• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 2005 FJR1300 (Gen 1) US bike in Canada

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcadianSlim

Reaction score
I'm posting this again (with more info and mistakes fixed) because i could not edit the one I posted yesterday...

I've decided to sell my '05, it has just over 75K miles, serviced for the past 3 years by superstar mechanics Ray and Bill, and hums like a beast.

This is a Canadian titled US bike. I'm the 3rd owner, the previous owner said he'd purchased it from a guy in Indiana. (speedometer reads mph in large numbers, km/h in small numbers). The odometer can be switched from km to miles by pressing a holding both buttons, so this bike can run on either side of the the 49th.

Link to photos: https://www.flickr.com/gp/188481926@N08/62L621

What's good:

• Heli risers
  • Kosso heated grips (the expensive kind with the built-in switch on the left grip, these get really hot)
  • Colour matching Givi colour matched top case with backrest pad for your passenger and built-in brake and signal lights. Bag is a large one, I think it's a 52L.
  • LED tail light bar under the top case, lights sequentially from the centre when braking, sequentially left or right with turn signal, you can’t miss these babies from 500 yards
  • Additional amber running lights on front faring (top are also signal, bottom are just running) and side of bike under seat are both running and signal (see photos)
  • Mini spot mirrors on both sides, eliminates blind spot
  • Battery tender
  • New brake pads, installed last fall
  • Forks rebuilt last fall with new seals and OEM springs (thank you Ray!)
  • I installed the smaller '03 OEM shield, I didn't like the 23" shield it came with
  • Valve job done at 52K miles  (thanks Ray and Bill!)
  • Cam chain tensioner replaced, again by Ray and Bill
  • Spark plugs replaced when we did the valve job
What's not so good:

• ABS not working, likely cause is lack of use of rear brake by previous owner. Ray installed a gizmo to cycle the system but I haven't been able to cycle it much since I park in an underground garage and have no access to plug it in (cycling uses a lot of battery power). So it’s still possible it will work again
  • Minor scratches and partially cracked reflector on the right side bag - it fell off the bike at speed last year, I had failed to properly attach it after removing it for a tire change. They are still completely functional and I've never seen them leak during a downpour, so the issue is light cosmetic only - you don't really notice unless you stare at them.
  • Glove box latch is broken, lid held closed by black velcro strip and does the job well
Other details, neither good nor bad:

• Previous owner put handguards (possibly Suzuki, not sure) that are good enough to keep the wind off your hands, but are only bolted on the inside because they didn’t really fit the grip ends. The left one has three built-in switches with insulated wiring. One of the switches is supposed to turn on the white LED lights under the nose, but the lights no longer work and I haven’t bothered to fix or remove them.
  • Tires are new from last year (Dunlop Roadsmart III) with less than 1000 miles on them, but the rear picked up a loose screw last fall while heading on a trip, luckily found a garage nearby that plugged it - it's holding 40 psi nicely.
Staying and going:

• I’ve been using a Russell Day Long for the past year, custom made for someone else's butt. I will sell this separately and I still have the stock seat which is like new.
  • I'll also be removing the Ram mounts
  • Everything else noted above staysi
Link to photos: https://www.flickr.com/gp/188481926@N08/62L621

Asking $4000 Cdn, but I'll consider any offer that doesn't make me laugh or cringe. Time for someone else to enjoy it. PM me with an offer or if you have questions.