Garmin Zumo 220

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$600 bucks ? WOW.....

I can get a 550 for that........ But, with that said the 550 retails for $1000 and you can buy them for $600... With the new 220, it might retail for $600 but might be able to pick one up for 350-400 sometime soon.... ??? I'm still saving for the 550.... two more years I should have enough..... LOL

Might as well buy the Nuvi 550, unless you REALLY want the Bluetooth.
Yep

Where's the f*****g headphone jack?

And $599??!?!?!?! F-U Garmin.

My Nuvi 755t + mapsource (included in NuMaps guarantee download) + ziploc baggie is a superior unit for hundreds less. So it's not IPX7? How much do I ride in the rain, seriously?

And the hardcore guys are running Zumo 550's at minimum, more likely GPSMAP378 or 478 or even the old StreetPilot 2xx0 series.

What a wonderful waste of time there Garmin.

Last edited by a moderator:
As predicted a few weeks ago.

The Bluetooth is to connect the unit to your headset, but it does not operate as a cell phone handsfree from what I can tell. That makes it the reverse of every other navigator in the lineup.

To some degree I agree with the comment that the Nuvi 550 makes a better choice, especially from the financial perspective - then again the Nuvi has no bluetooth or headset output.

None of that makes the 660/665 the better choice, however . . . A touchscreen version of the 276/478 with Bluetooth would be closer to my ideal - unfortunately, the GPSMAP 640 isn't the solution either.

Maybe if they fixed the user interface on the Zumo 660 and cleared up the bugs?

Zumo 220...is that some kind of joke Garmin? It's just a dumbed down (albeit waterproof) Nuvi with a dealbreaker of a pricetag. And to add insult to injury it doesn't even have a headphone jack.

The new Garmin 665 looks interesting, basically adds XM to the 660...and increases the price substantially. I'm not sure from the limited details if it's the crappy ass nav weather or full tilt xmwx. I'm not sure I like the touch screen navigators anyway, I constantly have to clean fingerprints off them.

I'm still kind of partial to my Garmin 376c, though I do have a Nuvi 465t and Rand McNally TND500 sitting next to it to provide actual truck routing. If there are any truck or rv drivers reading this don't bother with the Nuvi 465t if you want to keep your rig from becomming a convertable. (Once you leave the main highways it doesn't even look for low clearances or other truck restrictions.) :angry2: The Rand Mcnally is painfully slow to calculate routes, but hasn't tried to send me under a low overpass or bridge yet. :unsure:

I'm still waiting for ONE unit that will do truck routing and xmwx and is also waterproof so I can put it on the bike. For now I'll just deal with multiple nav units on the dash. The 376C is the only one that goes from the big truck to the little truck and onto the bike for now.

Zumo 220...is that some kind of joke Garmin? It's just a dumbed down (albeit waterproof) Nuvi with a dealbreaker of a pricetag. And to add insult to injury it doesn't even have a headphone jack.
The new Garmin 665 looks interesting, basically adds XM to the 660...and increases the price substantially. I'm not sure from the limited details if it's the crappy ass nav weather or full tilt xmwx. I'm not sure I like the touch screen navigators anyway, I constantly have to clean fingerprints off them.

I'm still kind of partial to my Garmin 376c, though I do have a Nuvi 465t and Rand McNally TND500 sitting next to it to provide actual truck routing. If there are any truck or rv drivers reading this don't bother with the Nuvi 465t if you want to keep your rig from becomming a convertable. (Once you leave the main highways it doesn't even look for low clearances or other truck restrictions.) :angry2: The Rand Mcnally is painfully slow to calculate routes, but hasn't tried to send me under a low overpass or bridge yet. :unsure:

I'm still waiting for ONE unit that will do truck routing and xmwx and is also waterproof so I can put it on the bike. For now I'll just deal with multiple nav units on the dash. The 376C is the only one that goes from the big truck to the little truck and onto the bike for now.

like they said, buy a 550 for the same money on sale.

I am still lovin my Zumo 660. I would not buy the 665 for the additional cost and how I use it. I would buy it all over again and it works great with the Autocom.