• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garmin Zumo 550 user update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll post up after January 26th, 2008.. My 50th revolution around the sun and I get a Zumo! :D

I have the Zumo in my truck now and it's is working great.I haven't hard wired to the bike yet,I did mount it on the ram mount and tried it with the battery's and it worked fine I can see it good in the sun,much better than my 2610.

Zumo 550 Forum

Zumo interactive page

Ed... ;)

Nothing but positive experiences so far.

I haven't used it on the bike yet, but in the car it's great, mounts are beefy, interface is intuitive.

I enjoy the tracklog feature..it was missing from my c550.

I have only used the Zumo on one interstate trip in the cage on Thanksgiving so far. I just finished the mount on the FJR this past Monday and the temperature has dropped to a point where I won't be doing long trips. I will be commuting with the bike though. I have a Scala rider BT headset and I have not used it much with the Zumo. I was suprised that it will play MP3 through the headset. So far I am very pleased. I have to remember to turn on the Zumo and let it pair with my Phone prior to turning on my Scala rider or else things do not work quite right. My address book does not transfer to the Zumo from the phone but my phone is not listed on the Garmin web site either. It does work with voice commands and such but this was just playing with it using the battery power and in my living room. I will post more when I use it more.

I used an SAE 2 pole connector for power on the Zumo mount. This way I can use a ram mount on my SV650 and use the Zumo mount on either bike. I do not have to purchase another mount this way and I can remove my Zumo while on tour without worrying about someone stealing the mount. It is easy to remove.

DRJFJR

I was suprised that it will play MP3 through the headset.

This I am surprised to hear. Wonder if the XM radio will play through the BT also?

KM
"The Zumo can play audio back either via a hardwired connection using its 3.5mm audio out jack, or via Bluetooth. The Bluetooth option will NOT carry the XM radio, and is only Mono. The 3.5mm output is stereo. The Zumo can accommodate 2 Bluetooth connections as well (headset and phone). As far as recommended headsets, most should work just fine."

XM radio is stereo when output through the 3.5mm audio jack.