• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FREE Spot 3

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same email. Did you read the requirements to get your rebate? No thanks! Far to many restrictions to allow them to weasel out of it.

I hadn't read all the fine print. It still looks like a good deal for someone who is looking for the SPOT3 device. Considering that people are happy using a cell phone app for tracking, I honestly expected SPOT to give the devices away for free in order to make their money on the annual fees.

I got the same email. Did you read the requirements to get your rebate? No thanks! Far to many restrictions to allow them to weasel out of it.
Apart from my general distrust and dislike of "Mail-In Rebates", this offer appears to be genuine and have no more conditions than are normal for this kind of offer.

In the end, it is a Spot 3 for the price of any taxes you might have to pay on the purchase.

Personally I think it would be simpler and a good deal more honest of SPOT simply gave the units away with a subscription, but they are probably relying on the fact that some folk will mess up the rebate process, or simply not claim, to reduce their costs.