Frazier Park, Cerro Noroeste and the famous "33"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barabus

Reaction score
Start at Lake Hughes at 10AM

Citgo

27680 Lake Hughes Rd

Castaic, CA 91384

661-257-0831

A senic 153 mile loop drops us off at Carpinteria (not pronounced like "carpet")

FrazierParkCerroNoroeste33.jpg

Additional information to follow. Maybe some locals have a lunch spot and some good senic turnouts for some pictures.

Mark your calendars and see you there.

Barry,

I'm tossin' an idea out there for you and TWN (knows the area well).

How about an early morning (dawn) start from HB and meeting..........let's say in Summerland at the cafe and having a good sit down breakfast. Most excellent food. About seven miles north from Carpinteria. I think they open early.

Follow Sheffield Dr. to E. Valley, Foothill to Casitas Pass pick up Hwy 150 and do your route in reverse..........

I can run all day on a good breakfast and easy return for TWN and us southern fried folks. A cool drink and I'm headed home.

Just an idea.......send you the route idea E-Mail.

WW's FJR

Larry

Why, Barry even has Stacky's Seaside's Lat/Lon plugged into his Greta! ;)

You guys are killing me. Just had a salad to "make up" for the chilli that I had on everything at Pink's and you go and mention Stacky's Seaside. We need to find some healthier places to eat. We need some little guys like John Dumke selecting our lunch choices. LOL

Seriously, I am looking forward to this ride and getting back on Cerro Noroeste. My bet is that many SoCal riders have not been on this or the 33 and they might just apprieciate this great route.

Check your E-Mail Amigo.........

No chili and cheese dogs on this menu unless it might

be in an omelete........Yumm.

I even sent the menu.

WW's FJR

Citgo

27680 Lake Hughes Rd

Castaic, CA 91384

661-257-0831

A senic 153 mile loop drops us off at Carpinteria (not pronounced like "carpet")

FrazierParkCerroNoroeste33.jpg

Additional information to follow. Maybe some locals have a lunch spot and some good senic turnouts for some pictures.

Mark your calendars and see you there.

[SIZE=14pt]If I can get up early enough, I'd like to do this one![/SIZE]

You guys are killing me. Just had a salad to "make up" for the chilli that I had on everything at Pink's and you go and mention Stacky's Seaside. We need to find some healthier places to eat. We need some little guys like John Dumke selecting our lunch choices. LOL
Hey, it takes a lot of work to be a skinny dude. Just 4 simple rules.

1) work out, alot, everyday. 2) don't drink or smoke. 3) if it's bad for you, don't eat it. 4) make love to your wife, alot.

If I die from a coronary or cancer at a young age, I am going to be really pissed. :biggrinsmiley:

That will be a great ride, very little traffic, lots of speed!

Hey, it takes a lot of work to be a skinny dude. Just 4 simple rules.

1) work out, alot, everyday. 2) don't drink or smoke. 3) if it's bad for you, don't eat it. 4) make love to your wife, alot.

If I die from a coronary or cancer at a young age, I am going to be really pissed. :biggrinsmiley:

That will be a great ride, very little traffic, lots of speed!
Uh, I don't understand rules 1-3. As to 4, you are a sick bastard and a disgrace to husbands all over the world. Maybe you have not been married long enough? Why the hell would you want to do that?

See, if I die early, then I deserve it. However, if I live longer then I win. LOL. In all honesty, lost 3lbs this week and I am getting on the Nordic Track despite having a nasty head cold!

Last edited by a moderator:
I could meet you guys at the Flying J truck stop on I 5 at noon to join you for the run over Cerro Noerste and Lockwood Valley/33?

What time, 11:30?

I could meet you guys at the Flying J truck stop on I 5 at noon to join you for the run over Cerro Noerste and Lockwood Valley/33?
KJ,

Would love to have you along. Our only definite gathering point is at:

Citgo
27680 Lake Hughes Rd
Castaic, CA 91384
661-257-0831
I am not sure where Flying J is, but if it is at Frazier park, then that is 26 miles from out departure point so you should expect us to pass by at 10:20-10:30. See you soon.

KJ,

Would love to have you along. Our only definite gathering point is at:

Citgo
27680 Lake Hughes Rd
Castaic, CA 91384
661-257-0831
I am not sure where Flying J is, but if it is at Frazier park, then that is 26 miles from out departure point so you should expect us to pass by at 10:20-10:30. See you soon.
Flying J is on the southwest side of the Frazier Park exit.

OK Barrie see you on Saturday, September 29th, 2007 at the;

Flying J Travel Plaza

42810 Frazier Mountain Rd,

Lebec - (661) 248-2505

at 10:30AM or so...

I'm in and will be at the original 10am meeting point. Just published an email to friends offering a passenger slot, but count on just being solo. This run will probably be the last for my Diablo Strada tires, then I'll change them out before the Spank Rally in October. Still gotta re-bleed the rear/linked system from my fiasco a couple weeks ago, they're still softer than they were before and NOT ready for 33-grade riding. :rolleyes: :cry:

If any other SD-area riders are going up, I'm split as to whether I can make it that same morning or if I'm gonna do the hotel thing the night before. Any lodging recommendations near the start point or south of there along my route up would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in and will be at the original 10am meeting point. Just published an email to friends offering a passenger slot, but count on just being solo. This run will probably be the last for my Diablo Strada tires, then I'll change them out before the Spank Rally in October. Still gotta re-bleed the rear/linked system from my fiasco a couple weeks ago, they're still softer than they were before and NOT ready for 33-grade riding. :rolleyes: :cry: If any other SD-area riders are going up, I'm split as to whether I can make it that same morning or if I'm gonna do the hotel thing the night before. Any lodging recommendations near the start point or south of there along my route up would be appreciated.
[SIZE=14pt]I'm comming from Fallbrook. Where do you want to meet?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt]If I can get up early enough, I'd like to do this one![/SIZE]
Lanny,Where did you come from? Sure, we would be glad to have you along. See you soon.Barry
[SIZE=14pt]I came from my MOMMY a long, long, long time ago![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]I'm comming from Fallbrook. Where do you want to meet?[/SIZE]
I'll be heading up the 5, so anywhere you want to cut over to the 5 from Fallbrook is up to you. Pick your cutover spot and a time and I'll tell you if it's feasible. Are you planning on going up early that morning or going up the night before?

Latest posts