Front tire replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neonguy95

Reaction score
I couldn't find this information quickly so if I make a post it might help someone.

When you remove the front wheel on a 2015 FJR 1300ES there are two spacers/bushings the ABS sensor plate and the axle. One spacer/bushing is slightly longer than the other.

The larger of the two spacers/bushings go on the left side the smaller on the right followed by the ABS sensor plate.

This maybe absolutely no help to anyone, but when I change the front tire again and I forget this; I can find it here.

Rusty

Last edited by a moderator:
You should specify longer on the left WHEN FACING THE FRONT OF THE BIKE. Left/Right is usually done as sitting on the bike.
Or you can say "clutch side" / "brake side" -- but then the AE guys will forget to put one side back together....

Whenever I take anything apart on the bikes, I keep two parts bins...left side & right side. When CRS kicks in, it gives me a fighting chance that the bike will get back together.
weirdsmiley.gif

YMMV!

--G

With the invention of digital cameras, taking a photo costs nothing. (For you nitpickers, it does cost the energy expended from the battery to take and then to view the photo.)

You can take 150 photos during disassembly, and review them when reassembling. AND, you can sort through them, select a half-dozen, and post them here for others who are attempting the same procedure.

Thanks for the contribution, Neonguy95. This website excels at being a humongous pile of maintenance and repair notes for the FJR -- and you have made it humongous-er.

With the invention of digital cameras, taking a photo costs nothing. (For you nitpickers, it does cost the energy expended from the battery to take and then to view the photo.)
You can take 150 photos during disassembly, and review them when reassembling. AND, you can sort through them, select a half-dozen, and post them here for others who are attempting the same procedure.

Thanks for the contribution, Neonguy95. This website excels at being a humongous pile of maintenance and repair notes for the FJR -- and you have made it humongous-er.
Mechanic'd for a number of years. I am very used to being able to just tear something apart and figure out how it goes back together.

That being said I was a refrigeration mechanic and FJR's lack cooling capacity. Sometimes I jump ahead of myself.

Rusty

Whenever I take anything apart on the bikes, I keep two parts bins...left side & right side. When CRS kicks in, it gives me a fighting chance that the bike will get back together.
weirdsmiley.gif

YMMV!

--G
Sheeeyeah right!!!

I recall the time at Rays during the Reuben Run weekend when you took the cap off a pen and spent half an hour getting it back on.

weirdsmiley.gif

YMMV!

--G
Sheeeyeah right!!!

I recall the time at Rays during the Reuben Run weekend when you took the cap off a pen and spent half an hour getting it back on.
weirdsmiley.gif

YMMV!

--G
Sheeeyeah right!!!

At least he didn't have to spend the night in the goat pen to keep him away from the twins. JSNS. (channeling Don as best I can).

Mechanic'd for a number of years. I am very used to being able to just tear something apart and figure out how it goes back together.

That being said I was a refrigeration mechanic and FJR's lack cooling capacity. Sometimes I jump ahead of myself.

Rusty
And now we understand his name, too. Unless he actually glows in the dark.

weirdsmiley.gif
YMMV!

--G
Sheeeyeah right!!!

innocent.gif

--G

Rusty
And now we understand his name, too. Unless he actually glows in the dark.
Comes from when I actually drove a Neon....From 1995...

Kept the same forum name because I am been recognized through out the years from people that I used to chat with. Happened on the ADV-rider forums, but not on any FJR forums. I am typically just a lurker.