Fuse block preference

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just installed a FuzeBlock FZ1. Very straightforward installation. Everything works fine - switched and unswitched.

However, I do need to check the power draw on my air pump. I know it blows a 7.5 amp fuse because I first tested it by plugging it into the Powerlet outlet I have installed on Panel A. Oops. After that, I only plugged it into my rear Powerlet sockets which used to have a 15 amp fuse. Now, because of the limitations of the FZ1, there is a 10 amp fuse on that line. Of course, if it blows the fuse it is now really accessible for poping in a new one. It's almost easier to plug it in and see what happens than it is to look up the specs!

Just installed a FuzeBlock FZ1. Very straightforward installation. Everything works fine - switched and unswitched.
However, I do need to check the power draw on my air pump. I know it blows a 7.5 amp fuse because I first tested it by plugging it into the Powerlet outlet I have installed on Panel A. Oops. After that, I only plugged it into my rear Powerlet sockets which used to have a 15 amp fuse. Now, because of the limitations of the FZ1, there is a 10 amp fuse on that line. Of course, if it blows the fuse it is now really accessible for poping in a new one. It's almost easier to plug it in and see what happens than it is to look up the specs!
BTDT 10A should be enough for your pump.

I still have a battery tender connection direct to the battery that I re-purposed to also power my tank bag if I want. I dropped it down to a 3A which wasn't quite enough for my pump either, so I put a 10A fuze back in and I'm good to go.