Fred W and TMJ's Vacation Ride to the Great Divide

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Cole.

Yes, there was a lot that we missed in the areas we toured, and a whole lot more of the country to tour as well. This trip was good to get our feet wet, and we'll certainly to do a better job of getting to the good stuff on future go arounds.

As for the over 60 club discount at NPs, oh yeah... I fully intend on getting in on that. And hopefully I'll need it due to being on a fixed income at that time too, if you catch my drift. More time (and less money) to travel,. they say... ;)

Fred,

I've been away from the forum for a few weeks. I really enjoyed your trip log. It was sensational! So good to hear you arrived home safely and had such a wonderful experience. Here's to both of you. One day I hope to duplicate your efforts out West. Like you said earlier, pictures just don't do justice to the magnificent scenery. Welcome home my friend!

Jeff

Absolutely one of the best RR's evah
smile.png
smile.png
Thank you Fred. And, the wonderful Josie
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys keep giving Fred the credit for this wonderful ride report. I maintain that Fred is not usually this useful. I am positive that this RR would not be this good if not for the wonderful pictures and delightful presence of The Magnificent Josie. She is obviously a positive influence on Fred and she deserves at least as much credit as he does.

At least the cheap rascall is buying her a new bike so she can be more comfortable.

There is no question that you are right, Fish. I've always contended that what separates a great ride report from a merely good one is the photo content. A good story line helps, but absent any true epic adventure, photos tell the story. I've taken my cues from some of the best Ride Reporters around, here on this forum, and others. My paltry efforts pale in comparison to some of the truly great RRs of the past.

I do know some solo riders that will hang a camera around their own necks and fire off shots, while piloting their bikes down the road. Honestly, I cannot imagine doing that in the Bighorn Mountains, on Chief Joseph or Beartooth Highways, or up in Logan Pass at Glacier NP. I had everything I could do to keep the bike on the pavement while stealing a few glances at the scenery now and then.

Yes, having a pillion photographer along is a distinct advantage. Otherwise, to get any decent shots you'd constantly be stopping to capture them. That would make for a long 6500 miles.
wink.png

Sorry, had to revive this Dinosaur of a Ride Report. I am doing some research on a Trip and remembered this splendid source of information from 5 years ago. Still Good Stuff.

I am leaving in one week headed to Deadwood. Pop wants to see Mount Rushmore.

After this, the only other place he Really wants to see is Maine so he can eat a lobster. He is happy wherever I lead him but Rushmore and the New England Coast are the last two places he has on his...list.

It just does not seem like the Ride Reports section gets the love it used to. I can remember when this Ride Report was the hottest topic on this forum.

Five years old?

Still good reading, held my attention for the past couple of hours ?

Taking the US highways and secondary roads really is the best way to enjoy this wonderful bit of real estate we call home. Having experienced it with your very best friend aboard must have been the icing on the cake!

I envy the guys whos very best friends ride with, or along side on their own mounts; the several couples Ive had the privilege of sharing the road with made the time so much more enjoyable.

Mr. W, a belated Thanks for the ride report.

... and Mr. Fish, thanks for digging it up. Enjoy your upcoming ride with Pop.

Brodie

?

Latest posts