Gel in seats

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, if you're in the saddle for a long time, the standard one would be very slightly more comfortable.
And some say that the standard Top Sellerie is slightly lower than the OEM seat..?. Some options about that?.

Just another gel opinion.
The gel insert will pick up heat from both the engine and the sun and hold it. On a ride with say 22-25C temps, your privates will be med rare by the end of the day. The seat will still be warm 2 or 3 hours after you park for the night.
Just my 2¢.
-Steve

Tank's for the pictures, and replay. Did you go for a lower version. How vas the hight compared to the OEM seat.... And what colour, fabric did you go for.... Could you please give me the code you used.... Yours look good, and I'm looking for the same look and stitching.
I did go for the lower version only because I'm 5'8 with a lower inner but think I would have been ok with the STD height. All my choices on the pdf attached. Hope this helps

Attachments

• CD1248083_yamaha-fjr-1300-2006.pdf
    83.2 KB · Views: 0
Ah, if you're in the saddle for a long time, the standard one would be very slightly more comfortable.
Hi, I got my new seat. It looks great... Comfort, lower, with heat. I feel like there is not mutch rom to alternate you're sitting position. Like you tred you're but into shaped out hole. Not much to alter youre sitting position 🫣. Alt experience on that?.

GOF, Congrats on your new seat!

I also use a custom seat, but on long trips I add an Alaska Sheepskin over the top, or beads, or nothing on top and now you have 3 different seats in 1.

Variety is nice, and the 2 covers don't take up much space in the saddle bags. Also, beads keep you dryer in the rain, and sheepskin insulates from heat or cold.

GOF, Congrats on your new seat!

I also use a custom seat, but on long trips I add an Alaska Sheepskin over the top, or beads, or nothing on top and now you have 3 different seats in 1.

Variety is nice, and the 2 covers don't take up much space in the saddle bags. Also, beads keep you dryer in the rain, and sheepskin insulates from heat or cold.
This is the new one.... nice😊.

Attachments

• 20240215_173636.jpg
    20240215_173636.jpg
    852.3 KB · Views: 1