Four Harley's vs a Lexus

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawinter

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
Tuesday afternoon here in Denver Four Harley riders were hit by a driver of a lexus that ran a red light.

They had the green ( as if that matters ) and were in the intersection when a black lexus made a turn from a side street right into them.

They were not wearing helmets but none suffered head injuries.

all had broken bones and the most serious had numerous internal injuries and had to have his spleen removed.

Thankfully the accident occured at the intersection right in front of Denver General Hospital and the Emergency room Personnel responded within seconds.

The rider right behind them witnessed the accident and was so shaken he said on the news he wasen't sure how he was going to get his bike home. He didn't want to ride it.

No one was killed but I think the bitch driving the Lexus needs her right to drive revoked at the least.

I didn't know any of the riders but that really doesn't matter.

Pay attention folks, cages really don't expect to see motorcycles during the Winter so please all you winter riders be extra carefull.

I am.

No Crap.

Today, driving a 1 ton dualie Dodge truck I had an idiot pull out *right* in front of me. I had a full green. Left-hand-turner had full red. Nothing to do but mash the brakes, watch the coffee and briefcase get airborne, feel the pulsating ABS brakes, watch the idiot just barely slide by. Maybe having 6 contact patches helps.

And that's in a freakin' truck that this happened? By comparison, a bike is soo much smaller and less visible with tiny contact patches.

The only difference is, in the 1-ton I really don't care if I tag someone at low to medium speeeds.. I will walk away the majority of the times. Not so on a bike.

Pay attention guyz and and galz, 'IDTenT's' (IDIOTS) are everywhere.

We've had a string of warm days here in the Mid-Atlantic and I was out just after dark night before last. It doesn't even feel right - that might sound dumb, but I was wishing it was a little lighter - enough for the modulators to be on.

And is it just me but do I see a lot of bikes on warm winter days, but almost none after the sun goes down?

I am out there tonight (6:30) on 81 South riding from Roanoke Va. to Blacksburg to teach at VTech, passing the 18wheelers and this :asshat: in a pickup is on my tail like I'm going too slow,, I'm doin 80, passing a rig, so I give G5 a twist, slingshot around the rig pull over into the right lane, so Mr Asshat can go by ,,, what does he do?? he pulls in behind me!!

Tuesday I passed several LOES and a tow truck, they had several lanes closed, as I passed I looked over to see what used to be a Suzuki, and a large red spot I assume was blood, local news said a man died from injuries at the scene where a 35 year old woman driving an SUV ran him into the guard rail while talking on her cell phone,

they are out there to kill you if they can!!!!!!!!

I am out there tonight (6:30) on 81 South riding from Roanoke Va. to Blacksburg to teach at VTech, passing the 18wheelers and this :asshat: in a pickup is on my tail like I'm going too slow,, I'm doin 80, passing a rig, so I give G5 a twist, slingshot around the rig pull over into the right lane, so Mr Asshat can go by ,,, what does he do?? he pulls in behind me!!
Tuesday I passed several LOES and a tow truck, they had several lanes closed, as I passed I looked over to see what used to be a Suzuki, and a large red spot I assume was blood, local news said a man died from injuries at the scene where a 35 year old woman driving an SUV ran him into the guard rail while talking on her cell phone,

they are out there to kill you if they can!!!!!!!!
I absolutely hate that stretch of road, even in the car. That last 10 miles into blacksburg is horrible, and people in Virginia can't drive!

[SIZE=8pt]Not that people ANYWHERE can drive...[/SIZE]

If convicted, that'll prolly cost her 4 weekends of community service. Or, maybe the judge will determine whe's already provided her community service? I mean, really, Janklow is back "in business" isn't he?

And, yes, I am cynical!

slapnpop,

a great majority of people driving in that 10 mile section are students from Radford U and Tech, and truckers who think they own the road, so it is very dangerous, I usualy use US 11/460, but when I am running late I have to use 81

If convicted, that'll prolly cost her 4 weekends of community service.
I think she should lay in the middle of the street, and four bikers get to ride over her face.

a 35 year old woman driving an SUV ran him into the guard rail while talking on her cell phone
I think people who cause accidents because of cell phones should have a cell phone launched at their face.

:angry01: :angry02: :angry03: :axed:

I feel better now.

I was an undergrad and grad at Virginia Tech in the mid to late 80's. What subject do you teach galxy5? I was an engineering major... Need to get back up to that area... haven't been there in probably a decade.