• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fuel tank insulator for 2003-2005 FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
If anyone want one send me a pm. They are $25. shipped to lower USA.

Thanks Smitty

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

Smitty,

Just got back from a ride and have to say your insulation blanket makes a notable difference in felt heat. I left with the fuel guage reading 2 bars and when I returned it was already into reserve. I did this on purpose to see how much the blanket helped. Well, I can tell you that before, without the blanket and the fuel level low, the tank would get very hot and could boil the fuel in extreme temps. Today was about 90 deg. and after a 60 mi. ride thru the mountains and about 5 mi. of stop and go city riding to get back home, the tank was barely warm! This is my second FJR and I've logged approx. 40,000 mi on the two of them. My 03' ran noticeably cooler than my 05'. I think mamayama has got her leaned out to the max. I had a PCIII on the 03' and guess I may go ahead and get one (you don't happen to have one in your collection of goodies?) for the 05'. Having said that, I will say I never was bothered by the heat to the extent some posters have been. It's always been something I could live with for 3 or 4 months of the year. I just know for a fact the FJR likes it if you "spritz" her down with a little extra fuel. My 05' gets mid to high 40's gas mileage so I could easily give up a little mileage for the many benefits a PCIII brings to the table. My 03' with PCIII got about 42/43 under most conditions. Anyway, just wanted to let you know how pleased I am with your product..........Vaya Con Dios ;)

Smitty-

New member here. Don't panic. Sent PM to you regarding your insulation blanket. Thanks!

Just made some blankets... pm me if you need one. $25. shipped lower 48. Thanks Smitty

I had smitty throw his insulation on my 05 while he was doing the cruise...it definately made a big difference. The tank was still warm but not hot to the touch riding in 80+ heat on the way home. You can't beat the price either...much less than the Ebay deal!!!

Again, Thanks Smitty

Latest posts