Foxy Lady

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
Can you see her? She came through my yard and stayed for a rest.

IMG_2528.jpg

Here's a close up.

IMG_2531.jpg

Hey you are going the wrong way! Turn around and go eat the damn rooster my neighbor has who loves to start going off about 3:30 am :angry:

IMG_2532.jpg

Looks like it's all she can do to keep her eyes open in the second pic. Guess she isn't scared of your watch "frogs"!

Last edited by a moderator:
From that last pic, me thinks "she" is a "he." Either way, pretty fox. It's cool to watch what animals will do when they don't know they are being watched.

Gray Foxes have very distinct coloration and are very handsome, nice pics!!

Maybe he'll get the rooster next circle through your yard!! Good luck with that.

Nice shots and nice fox. Now if only a lion would come through our neighborhood and get the dogs next door that bark all night long in the back yard.

Looks like it's all she can do to keep her eyes open in the second pic. Guess she isn't scared of your watch "frogs"!
Ya it was diggin' the warm sun for sure. These foxes are getting real common in these parts, wish they figure out feral cats taste like the chicken.

From that last pic, me thinks "she" is a "he." Either way, pretty fox. It's cool to watch what animals will do when they don't know they are being watched.
It wouldn't let me lift a tail to find out- unlike some of the expert sheep herders around here ;)

Gray Foxes have very distinct coloration and are very handsome, nice pics!!

Maybe he'll get the rooster next circle through your yard!! Good luck with that.
Man I would feed that Fox for life if it took out the Rooster, they are just rude birds :angry:

Nice shots and nice fox. Now if only a lion would come through our neighborhood and get the dogs next door that bark all night long in the back yard.
That really is a pretty picture. Thanks.

Was talking to some people a couple miles from where I live and they recently had 3 wolves in their area. Now there is a critter that will beat up on other critters. The local elk herds are way down in numbers and you never see a coyote in Yellowstone Park but what it isn't scrawny and looking over its shoulder all the time.

See you at NAFO, Doug?

7X Fred

Funny you should mention lions. I live 10 miles north of St. George, UT in a deer winter range. Lots of deer here. As you know in the west, if there's lots of deer there's typically some lions too!

In 1996 there was a neighbor, about 200 yards away who owned a goat that would bleat (make the "WAAAH" sound) all day long. I grew a bit weary of that, and I'd bet other neighbors did too. I also know that some forum members are partial to goats, but I'm not among them. This neighbor also owned two boxer dogs that marauded around the neighborhood harassing folks, barking, chasing cars, etc.. I didn't care for them much.

So, one winter's eve a lion jumps into the neighbors yard and kills the goat, and the two boxers confront the lion, and they get killed too!!! The cougar escapes unscathed!!

Now, I'm a wildlife manager for Arizona, who lives in Utah. You might imagine that the neighborhood was in an uproar after this incident and some folks came to me asking for help to hunt down and kill the lion. I would explain that I did not work for Utah, and thus could take no action.

Then I would comment that I didn't understand what the problem was!!

As far as I was concerned, that lion was a good lion!!

Thanks!

That really is a pretty picture. Thanks.

Was talking to some people a couple miles from where I live and they recently had 3 wolves in their area. Now there is a critter that will beat up on other critters. The local elk herds are way down in numbers and you never see a coyote in Yellowstone Park but what it isn't scrawny and looking over its shoulder all the time.

See you at NAFO, Doug?

7X Fred
Thanks Fred, can't get enough time off in the summer. Would like to make CFO this fall.

We do have large Kitties in our area too, one ate a woman back in the 90's about a half hour away from here in Cool, Ca. :eek:

We do have large Kitties in our area too, one ate a woman back in the 90's about a half hour away from here in Cool, Ca. :eek:
Yebbuttttt......IIRC, she was jogging on a wilderness bike trail at dusk.

Uhmmmmm.....DOH!!

Freakin' city-dwellers move to the country (In this case, the Sierra foothills and gold country) and expect the wildlife to conform to their schedule and activities. Good luck with that!