Frank has issues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,replaced #4 injector yesterday, after throwing Big Snappy at Franks bungholes and finding HC cranked way up again. Though I now have no idea what to set the CO at on #4, Frank runs altogether differently. Smooth, responsive, fast. I'll put him on the analyzer again this week and just disconnect injectors to fine tune the CO settings. Sure nice to have spares lying around. ;)

Rad,

Glad to hear you got things worked out with Frank.

How are you going to test the CO settings without the Injectors injectors? Just wondering...oh...do you have a Snappy for sale??? Must me nice!

Frank has the PCIII, the Barb mod of course, and pretty much everything that is available short of Boost unt Nitrous ya. I, like so many, am prone to "worst scenario syndrome", especially when it comes to my pal. After I finish up some work on another FJR, I'm off to the shop to do a full Snappy hook up and test set, since I have it out and ready, you'd think for 40 g's I would be able to just point the thing at him and wait for the diagnosis. Stupid machines....... :p
LOL. Just like we moved into a multimillion dollar facility and we have stupid network crashes that force us to do all our transactions by hand. DOH!

Sounds like your injectors are being told to throw the same amount of fuel as before (though the new one may be cleaner?)... How do the spark plugs look now?

Things are better, but not great. #4 still has higher HC and lower CO2 than 1 through 3. Fed him a slug of Seafoam tonight, introduced via the TBS port, then went for a FAST ride, averaging 100 mph for about 30 miles each way with a dose in the tank. We'll see tomorrow if there's any improvement, if not?????? You know, I had Iridiums in him, and, listening to all the "those plugs are good for XXXXX miles" posts, hadn't looked at them for about 8K. Had I done my usual check at 3-4 thou, I would have caught this sooner. Only when I started digging deeper into the vibe problem did I pull them, and #4 looked like I used coal for fuel. I doubt it did the rings, piston crown, valves, or cyl wall any favors. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Replaced my Iridiums at 26K. All looked surprisingly the same, and that is very good. Only issue if you can call it that was all 4 plugs had opened their gaps anywhere from 3 to 4 thousands. They went in at exactly .028 and they all came out at .031 to .032. Center electrode appears to have experienced some deterioration as can be expected. Denso was the last brand, I am trying out NGKs this time.

Latest posts