G2 Throttle Tube - Fits the AE???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogMcQ

Reaction score
I was thinking about ordering a G2 Throttle Tube but something is nagging away at me, suggesting that it doesn't fit the clutchless models. Have I read that somewhere or is it just in my head? :dribble:

I was thinking about ordering a G2 Throttle Tube but something is nagging away at me, suggesting that it doesn't fit the clutchless models. Have I read that somewhere or is it just in my head? :dribble:
It fits the 06 AE and works smoothly without any installation problems.

It will work flawlessly.

Watch ( FINALLY! ) for a Group Buy after Sep. 5th.

The install is CAKE and the thing works great.

GZ

Last edited by a moderator:
The Throttle tube for the AE model is 1/2 inch longer than the standard model, due to the heated grip. I have talked to Sam at G2 and he is in the process of getting some manufactured for the AE and Heated grip optioned bikes. He has informed me that this could take a month!

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked beautifully on my 06 AE and has been doing so for abour 3000 miles. I think it is a worthwhile upgrade.

CaryB

The g-2 tube I installed in June was exactly the same length as the oem tube. It fit perfectly and was very easy also.

The tube will fit the clutchless model but it is 1/2" short due to the heated grips. The tube for the clutchless AE model is 6" vs 5 1/2". Sam from G2 should have some of these avaliable in about a month.

installed with no problems on a 2007 AE. works as advertised. good addition in conjuction with unwinding the throttle spring 1 revolution.