can apply for a duplicate title like SCOTTIE mentioned. I would question the DMV in your state before going the part out route.

In Texas there is the concept of a Bonded title when the original owner has "lost the title". You can't do something like that !
Yeah, I’m in CT and she’s in CA. I’ve been trying to figure the best way to part with it, even doing a “lost title”, won’t work. Her exact words when I tried to talking to her a month ago about it, was to junk it. Shame.

Well mines not running and yours is. ABS light flashes and she won't start worth a dam. 98K on mine. Before you part it out let me know.

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the potential buyer can reach out to the ex. Sending the title to a 3rd party maybe worth sending her a 100 or so

Yeah, I’m in CT and she’s in CA. I’ve been trying to figure the best way to part with it, even doing a “lost title”, won’t work. Her exact words when I tried to talking to her a month ago about it, was to junk it. Shame.
Is her name on the title? If not, apply for a lost / stolen title. If is is, that was an expensive lesson. But then, so is divorce. (I know, I have been through two of them.
omg2.gif
)

There is something VERY wrong with this thread. The OP will not even answer about whether his is the only name on the title.

I would be extremely careful about buying anything from a bike where ownership cannot be proven and the seller won't answer basic questions.

Mods might want to take note, too.

My $0,02, YMMV.

I have been in discussions with Russ so maybe that is the reason he is not responding. I have been sick the last few days and haven't been able to get back to him. I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions yet.

Dave

I talked to OP on the phone about this. Title is in Xs name only as i understand it.
If that is the case, and the ex is so spiteful that she is telling him to "junk it", then I would not touch it with a 10-foot pole. Who is to say that she will not go after people for receiving stolen goods?

It's very sad, but sounds as if the OP is stuck.