G2 Ergo Throttle and Hot Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drmjf86

Reaction score
I tried searching for this info but came up empty. Hard to believe the question hasn't come up before but, if it has, I couldn't find it. Will Hot Grips (or for that matter the OEM heated grips) work w/ the G2 Ergo throttle sizewise? What size Hot Grips would I need?

Thanks

I just installed the 7/8" Hot Grips over my G2 throttle tube a few days and it fits fine. The grips end up sliding over both sides of the bars relatively loosely and need to be epoxied in place, but once the epoxy cures it's a very solid fit.

I installed the Ergo 520-750 7/8" Hot Grips over the G2 about a year ago. I had to sand-file off some of the knurling on the G2 tube, because the fit was tooooo tight.

I just installed the 7/8" Hot Grips over my G2 throttle tube a few days and it fits fine. The grips end up sliding over both sides of the bars relatively loosely and need to be epoxied in place, but once the epoxy cures it's a very solid fit.
An alternative to epoxy is a small amount of high temp RTV gasket maker....