Fun Autumn Time Activities

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeattleTy

LOVE 2 RIDE & RIDE 2 LOVE
Reaction score
Autumn time may not be the best season to ride our beloved 2 wheel in the PNW, but it does offer Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

What are some of your favorite activities during this season? What do you do to keep it fun and exciting?

Please share your favorite Autumn time activities and enjoyable hobbies during this season.

Help create some fun ideas for your fellow friends to enjoy and share your creativity
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For me summer around here is often too warm to ride. Heck go over the hill and it is 105 - yuck - cap it off with forest fires and smoke to choke on. So I do other things then like hiking and golfing in summer.

Spring and Autumn are my riding seasons! I will be out every dry weekend day I can get out between now and the middle of December. El Nino is a back so odds are it will be an warmer and dryer winter this year so we have a lot of riding left.

Fontanaman, that is very true that it is El Nino season and riding will be extended due to the warmer weather. You bring up an excellent point for me and others to consider that perhaps our riding season is going to be extend. In addtion, you bring up another good point is that summer riding does get a little too warm for comfort and perhaps Autumn and Spring somewhat can be enjoyed as well. Thank you for the reply Fontanaman, it brings a brilliant insight to extending our riding season here in the NW, hope to hear more Autumn time activities from others :)

Seattle Ty,

I learned a long time ago that we need an activity or sport to get through the late fall and winter rainy blues in the PNW. 30 years ago I started white water kayaking. When the rest of Canada is getting prepared for snow and cold we are blessed with copious amounts rain.

My friends and I get together every weekend to run the rivers of Vancouver Island. The more rain the bigger the rivers, what could be better?

We finally received enough rain that today was our first day of the paddling season which runs until May. Beautiful scenery, remote place most people never get to see and the excitement of paddling difficult sections of rivers gives me a great sense of well being and fulfilment.

I realize this may not be a pass time to be undertaken lightly but with the right gear, training, and attitude it is the best way I can find to enjoy this time of year.

Today was the Oyster River. Tomorrow it will be the Gold River.

Gmann

Seattle Ty,
I learned a long time ago that we need an activity or sport to get through the late fall and winter rainy blues in the PNW. 30 years ago I started white water kayaking. When the rest of Canada is getting prepared for snow and cold we are blessed with copious amounts rain.

My friends and I get together every weekend to run the rivers of Vancouver Island. The more rain the bigger the rivers, what could be better?

We finally received enough rain that today was our first day of the paddling season which runs until May. Beautiful scenery, remote place most people never get to see and the excitement of paddling difficult sections of rivers gives me a great sense of well being and fulfilment.

I realize this may not be a pass time to be undertaken lightly but with the right gear, training, and attitude it is the best way I can find to enjoy this time of year.

Today was the Oyster River. Tomorrow it will be the Gold River.

Gmann
Gmann, that seams like a like a lot of fun traveling through the waters and adoring the beautiful landscape. Since many great roads run along rivers, I always admired those kayaks in the river while riding my motorcycle. Traffic was never an issue nor gasoline for the kayaker, just them and the water as they travel down the river.

This summer, I brought the idea of getting into kayaking to my wife and she did not see the value that I did. I thought, it was a great idea since I wouldn't have to worry about traffic congestion or anything in that nature. If I was kayaking, I could race down the river or enjoy the ride and the scenery. Anyways, I think I will need to do some more convincing before I can experience this really neat sport, I hope to go kayaking someday!

Thank you for sharing Gmann, hope to hear more wonderful Autumn time fun, please share yours for others to enjoy
smile.png

I you want to do it Ty, go!

Sea kayaking is a wonderful way to experience the beauty and freedom of the water on a self powered craft. There is many places to try it out near Seattle. A introductory course is great way to see our world from a different perspective!

Cheers,

Gmann

I you want to do it Ty, go!
Sea kayaking is a wonderful way to experience the beauty and freedom of the water on a self powered craft. There is many places to try it out near Seattle. A introductory course is great way to see our world from a different perspective!

Cheers,

Gmann
My inner voice has been calling me to do this the entire summer ! I just need to convince my better half that it will be a big benefit in my life to add Kayaking as a recreational hobby. I am completely sold on kayaking and the uniqueness it brings, I just need to full consent to fully enjoy it ! Thanks for sharing Gmann, hope to see you in action someday
smile.png

I have been thinking about mountain climb or hiking. Share your thoughts if you like mountain climbing, hiking or even kayaking
smile.png

What do you like to do during the Autumn season?