Forum Ride to Baja California Norte con Chuy Medina!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No passport for me. Too late. But I have subscribed to this forum so I'll watch for futre events.

DK

Don you have wayyyyy to much free time on your hands....

R
Sir Richard, I am having the time of my life being retired! I had told myself for many years that I would work for Metro Mechanical until I was 72 years old and I really meant that. Then Johnson Controls bought out my MOM and POP family.

Twas a happy place to work: Became Hell-Hole in 18 months; I stuck it out that long with JCI until it was Adios Tu Pendejos!!

Pulled the work pin at 60.5 years and long as my "motorcycle mad money" holds out I'm going to ride mi moto everywhere!!

Bump Reminder for Mexico Motorcycle Marauders for this Viernes: 1) 0600 departure from Love's Chandler I-10 Truck Stop.

2) On 10/9 0700 departure from McDonald's Gila Bend. 3) 0900 stop Yuma to pick up our Canadian amigo David-dashbaw, breakfast and fuel. Don't forget your passport, I'm wearing mine around my neck. Ride and Party Hearty in Mexico! Fiesta!

Oh Mexico, sounds so groovy mon I just want to go! (thanks to James Taylor) Fabulous time, great weather and lots of fun!

Greg - SkooterG, Jane - GS Jane, Brian - El Jefe, Melanie - La Reina, Bob - El Doktor, Barry - BearTrax, David - Dashbaw, Henry - Enrique and BeemerDonS - Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" had wonderful time in Baja partying and riding motos.

Only 1,300 miles total over 4 days, but some of best two lane twisties to be ridden in Mexico. Mas amigos y mas caminos!!!

Weather was perfect for this trip. First 2 nights in Ensenada and last night in San Felipe. And Mexico won the soccer match!

Delicious lunch at La Bufadora Saturday and some shopping for goodies. Riding over the mountain ranges was phenomenal.

Entered Tecate and exited at Sonoita. Chuy was able to return his Moto's Vehicle Permit and his Tourist Card. Ah, Mexico!!!

Dam, I wish I had got in on this one. My loss. Anyone have photos?
jordylad, I know Skooty took a lot of pictures and hopefully he'l have a chance to put them up here. Brian Boles also took a bunch and he will put them up at the AZ Beemers website; I will put up a link to them when they are available for viewing.

SkooterG and I spoke at length about repeating our Cabo San Lucas, Baja MEX run of November 2004. May do it April 2010

Great pictures Don, it's easy to see you guys had a great time once again.

Hey, there's Don with a drink......wait a minute, there's Don in the pool...whoops, there he is with another drink!!

Looks like a good time was had by all.. Well with the exception of Scooter an the margarita :lol: poor lil fella :lol:

Can't drink the manly stuff eh Greg? :p

:jester:

Damn, that looks like it was a good time.

Oh, to be somewhere warm, and hanging on a beach, and swimming in the sea.

And the tortas and tamales at the street vendors - I'd guess it was Robusto heaven.

Nice. Real nice, beemerdons.

Last edited by a moderator: